What the fuck, you fucking idiots. Please listen to me now. You can't listen to these faggots usually...

What the fuck, you fucking idiots. Please listen to me now. You can't listen to these faggots usually, when they shill the hell out of mpv, because they lack the determination needed to make you realize the truth. But let me tell you something ***NOW***.

This is especially for people who use VLC for video playback.

PLEASE switch to mpv. Just read SOME of the documentation (hotkeys and command line options or something), you don't have to learn the whole thing. But it's so much better when you actually do that you'll feel ashamed for ever using VLC.

mpv is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1052
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got dubs, too, and I apologize for not putting "mpv" in the subject or something.

there is no difference between vlc and mpv except that vlc has more features, is more stable and _has_ an ui

i think i will post these pictures in every video player thead from now on.

10/10 bait

i like this feature
what is it called ?

>mpv

on windows whatever the k-lite complete package with player thing is called is best.

you will post this shit everytime
and i will post this:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1052
Oh look how this is the same sample as in the github issue?
oh look how they realized that only the mkv file is broken ?
oh look what a shill you are

Why make this post without even giving reasons?

Mpc-hc is better anyways.

dude, I use it to watch videos, what fucking hotkeys do I need besides maximize and pause/play?

ill use whatever i want. fuck you

>falling for the mpv meme

>using meme-player Sup Forums

not op but i often use # (switch audio track), j (switch subtitle), and v (toggle subtitles)

>oh no it doesnt play my shittily encoded obscure anime correctly

OP here. KeL. You OwNeD them, and I mean it. I hate sarcasm and I hate trolls, but you were being serious and honest. I know VLC does this. Experienced it many, many times. But only with certain formats. VLC likes to molest the playback of different files in different ways, I noticed.

>github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1052

I'll switch the mpv if you answer this question to my liking.

Can I select a bunch of video files and have them all play as a playlist type thing? For VLC I select the files > right-click > add to VLC playlist.

no, but it CAN do this

It can save you from weebshit? That's a pretty neat feature

why is mpv better

>oh no this video player can't play the videos I need
A video player that can't play videos has not reason to exist. mpc shits on mpv simply because it just works, with whatever shit video you want to open.

The only problem is MPV on windows. It stutters on full screen alll the time. Otherwise i love it on Linux

Why do you keep doing this?

Like are you trying to force a new meme, or just attempting to be funny

VLC plays all my files just fine. There is absolutely 100% no reason for me to fuck around with Mpv.

Can I download a media player that does this to any anime I'm faggoty enough to try and watch?

t. memepv shill

i don't want to have to code like a hackker to loop a video you fucking autist

>Can I select a bunch of video files and have them all play as a playlist type thing? For VLC I select the files > right-click > add to VLC playlist.
for GUI babbies:
>select files
>open
(or just open the entire dir)

stop shilling your shit player. only fucktards use a video player thats needs you to learn commands.

Hahaha, i take that back, webm related. Was just watching this. Windows Sucks in general.

The .mkv file isn't corrupt, i tried it on my linux laptop

What commands? I just installed it and it seems pretty fucking easy to use. pic related

How pathetic do you have to be to spam the same broken ass webm everytime there's a video player thread?
Do you really have nothing better? This is fucking sad.

>*2014*
>closed

hwdec?

>abandon popular, stable software that you're familiar with for Sup Forums's weeb memeplayer

That's why I switched to it. I really only need to know that 'j' triggers subtitles and 'z' and 'x' manipulate the subs delay in case they aren't precise. The windows build even has a good and mininal UI.

Pic related, MPV wastes less resources. And hotkeys waste less time than navigating endless menus and settings.

VLC is popular like internet explorer is. People don't know better and VLC has been featured in magazines and various software discs. Basically even your mom knows VLC, but not MPC-HC or MPV...

mpv is good if you are so poor that all your video content is 240/480p and needs upscaling but if you have native/hd resolution content then even the default windows Film & Tv app beats it out of the water in terms of performance.

>mpv

1% saved.
OMG IM GETTING THIS RIGHT NOW

Ew Lost

hotkeys and docs for a VIDEO PLAYER?

lol wat. I press play. One button.

for your sake i hope this is a troll thread

What's wrong with MPC-HC?

protip: 1080p content still requires upscaling on a 1080p display

>wat
100% of consumer media use YUV420 pixel format, this means only luma is full resolution, chroma is quarter resolution, so it needs to be upscaled to match the luma resolution

it is boring but i find anime just as boring.

