He uses google chrome on linux

>he uses google chrome on linux

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2333288/edward-snowden-speaks-up-for-encryption-at-sxsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what I want to know is when the fuck distros are going to start carrying the ungoogled-chromium patchset

Since when did you start shilling so hard

>gentoo
>Automatic updates are not supported on this Operating system.
>you have to close this fucking popup each time you open the browser
yeah fuck chrome

What the fuck else am i supposed to use, firefox? That browser is garbage and slow as fuck. Chrome is fast and suits all my needs.

I hate the botnet but also don't want to use a SJW browser. What do you recommend me, fellow gentlemen?

That takes some effort, considering distros come with Chromium out of the box.

I use chromium with widevine for netflix and that's about it

is one of your needs reporting everything you do to Google?

>giving a shit about giving some data to google

They literally use it to make the browser better. Stop being such a paranoid faggot.

>it's okay for a private company to keep a record of my entire life, and provide it to the government if asked, because it means my web browser loads ads faster!

I'll never understand people like you

Commit Sudoku

I shiggydig you aren't advocating SJW infested trash that was formerly known as firefox.

>Stop being paranoid
>What is Snowden

wtf is wrong with you

>using Linux and not installing Google Ultron

Firefox is fast as fuck for me now with E10s and an SSD.

so use one of the forks if you're so booty bothered about politics

>What is Snowden
Something that should tell you that your choice of browser doesn't fucking matter anyway.

Someone's been rectally ravaged

Since this is Sup Forums I'm too afraid to play webms with animals in them...

>your choice of browser doesn't fucking matter anyway.
>lol its over, privacy is dead, just give up

no, fuck you. You're whats wrong with this world.

You are literally no safer with Firefox than with chrome

how? I can't get chrome installed on debian

Debian is for advanced users only

Firefox lets you disable telemetry, safebrowsing, and a myriad of things that are used for tracking. They're both shit out of the box, but FF can be improved and Chrome can't.

Why do you think Tor build on top of FF and not Chrome?

Do you honest to god think you can hide from the United states government? It doesn't matter what fucking browser, search engine, or os you use. They can get any amount of information from you, anytime they want.

Instead of trying to fight a war you can't win, how about you just try to enjoy yourself and relax? You'll be a much happier person.

apt update && apt install chromium

you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you

>chrome
>chromium
It's not the same thing, and it's not just a rebrand like Iceweasel.

Yes. You can. Most of their information comes from passive dragnet surveillance that's easy to frustrate. It's just that there's a lot of people like you that can't be bothered. A lot more comes from sending warrants and NSLs to companies that collect that information already (Google being a big one), which you can easily avoid. People can and do evade the government even when the government is interested in them specifically. If it was impossible, Snowden would be dead.

Stop letting other people do whatever the fuck they want to you, if you value your life as more than just a sequence of approved products to consume.

Yeah, they remove some (not nearly all) of the botnet.

There's literally no reason to use Chrome over Chromium. Chromium is still harmful, but it's strictly less harmful than Chrome.

Stop spreading lies in the Internet. End-to-end encryption (HTTPS, signal protocol) makes global surveillance impossible. Snowden clearly said that, and NEVER said our choices don't matter.

One source: theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2333288/edward-snowden-speaks-up-for-encryption-at-sxsw

Yes, I do. My goal is not to make target surveillance impossible on me. That is impossible today, as was impossible 100 years ago. But you can and should work against mass surveillance.

Strong, end to end encryption wherever possible is the best tool against mass collection of data.

>End-to-end encryption
How is that related to your choice of browser? Come back when Snowden said to use one browser and not the other.

One of the benefits of making mass surveillance more difficult is that it also makes targeted surveillance more difficult. Ending targeted surveillance as well as mass surveillance might be impossible or nearly so, but we should still be trying.

Yes. I said it was impossible in the sense that you can't make it impossible for someone to follow you around all day, making notes about your habits. tl;dr oldschool spying, not online.

You are the one who changed the subject by saying you can't avoid being spied by the United States government.

>Come back when Snowden said to use one browser
He recommended Tor more than once, but he usually avoids recommending specific software. In his presentations, he says to watch out the business model of services you're using.

But muh netflix tho.

What about it?

>Use HTTPS everywhere on chrome
Easy peasy

And I use signal on my phone because incidentally it's also the most useful texting app

Use Firefox and user agent changer

Vivaldi

Keep deleting my cache and cookies on firefox.
Use chrome for netflix and google music only and just leave them logged in.
I guess I could use a separate firefox user, tho.

I use chrome on my desktop.
I like to watch Netflix and chrome is how you do that on linux.

I don't want to sound edgy, but seriously, just torrent shows. You get new seasons faster, more options, offline support, etc. It really is the best option, plus if you have a newer tv you can plug in a flash drive with shows on it and watch them on your TV.

>firefox
>slow
pick 1