Full stack developers don't exis-

>Full stack developers don't exis-

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2F-DItXtZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd rather use ajax'd PHP, SQLite and vanilla HTML5/CSS.

Rethink, Koa, Vue, Node is the new meme stack fampai :3

No way. It's Postgres, Angular2, Node, Koa

>PANK stack

webshits get in your containment thread

FUCK YOU AND FUCK THIS MEME DIE DIE DIE FAGGOT
ASSHOLE
COCKSUCKER FUCKING STOP THIS OBNOXIOUS SHIT

go take your adhd meds

Enjoy your 19th century tech.

>using JavaScript at all on your web pages and not using the golden stack of PHP, HTML5, and CSS

You're not a gentooman, I'm afraid.

I still cannot comprehend who decided to use JS on the backend (node). Wew.

stop using this fucking meme it was bad enough on Sup Forums its plain obnoxious and unnecessary on Sup Forums

> Webshits falling for the framework mess because the vanilla solution is a mess.

kek'd

>Mongodb
Fucking kill yourself

MariaDB, c++, assembly, node

Ruby Underscore Normalize.css Thin
the RUNT stack

>php
please turn in your ID, you're no longer needed here

What can you do in Node, Go, or Python that isn't possible with PHP?

does JSON only work with noSql databases? how does it replace SQL? i are confus

You can reference variables without a dollar sign

>not liking the dollar sign

its like you dont wanna write cool, clean looking code.

NoSQL doesn't replace SQL.

how would you use mongodb and JSON instead then?

you can use JSON with SQL databases.

Not want to kys because of a fractal of bad design

reeethink is dead

What is Forth?

You don't need mongoshit for 99% of things you will make. Just use a normal database.

JSON is for turning objects into text and has many uses. You could compare it to XML.

mfw nobody on Sup Forums uses Django.

MariaDB, Django, Angular and uWSGI+Nginx here.

>not using AWS
???

so i grab the data with SQL, then convert it to JSON, then display the JSON?

Got own cloud environment for deployment.

Not have to worry about a shitty language full of backward compatible shit that is literally non-functional.

XML and JSON are not comparable. One is a markup the other is a fucking acyclic tree like data structure.

why WHY people keep on using Angular.

I know that JS is shit and a meme overall, but I just can't comprehend why would someone choose Angulshit over React or Vue.js

Please. Its more likely you don't need relational databases for a lot of web problems.

why should i grab data with php then convert it to json? to make it asynchronous?

Well for one, angular is at least foss, unlike react.

Also corporations fell for the next gen web bullshit and are not changing for at least a decade. Also stupid babby web devs that don't understand why angular is such a shitty design compared to literally anything.

Stop using react faggot. Maybe read the PATENT text file in the fucking repo.

Are you a fucking retard?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with asynchronous IO?

>web "programmer"

idk i dont see the point in JSON

Well, I stand corrected. So:

Vue.js > Angular 1.x > React

I'll be using the first, for the frontend part of my personal projects (at least)

I'm learning apache, mysql and php.

Am I retarded? It's all been around forever, and there's a lot of documentation and learning resources.

Web "programmer"

if you're working with a decent sized team angular 1 or 2 will be better because it's opinionated

Good.

Choo is pretty new but it's basically like react lite. You.might like it.

React is OK. But the literal "patents" on it make it useless because literally any lawsuit involving Facebook is likely to put the webapp leveraging it, at legal risk.

Name one thing most people use a relational database for that you would do without one.

Yes. Don't use php, you'll regret it later

whats the point in converting the data you fetch with php to JSON? Why not just display the data with php? Seems like a pointless extra step

How come?

I can live with people choosing Nodejs for their backend. Not every website/app needs to be able to handle 10,000 requests per second and Node development in general IS pretty comfy.

That being said, everyone who makes the conscious decision to use MongoDB for their project needs to die in a fucking fire. Never in my life have I seen a bigger abortion of a software project.

>telling people not to learn x language

the more you know the better, faggot

Generic object persistence. Most times you can get away with storing serialized blobs linked by basic keys or for a document nosql, some kind of indexed field.

You're way better than those faggots with their server side javascript meme.

Don't listen to him. Get really good at writing quality php and you'll be rolling in the bucks.

t. PHP dev making 142k

pls respond i dont get it lads. My school isn't teaching JSON what the fuck is the point of it

>apache
Somewhat, but it's not that bad.
>mysql
Nah, relative databases have their uses and you can transition to MariaDB fairly easily.
>php
Full retard.

The point is JSON is a standardized way of representing most basic, non cyclical data structures. Using your own special snowflake data representation will require someone who wants to leverage your service to implement his own special snow flake parser.

