What's your excuse for not having an x220/t420...

What's your excuse for not having an x220/t420? What are you doing on your laptop that requires the newest CPU and i/dpgu anyways?

I play wow with 45 fps minimum

>owned a T530
>horrible display
>made me rage every day
>too heavy and thick to be used as laptop
>essentially just a mobile workstation

>*30 series

They were already ruined at that point.

Because I use x200/t400 because I don't use proprietary cuckware.

I have a T420 user-kun

I require my machine to load youtube in less than 10 seconds, for example

Because I use a t410

got my t440p for free

But I do have an x220, OP! Plus I dd arch and wear a g-shock! Am I one of the cool Sup Forumsuys now??

>he doesnt have an SSD in his T420

are you retarded or...?

i had one and it was a piece of shit, im glad i got rid of it

the hardware is outdated, it consumes a lot of power and the GPU is also outdated

not to mention the shit display

>getting through nowadays front end bloated websites and all this fucking interactive eye candy javascript bullshit
>ssd being solution

... user I have a T420 with a laptop open right in front of me and I can assure you without a shadow of doubt, it takes ~3 seconds to open up youtube IF that long.

10 seconds is such blatant hyperbole you should just neck yourself now.

>What's your excuse for not having an x220/t420?
Owning a T430

this

chicklet keyboard > all

looking forward to owning a x260 tho

You realize that would be considered a MASSIVE negative for most Sup Forums users right?

The T430 ruined the keyboard of the previous thinkpads and anyone who actually cares about a proper keyboard layout would rather kill themselves than use a T430, unless you've modded it with the old keyboard.

>What are you doing on your laptop that requires the newest CPU and i/dpgu anyways?
power consumption and heat mostly.

I had an x220, stop spreading lies.

The display is absolute horseshit.

If there was an option to somehow upgrade the screen to 1920x1080, then I'd be happy.

I got tired of it, tossed Mint on it and gave the laptop to my mother.

T430 keyboard > T420 keyboard
I tried both and the T420 is just horrendous

lolololol just LOOK at the keyboard layout, how is removing half the top row and TOTALLY fucking up the layout "better"?

Not to mention the t420 switch is much better than the chiclet garbage with no travel.

excuse?
Intel HD 3000 is unacceptable nowadays

Mobile GPUs (especially ones in thinkpads) are meant for stuff like intensive one-off applications like data visualization in MATLAB or whatever, and they're more than adequate for that task.

I have ZERO use for a laptop.

>bought a T530
>didn't realize beforehand it was from the shitty generation from after SSDs became viable to put in laptops but before SSDs were viable as main storage devices
>only exists as a large cache drive for the HDD, can't access it directly
feels bad man

Its a waste of space.
The new layout is objectively superior.

i wageslave in eastern europe but cannot afford one

that's wrong though. there's no tactile distinction between the groups of F numbers like every keyboard that's ever existed has had, and programs that depend on the Home/Insert block being in a certain orientation for sensible keymappings are just broken.

The only computer that I have is a T60.

When it breaks I'll probably upgrade to a x220, but not until then. It doesn't show any signs of stopping any time soon.

But I do own a Thinkpad T420

My X220t was 115€.

yeah I love the fact they removed the media function keys despite the fact they left the keys that were used for that on the T420 AND still left the FN key. So you actually REMOVED media keys but kept the layout similar sized....for no reason?

Look at this picture, look at the 2ndary functions on the keys that are just removed on the T430 FOR NO REASON.

And again, changing it to a nonstandard layout where printscreen is on the bottom? Fuck off you turboshill. T420 keyboard is based as FUCK compared to the shit that came after.

im not a poorfag

i have 3 x220

>The display is absolute horseshit.
one of them has ips, it's pretty gud

>If there was an option to somehow upgrade the screen to 1920x1080, then I'd be happy.

with a little bit of tweaking you can use several displays

oldest being from the first gen xps13

>I got tired of it, tossed Mint on it and gave the laptop to my mother.

way the go using a backdoored outdated software

better off with centos/debian for maintenance free os

They are moved because sysrq was too hard to hit.

git gud fagit have you ever even had to reisub

The -60/61 series keyboard was better.

lenže ja nežijem v maminej špajzi dopiče

I didn't know the T430 did that, that's absolutely retarded

Though I will say the one weakpoint of the T420 is the screen. 1366x768 isn't enough these days.

I wish I knew how to replace it myself but I'm scared I'll fuck something up if I tried

That's more or less the same as the T420 layout.

T430 said fuck everything from the past 5 generations and lets make a new layout that makes no sense with chiclet keys because we're apple now :^)

The Home block isn't fucked up though, is the main difference.

no one has need to press sysrq on windows in at least fifteen years

Spic here, I got a T420 with docking for 190$ and a X230 for 135$. Just keep trying.

Sure, but even that's only SLIGHTLY different, at least when compared to the garbage that came after.

Page up and page down aren't part of the block that includes home end insert and delete.

Having page up and page down next to the arrow keys is objectively better, easier to press.

>Page up and page down aren't part of the block that includes home end insert and delete.
What the FUCK are you talking about? They've been in that block on every standard layout keyboard for decades.

No it's better because he said so, it has nothing to do with the fact he bought a T430 without actually looking at the keyboard and now has to defend his shitty purchase.

Shouldn't be afraid of change, learn to adapt instead of throwing a fit, literally takes a few hours to get used to it.

Even leaving out the layout change, chiclet is garbage feeling compared to the switches in the T420.

There are actual springs in the keys on the T420 that have a very good tactile feel when typing, this is especially useful for touchtypists who actually need a bit of spring back on their keys to keep typing quickly.

