Video Players

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

smplayer.sourceforge.net/en/mpv
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1052
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/player/lua/osc.lua
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

which one of these is best if i want it to work right out of the box and work good i just want to watch my old foreign films and sometimes anime

>Sup Forums has become so delusional that VLC is seen as contrarian

What a time to be alive. Is Debian contrarian too now?

I don't think op knows what contrarian means.

you're obviously quite intelligent, Sup Forums needs more intelligent threads like this one

MPV works out of the box, but has an extremely minimalistic UI, akin to that of a website media player (it's literally just a few play/pause buttons, a progress bar and a thing for choosing subtitles and audio tracks). It works well for me, personally -- since I hate when things are in the way of the video -- but for some it may be rather confusing. VLC works out of the box as well, but has a more traditional user interface. SMplayer is kind of a mix between the two -- it uses MPV as a backend, but adds a UI on top of it.

here are some gifs that might help you to dont choose vlc

If it works for you, it is fine.

...and everything in OP is fine.

>codec pack
>video player

No

>it uses MPV as a backend
are you retarded? do you not know what the mplayer in smplayer is? not surprising somebody slaps a minimal UI on a 20 year old player and Sup Forums thinks it's GODTIER

SMPlayer literally can use MPV as a backend if you tell it to. Sure, originally it only used MPlayer, but that has changed. Check smplayer.sourceforge.net/en/mpv

I use VLC, but that's purely from the standpoint that I've had it on my computer for the past 3-4 years and see no reason to replace what works perfectly fine for what I need.

heh, and this guy called you retarded...

Wrong, MPV doesn't even have a GUI or a box for that matter, because it doesn't have official builds. What you got was a third party build with a third party GUI working on top of a shitty software that's as mature as an early alpha but retards keep shilling because they think they're 1337. There's no reason to use anything other that MPC-HC with madVR.

Seeking.

VLC

>MPV doesn't even have a GUI
>The On Screen Controller is a minimal GUI integrated with mpv to offer basic mouse-controllability.
>The OSC is enabled by default

I dont think you think you know what OP thinks that doesnt think.

>minimal GUI integrated with mpv
>integrated
>not part of mpv, but something added by the third party that built it, since the piece of shit has no official builds

Why are you so stupid? Comprehending what you read isn't hard. No wonder you shill for MPV.

>default player is mpv

Do you not know what "integrated" means? It's literally a synonym for "built in". That is to say -- if you built MPV from source yourself, it would be there.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1052

watch the autist reply with the same webm

And you are wrong again; thrice. Clearly you have never built MPV, otherwise you'd know that it isn't like that. Also "built in" doesn't mean that either, and "integrated" isn't a synonymous for it anyway; I just checked 3 dictionaries for the synonyms and I conclude that you used the word "literally" wrong, so you can count that as a 4th mistake if you want to. Consider ending your life, shill.

>8
>8
>8
>8
>8888
>dubs
nice

pleb

I've not been following this argument but I really like the way you put this post

I cant

Funny how this doesn't happen in my copy of darker than black.

K-Lite Standard.

Funnier still how this doesn't happen with MPC-HC.

>keeping a copy of Darker than Black

the autist downloaded a shit encode as seen here

Assuming the file isn't corrupted, then sure it shouldn't happen.
The encode is fine, I have the same release by the same subbers. His files corrupted, should've checked the CRC before shitposting like a retard.

Nah, nu/g/ is actually an extension of Sup Forums.

what is this effect called?

vlc

Now shut that gaping asshole you call a mouth and follow your own suggestion.

Why does your Windows look like ass?

mpv, although I've never used it on Windows before. It works great on Linux

>Clearly you have never built MPV, otherwise you'd know that it isn't like that.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/player/lua/osc.lua
dunning kruger in full force

The guy was using hardware decoding, and the bug report says the problem goes away when using software decoding

Put 2 and 2 together

this. video player / GPU / browser / OS / distro wars are an extension of Sup Forums's console wars, with the same kiddies participating in them

It looks like ass since it's a fresh Debian VM, to make doubly sure it builds this way in the default config. Also, building shit from source on Windows? Yeah, no, thanks.

I was still using KCP and started using mpv just this month and loving it. Aside from the fact that I still don't know how to make a config (just want gamma and languages settings tho)

On the contrary

ditto.
also, I have win, osx and linux
and vlc looks and feels the same in all three.
comfy

cccp with vlc.

well

>ctrl+f "smplayer"
>4 hits
Good gooey

data moshing

>To don't

it was actually taken from a vlc rendering

>mfw I unironically think that youtube is the best video player
>mfw I upload videos privately to enjoy it's smoothness and ease of use
>mfw I don't have to store everything locally

>yfw your stupid video player program will never have progress bar video preview

but secretly
>mfw no secondary audio streams
you can add srt subtitles though, so they're improving

>not having a working decoder in hardware

wew fuckin lad