3D PRINTER

Was it all just a dream?
A wordup magazine if you will?

How come nobody talks about 3d printers anymore senpai?

Other urls found in this thread:

3dhubs.com/what-is-3d-printing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just used mine 3 days ago to replace my tv controller battery plate that I accidentally cracked.

Because this is all theyre good for. No one wants to spend thousands of dollars to make something they could just get on amazon/ali for a dollar

they do on diy

some DIY and tinkerers use them daily, and get plenty of value out of them.

lots of consumer ones print kinda gross PLA prints that are small and not usable in production. I know a few people who bought them for under $2500 but hardly use them, so it's sort of like an expensive decoration for their lab

minority which actually makes use of it talks about it a lot

majority which should never need single-material plastic 3d objects downloaded from internet doesn't use it and they won't ever do so. if mainstream uses something, it's always easier to produce it in china, from specialized factory handled by people who don't dream about anything more than one bag of rice per month

Participation (you)

"3D Printing General" is one of the most active threads in /diy/, you're looking in the wrong place.

because it's a meme and all but the highest end printers produce oozy irregular trinkets that look like balls.

not at all dude, the monoprice mini is under $200 dollars and with a little tinkering you can get excellent prints

They're scaling it up on industrial scale.

3d printing houses (potential for cheap/fast house print)
3d printing industrial parts

Both will be used for military/space exploration.

>printing houses (potential for cheap/fast house print)

Not as fast or cheap as mass produced lumber and generic box houses designs. The main company behind this has printed nothing more than a shed and due to the lack of removable surface for the walls makes wiring and plumbing harder to install and less repairable when something fails.

>lets take this technology that is specialized for one-off and small production runs and apply it to something we need a quantity of.

This. If Sup Forums used the internet for something other than looking up GPU benchmarks they may not need to ask this question.

Stop making this thread.

3D printers are good for people who like to make things because it allows for rapid prototyping.

>search archive
>literally no other thread with this text as OP

nice try liar

"how come nobody talks about 3d printers anymore" was a thread yesterday.

prove it my man

just like vr, it was a brief fad.

look at 3d systems stock.

3dhubs.com/what-is-3d-printing

If someone wants to learn something about additive manufacturing, read this.

Rapid deployability is USP, not the inherent functionality.

I've actually only payed 600$, for my printer

Everyone was really excited until they realised you had to spend a couple grand plus before you got reasonable quality.

My brother bought some $700 one and it couldn't even print me a Hatsune Miku figurine.

Fucking shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Are you fucking retarded?

>My brother bought some $700 one and it couldn't even print me a Hatsune Miku figurine.
Oh, but they can. He probably just didn't want to