Chiclet is simply worse, it's a fact. SOME people prefer less travel in their keys, but generally these are people who simply don't type much, or they can't touch type anyway.

i touch type all the time and i dont have problems on the chiclets

they have just as much springiness as the old key styles, just slightly less travel

this, it's just plastic buttons there's no need to get your jimmies rustled. I will say I like the keys on the T420 but it's only a marginal difference from chicklets, the only time you notice a real difference is when you switch between the two

>Not replacing a 30 series keyboard for a 20 series keyboard

I've swapped the keyboard on my x230, gotta get that USB 3.0

It isn't a fact, the travel is the same between a T530 and a T420. The only difference mechanically is the surface area which is superior on the T530.

The keyboard hate is a meme and liquid concentrated autism.

I don't have a laptop, there's a pc for me at home and at work. Anything I need done on the go I can do on my phone.

but I have ;^)
as well as home cluster and a server, that I do my hardcore computing and data storing etc.

x220 is super comfy

>The only difference mechanically is the surface area which is superior on the T530.
surface area is not the only metric by which to judge a key's design

many people prefer the exaggerated angled scallop of the earlier design because it fit how their fingertips touch the keycap better than chiclets and was slightly easier to know when your finger is centered on a key

>got thinkpad just before widescreen was mainstream

based 800x600 t60 m-master race?

the problem with the t60 isn't the aspect ratio but the fact that the vertical resolution is so small that a lot of modern web content just doesn't fit on the screen all at once

i bought a t60 to replace my t61p when it finally died but i'm really struggling with some stuff

Yeah it's sort of annoying, then again, just browsing "modern web content" on it is a struggle sometimes because it's pretty slow. I basically just use it for semi-mobile shitposting/bedposting and listening to music.

I have an x230, that's my excuse for not having an x220.

I got both an X61 and an X220. These are beyond great. They were able to handle pretty much everything I threw at them so far. They're not gaming laptops or workstations obviously but they're the best at what they're doing so I'm fine with that.
I prefer my X61 to be honest though because of the screen, Widescreen with such a low resolution can be annoying at times.
I also have a T400 that I don't use a lot anymore. It runs extremely hot (AMD housefire GPU and old thermal paste) and I don't have the time and energy to fix it. I like my X series more anyways.

>They're not gaming laptops or workstations obviously but they're the best at what they're doing so I'm fine with that.

Wow, pretty cool netbook you got there.

X220 has similar CPU performance as modern ultrabooks.

I'm just waiting for my current laptop to shit the bed to switch to a T420. I'd get a x220 but they're more expensive.

X220 with IPS is worth it over a T420, I have both and the X220 is FAR more usable simply because the screen isn't total garbage.

>3984x2988

I concur. The x220 with IPS is the tits

yes?

I have a W520 because:
- much better screen
- better CPU and GPU

Sup Forums is dying because of fags like you. Nobody needs such a high resolution.

:^)

What's your excuse for not owning an x200/x61? What are you doing on your laptop that requires a mousepad anyway?

Because the screen is literal cancer.

Kill yourself, change the max upload size then.

I already resized it from the source.

In it's RAW format it's over 14MB.

2slow for shit like VS or Android Studio. Going from X61t to X220t was a drastic improvement except the shit resolution, aspect ratio and missing D-pad.

t. somebody who went through T23, T42, T61, R52, X60s, X61t, X220t, SL500

But I do have a T420 senpai

Because I have a X201 and can't find a decent priced X220 on my shit country.

But also,
>muh gaming
on my main laptop.

T530 reporting

I own a X200 Tablet and I'm happy with it.

It was a mobile workstation. The T5xx were all mobile workstations

Mines 1600 x 900

I don't understand this IPS meme.
I own an X220 and some Schenker Laptop with an IPS panel, and I think the X220's display is totally usable and actually quite decent when compared with other TN panels.
IPS is nice to have but absolutely not a must have.
Pic is my X220. but the image is a few months old at this point.

Just remove that cpu sticker looks ugly and outdated

Money. I'm stuck with a Thinkpad x100e. I love the thing for its size but mine won't charge batteries no matter what charger or battery I use. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Do you have the x220 with standard components?

this

Guys, X220 or the T420? Is the T420 much heavier/more powerful?

X220t is cooler

No, the W series are the workstations.

Literary takes less than 1 second, rean instant, even without cache

Do all x220s come with IPS display, or is it something I have to modify later?

personally I prefer the T420. yes it's heavier but both fit fine in a backpack. i doubt it's more powerful. the bottleneck is probably the gpu. not super good for the newest gui tricks and gaming but for ricing and actual work it's more than adequate.

Some have TN, some have IPS, it should say in the specs.

You CAN change the panel out later, but it's a pain in the ass.

Way to shitty for it's price.
A MBP 13" 2012 costs about the same and it's far better specced and much more usable.

Well, since having powerful hardware is less important than subjective shit like a pointing device and keyboard you like

I'll stick with the macbook

Poorfags

Seriously, the GPU in these is TOO shit.

>T60
>not 1600x1200 IPS
Get it together, anons.

Those people just hadn't spent enough time typing on the newer design. They are mechanically identical and you calling one chiclet just makes you sound uninformed, the are both concave, smaller isn't better period.

Take your metric scallop betty crocker bullshit and shove it up your ass you autist.

I ordered a X220 a few fucking days ago. I am excited as fuck to get it!
Has an i5, 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB HDD. Cost me $119.90

How'd I do? Planning on upgrading RAM and getting an SSD.

this, MBP is love, MBP is life