Waterfox - the future?

Is this a new Sup Forums comfiest web browser?

>over 6,000,000 milions downloads and growing
>'best 64-bit browser on the web'
>install it from aur repository - yaourt -S waterfox-bin

We had 64 bit firefox on linux for centuries

Why is waterfox shilled so hard lately? Is it a firefox based surveilance tool or something?

nope, everyone is just meming firefox and we need a better alternative

So how is a rebranded meme browser a better alternative?

it isn't

It literally has no quantifiable improvements over Firefox whatsoever

but it makes some people feel special because it's not a popular browser and they need to feel special

I tried it on my dankpad yesterday, and it scored pretty much the same on the benchmarks I had it run.
Honestly, if only Vivaldi had a bookmark sync option i would've already jumped ship, but having those sadpanda bookmarks on all my devices really makes things better.

Waterfox was relevant before mozilla made a 64bit firefox.
What the waterfox team was just free work to develop firefox64 bit while getting few downloads, recognition or any money out of their effort.

>Waterfox was relevant before mozilla made a 64bit firefox.
that's impossible, since there had been 64bit versions of firefox years before waterfox was even started

If you want a meme browser, use pale moon. at least pale moon isn't just an rebranded firefox and is usable for (very) casual browsing

I actually have been using palemoon for a few years now and am pretty happy with it.

>waterfox
Shit lags so hard whenever I try to open a new tab. With any other browser it's instant, but for waterfox it takes a full 2 seconds instead of 1. Into the trash it goes

Why should i us waterfox, what does it have?

Firefox dev edition is better and faster

>No using Cyberfox

Bro what the fuck...

>bookmarking individual sadpandas

Why not use sadpanda's inbuilt favorites lists

>>over 6,000,000 milions downloads and growing
It's literally nothing, chrome gets that in a month
>>'best 64-bit browser on the web'
All browsers are 64 bit these days, it's not 2005 any more
>>install it from aur repository - yaourt -S waterfox-bin
No thanks, I'll double click an installer rather than typing in arcane commands just to install a meme browser that doesn't support 1080p html5 video

>yaourt

>not icecat
>not iridium

Been using it for years now. Most stable firefox fork I've used

Only for GNU/Linux and OS X. Windows didn't get 64 bit till what, 2015?

I've been using Cyber Fox for I don't know how long and it's been one of the best branches I've used. It's built differently for optimized use on AMD or Intel Processors and seems to work well with an Intel processor