How many of us computer nerds wear glasses?

How many of us computer nerds wear glasses?

Other urls found in this thread:

zennioptical.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd love to wear nerdy glasses but instead of looking nerdy these days you just look like a hipster. Why do they have to ruin everything.

wear glasses cause words start shifting when I'm looking at my 1440p 144Hz monitor

contact lenses are /comfy/

fuck glasses

-4.5 here

Never found any that were comfy :(

I got lasik so I could stop wearing glasses and of course fashion phaggots had to make them trendy seriously trendy dipshits should swing from the rafters

This desu

I just got contact lenses and I like them way more than my glasses

i do but not the kind crazy libs wear

-2.5 here, I have a pair of glasses but have been wearing contacts for 10 years and don't see myself ever switching. 30-day contacts are godly.

sorry, I tried to pick the ones that look least hipster. They took are our think rimmed black glasses. :-\

my right eye is far sighted, i can see the pc screen ok, altho it feels much better when i wear my glasses, don't get tired so much, much less eye strain

My eyes are really poor and one of my eyes is slightly larger than the others. Contacts end up being expensive as fuck for me because of this.

D - 4.75
D - 5.00

-1.75 here

Sucks have shitty eyesite

This is me

I have to weekly apparently.

nearsighted*

>tfw too poor to afford Ortho-K
Who /underrim/ just like in my Chinese cartoons here?

I got my first pair of glasses today, actually.

>Tfw got free surgery.

Didn't know I was losing that much peripheral vision.

How. :(

I do, not because i want to

Who here is smart and buys their shit online for super cheap?

ZenniOptical has all the choices I could ever want, and I can tint any lens and turn them into sunglasses, or those yellow tinted HD high contrast glasses.

Fuck contacts. Dry my eyes up and then gotta remember to take em off even when im dead tired.

Glasses are easy and fashionable.

As a minority I look like a criminal without glasses and with them I look more presentable, so I wear them for the appearance in that sense.

Military did it for free

I have 20/10 vision and wear non-prescription glasses for aesthetics

what do you mean by losing peripheral vision?

I do
6.5 here
as good as blind without them

-10.0 + correction for astigmatism

cost me like 900€, but i can see clearer than in like 10 years

bought a new one. After six years the old one was only the half of strength i needed. Heavy contact lens user

Contacts suck. If I go out drinking I either forget I'm wearing them and fall asleep with them in or I blind myself trying to get them out at 2:00 in the morning stumbling around.

With glasses, you just take them off. Simple!

kill self

Fact: If you wear glasses you are genetically inferior and should be removed from the gene pool.

Here's a fun fact. Theres a theory out there that claims autism/assburgers is directly related with poor untreated eyesight as a child. Not being to see faces clearly as you develop your brain caused you to not be able to instinctively read facial/social cues.

I do, -5.5 here.

I've been looking into getting a new pair since mine are almost 4 year old right now. But I can't decide what kind of frame I want. I could just get some fairly standard black/dark frames like I've worn for the past 13 years again, or maybe try out rimless glasses. I'm also not sure if I should get one of those blue light filtering coatings. They claim it helps when you stare at screens all day, which I do, but it also tints it slightly brown.

I'm also debating just ordering them online. The optician in my city asks for like 450 euro a pair, which seems like rip-off.

Roast my ass
Wearing the middle glasses in OP's photo

>tfw no one wants to roast your ass

You should lose some weight tubby

Loose some weight, get a haircut, have a shave, buy frames that are rectangular not round or oval to complement your face. Wash your face.

They don't fit your face at all 2bh, it's making your nose look much larger than it actually is.

You should go for sharper square/rectangle ones with a lower bridge. Make sure your eyebrows are either totally above the frame or totally under. Never aligned with the frame.

t. sell glasses for a living

Not him, but I need some opinions here. I've got a fairly similar face, oval but slightly thinner than the guy in the pic.

Are rimless glasses a good idea? I'm also looking for some sunglasses and I really like the look of aviators, but I'm not sure they'd look good on me.

>tfw 20:17 vision
bad genes GET OUT

If you're 50 then rimless is ok, if not steer clear. If you've got an oval face that's thinner a lot of frames should be ok just avoid narrow frames.

>men wearing glasses

A shame, they had these rimless glasses with thin titanium or whatever metal legs that I kinda liked the look of. Guess I'll just get me some rectangular frames like I always do.

Now I'm just wondering if that blue light coating is just a big meme or not.

-8 here contacts are great, even with the thinner lenses that cost double, they still stick out pretty far from my glasses.

Rimless are the FUCKING WORST. Aviators won't look good on you either, if you have a fairly similar face. As the other user said, get a pair that's slightly flatter on the top, but not completely rectangular, because that also looks cheap and terrible. Lastly, don't get glasses that are too big, this is a common mistake. The frame should not "stick out" but rather go smoothly with the silhouette of your beautiful face. Use pic related as reference.

OwO
heheh
rawr XD
*glomps you*

Guilty, been wearing glasses for over 20 years, and I'm sick of it.
Tonight I'm going to a presentation (by doctors) about ICL lenses, I hope it can work for me. Got around -10 on both eyes.

Lose weight chubby boy. You are fat. You are so so fat! But then again, I am a bit overweight myself. At least try running or something. I'll be honest though, i dont think I am losing weight the right way.

>I look like a criminal without glasses

/feel

I don't know my rx, but one eye is slightly nearsighted so I wear them driving and to the movies

Didn't know people disliked rimless glasses that much, guess I'll steer clear of them.

I'm wearing a fairly similar pair right now, only in dark green metal and with little feet for the nose. I think the size is right though. The edge of the rim is about the same as the edge of my cheekbones.

I wear them, but i have to take them off when im on my computer. It's weird, words look out of focus and blurry.

The two pairs I currently wear.

my regular glasses, and the yellow tinted I wear at work to relief eyestrain in the over lit office environment. They also help on the drive home as its dark, and they actually help in night driving.

>wearing nu male glasses

I have a hipster face. I cant wear metal frames.

Just wear one of those rimless glasses.

I do and I hate it, i look like chad without glasses but a complete buffoon with them

only if you're a qt

I've worn glasses since ~8-9 years old. I got contacts a while back and hated them, and went back to glasses, but around six months ago I lost my Ray Bans at a concert and wore my backup contacts for like five months. I fucking hated it. Having to put them in and have them burn my eyes every morning, having to get up to take them out when I'm dead tired at night, constant random blurriness.

I recently got another pair of glasses, and I couldn't be happier.

That's interesting, because I don't think I started wearing glasses until I was ~8 or 9 years old, and had a brief Asperger's diagnosis that was eventually considered a misdiagnosis, and re-diagnosed as ADD/Inattentive. Do you have any sources?

This is why I still wear glasses.

No chad looks like a complete buffoon with glasses unless his retarded girlfriend picked them out.

I wear these, like $30 at Walmart

((((they)))) want me to pay $500 for basic glasses just because i have astigmatism

zennioptical.com/

yep,spec wearing britfag nerdist here!