Unless you have the formal grammars, which I doubt you do, convert your shit to a proper object and serialize it into a fucking JSON.

>not Aurelia

node can handle more than 10k rps

it's just not great for calculating. if you have an application that uses little math but relies heavily on I/O, node is perfect.

It's useful for sending data to the browser without having to reload the page.

PHP is unmaintainable. People hire PHP devs when they want someone to unfuck the last guy's code.

RESTful API is a godsend.

Any code is unmaintainable if it is poorly written.

Blame it on the average web developer being retarded. You can write good code and bad code in any language.

all php code is poorly written by nature of it being written in php

I picked a random number that sounded high in my head, apparently I low-balled it a bit indeed.

Though, I'm sure you'll agree with me that Node will lose to basically every compiled language.

Jesus Christ what an abomination.

so it does have something to do with asynchronous then.........

do you mean you can create an API with it and let other developers use it? wouldn't they need access to the DB tho?

A good carpenter can drive in a nail with either a rock or a hammer, but how many carpenters do you see bashing stuff with rocks? Part of what makes a good developer is the ability to choose the tools that work best.

Your argument is retarded as fuck like PHP.

Not OP.
Care to elaborate ?

Autism Speaks

Good code can be written in any language. Just as bad code can be written in any language.

No it has nothing to do with asynchronous data handling you fucking moron holy shit.

Just

Prior to wiredtiger DB engine, mongodb was really really bad. Now it's just OK.

Also don't read the mongodb blog or whatever. Those people are fucking nutters.

>19th century tech.
That actually powers most of the internet, is proven on all fields of development and isn't showing signs of going away any time soon.

Everything popular and succesfull is a meme.

t. Some guy who sees PHP jobs on websites paying more than he makes

>a language is objectively bad because i don't like the look of it

Basically shitting on MongoDB is easier than learning it, so anyone who is already familiar with SQL will emphasize the cons and ignore the pros.

Relevant: m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2F-DItXtZs

Not him, but I'd like to weigh in regardless.

I recently inherited a Laravel project at work and I was amazed at how well written the entire thing was. I understood basically all the code my predecessor had written in a few hours and at the end of the first day I was familiar enough with the project to be able to continue its development.

Yeah, yeah I know anecdotal and what not, I just wanted to say there are well written PHP projects out there.

What's there to learn? It's just JSON.

>live in tech city
>searched "php" on indeed
>530 results
>searched "node" on indeed
>420 results

>tfw LAMP stack BMW owner

Mongo still suffers from random loss of data and doesen't inform you of failure, just goes on silently.

Not suited for applications where persistence is a requirement.

It just gets flak because of itss popularity and succesfullness, like everything else on Sup Forums.

Really pick the right tool for the right job, and you'll do fine. 999/1000 cases the only thing holding you back is your own choices and architecture, not the language.

Laravel is garbage, imo, but it is so opinionated that it does sort of force PHP noobs to write decent code.

Are you this naive?

What makes you think node isn't compiled?

It really shouldn't be. SQL is really shitty.

I'm waiting for the multi set query languages my self. You babby set maths SQL faggots are so last gen biz cucks.

>t.
/thread

What do you mean by that?

Most internal projects I've dealt with are "full stack"

Only customer facing shit with lots of eyes or lots of features usually have specialized teams working on certain aspects.

>this is what the average web developers thread looks like
>this is what the average web developer looks like

Fuck I can't wait till your shitty meme programming bubble bursts and we can talk about non-*aaS model programming again

>fat nerd triggered by gainfully employed men

That day will never come.

Long gone are the days of deploying/upgrading software to transient employee machines.

SaaS is literally because of how shit that is to do.

>Not making 120k with a simple LAMP+JS stack
Hahahahaha get rekt with ur shitty pajeet stack

You're an idiot. Web apps are perfect for SaaS. non-SaaS stuff is and will always be used, too. I don't even know what youre point is, honestly. You sound so stupid it's alarming.

i want t ostart webdevelpoing with lamp where do istart? im a CS student at KCL in London, i have some basis but i need to know webdevelpoment

Swap Mongo for literally any relational DB (Postgres, or mssql is actually not bad if you have a Windows environment),

My stack is

Cassandra
Ur/Web
Nginx
TempleOS

Subscription based software release is literally cancer.

>My school isn't teaching JSON
Shit tier school.

Honestly all of these NoSQL and JS frameworks/libraries/whatever are just cancerous shithouses that were thrown together to be cool, hip an fly yet are just rolling development turds with more-often-than-not over complicated 'hipster' sytnax such as 'jsx' which is just utter shite, doesn't flow well, causes your code to become convoluted.

>>non-functional

what a faggot