>using a hardware decoder consumes less CPU than a software decoder: the post

I don't know autistic boy. As long as vlc plays video it's fine for me.

there's nothing wrong with it I have been using it for years without problems, they just use barely working crap to look "cooler"

botnet

This is called conversion to RGB, not upscaling.

i pity the fool that spent time writing that

my computer can't run .exe

>1%
Illiterate

conversion to RGB is a separate process

It's what is done to 1080p video to display it on a monitor.
Conversion to RGB -> yes
Upscaling -> no

on an RGB monitor, yes, some displays can take YUV data directly, negating the need to convert to RGB on the computer (may internally convert to RGB, but that's out of this scope)
but upscaling is always needed, unless it's YUV444 (luma and chroma are equal resolution)
even a simple 2x point scaler will do the job, though it's low quality

Sorry i don't have shit hardware my Chinese cartoons play really well in mpc and have a TV for 3DPD

If your imaginary monitor accepts YUV420, there's no conversion and no upscaling.
If your imaginary monitor accepts YUV444, there is no conversion and no upscaling.
If your monitor accepts RGB, there is conversion and no upscaling.

>If your imaginary monitor accepts YUV444, there is conversion and no upscaling*
fixed!

why would I use memeplayer when I can use potplayer with madvr?

Even i tell people to use the CLi while i'm actually enjoying a GUI myself.

your computer is not turing complete?

There is always upscaling, you illiterate faggot

>may internally convert to RGB
>may

>enjoying SMPlayer
jesus christ

might as well use VLC

conversion between 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 requires scaling

It's called conversion to another color space.

i don't know what monitors do, so "may" as in i'm not sure, not "some do, some don't"

SMPlayer is based on mpv, you retard

it's called "my computer doesn't run shit like .exe files"

(You)

yuv420 to yuv444 isn't upscaling you think?
you can convert to rgb only from yuv444

there is only enough chroma samples in a yuv420 stream to cover a quarter the samples of luma
no matter what you do, you need to upsample chroma so you have an equal number of samples of both luma and chroma, before you can convert each sample to another color space

What kind of crap are you watching?

No, it's based on MPlayer (duh)

somebody hacked mpv “““support””” into it for shits and giggles, which is really unfortunate because all the braindead horseshit options SMPlayer sets generates lots of dumb bug requests from unsuspecting users wondering why stuff isn't working as it should (and the answer is always beacuse SMPlayer set some dumb option)

>his player doesn't have options

>Not a 4k video

>5 Mbps
>4:4:4
Nice, wasting bits on chroma at such a low bitrate. I'm sure that's working out well

that's a YUV444 stream, as mentioned previously, there is no consumer media available above yuv420
that's either something that has been upsampled to 444 and transcoded, or it's a non-consumer source, such as a screencap

I have no idea what you're trying to say but maybe you should reread my post and the few posts before it for context

>he doesn't know video bitrates
Kinda sad, tbqh

Yeah? Why not just use Windows Zune Player?

yes, sad

>he doesn't have autism
ftfy

has literally never happened to me or anyone i know.
why are mpv fags so desperate to discredit vlc?

Plot twist: It's actually better than VLC.

post screenshot

How is mpv better than smplayer 2?

Why do you want me so bad to use VLC? Why does it bother you?
I watch videos occasionally with it, it does its job, never had any problems.

>b-but the ugly GUI
Pal, I only look at it for like 5 seconds before I open the file and hit 'F' to go fullscreen.

I don't know mpv, sure it may be a great player, but why do you all make these threads?

Oh I've got it, it's the fundamental Sup Forums thought:
>everyone should use what I use because what I use is the best

I'm okay with the /mpv config or whatever general/ threads, I just simply can't comprehend why do you make a witch hunt about the media player choice of people.

How is that 56 kbps?

>I'm okay with the /mpv config or whatever general/ threads, I just simply can't comprehend why do you make a witch hunt about the media player choice of people.
it's nu-Sup Forums aka Sup Forums kiddies who can't spend 5 minutes without participating in some console war shit flinging competition about “us vs them” bullshit

Is MVP available for linux?

You gotta be squidding me

frame B:6249 Avg QP:17.75 size: 143