If you did go back in time completely at random

If you did go back in time completely at random..

The year would be 850 A.D.

What would you do, will you
>reinvent
some tech you use daily?

I for one would start my way in making a electric generator and a light source.

>Also, why haven't you joined Sup Forums's unofficial discord? discord.gg/2DPNp3H

Other urls found in this thread:

topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QW-CHEATSHEET&Category_Code=QW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because I hate you idiots. it's bad enough having to put up with you on the board, but in a secret club emoji spam chatroom? LOL no ty

I would make batteries and a light source too.

Sandwiches.

I fucking love sandwiches, and so will they.

What would you charge your batteries with?

ok.

I'd invent a time machine and go back in time to the year of 850 A.D. to explain to myself how to build a time machine.

What do i have access to? Just intellect?

Probably just intellect.

your own knowledge and edc

I'd make simple vinegar or salt batteries.

how would you evacuate the bulb?
wire drawing wasn't common until at least the 10th century
glass technology was no way near sophisticated enough to produce a bulb.
have fun finding sufficient quantities of magnetite and raising the funds necessary to have skilled craftsmen make everything for you

Invent logarithms and logarithm tables.

>inb4 Sup Forums doesn't know what a logarithm is.

>Sup Forums
>discord
>gaming social media platform
Are you sure you didn't mean Sup Forums and /Microsoft/?

>Discord
>"Skype/IRC/Slack/HipChat/WhatsApp/etc replacement"
>Can't even fucking CTRL+F

eat my ass, ashy nigga

I will.

just sharing the word, nobody is forced to join...

Rarely talk about Sup Forums shit on there.

You can now, but the search bar only appears on certain servers for me. I thought you had to activate it in the server options but I didn't find it. Maybe there's a minimum of users or something you need to have for the search function to be available.

They're rolling out search gradually because it'd be too resource-intensive to do all at once. This also means they can pause the rollout if they notice glaring issues, which they probably did.

bicyle and blast furnace

damn, a bicycle would be praised if you tell them locals that the gods gave you the knowledge. to build this contraption.

Fork and cross in the potato to invent electricity

Enjoy being burned at the stake for sorcery.

>"B.. but it's science!"

Coking and the steam engine.

I'd teach people that gender is a social construct.

Just tell that the god has given you knowledge to build machines that will drive out saracens

I'd discover penicyline
Then annouce it as god's gift to humanity and order people to wash more often

>850 AD
>Crusades

>wake up in 850 AD
>local people staring at me because of clothes
>can't speak their language
>wander around for a bit
>get killed for infidelity/witchcraft/looking weird/no reason

Better learn pig latin a bit if this is going to happen.

Bitcoin

fucking kek man

an obvious cisgender white male awnser.

>join discord
>"rushing B" as loading screen
>immediately tab

If I'm lucky, I would die from 850-era diseases

If I'm unlucky, the rest of the world would die from 2017-era diseases

nani?

I would find the most prodigous mathematicians of the age and explain to them everything I learned at university

My main career (CS) would be completely useless

I sometimes think about this and to be honest it would be really hard to come up with something like electricity. Where do you find magnets for a generator?
The only relatively simple thing with a lot of impact would be the steam engine.

The church would find you

I'd just invent toilet paper

There's no potable water to wash more often.

>The church would find you
Who said I had to end up in europe?

Also, I would basically be unable to communicate with anybody anyway, so I'd have to resort to sign language and diagrams

I'd probably start with the pythagorean triangle to demonstrate what I'm trying to do (i.e. draw a right-angled triangle and make 3, 4 and 5 markings on the appropriate sides)

In 850 AD I think the place to be would be in Cordoba, Spain.
There you can pass as a Christian without riking the stake, and moors used to value usefulness over religious orthodoxy.

850 was the middle of the chinese golden age of scientific advancement, bringing with it developments such as printing, air conditioning, mechanical clocks, medicine, and more.

In terms of mathematics, they know about linear algebra, polynomial equations, infinite series approximations of pi, square roots, cramer's rule, trigonometry, logarithms, spherical geometry, continued fractions etc.

if you are vaccinated absolutely nothing will happen

>Where do you find magnets for a generator?
magnets are a thing since chinese made compass
also you can make magnets out of iron heating and cooling it rapidly

magic of science

t. chinese board of "independent" news and history

actually easy way of making paper and printing press are piss easy to invent
then there is mass soap production, obviously gunpowder uses 400 years earlier,steel kind of easy, bronze guns is very easy - just cast it

there is - its called bucket

Better question is where will you find iron in 850 AD.

WITCHCRAFT!

>850 AD
>I'm not of blue blood and in Europe they are busy removing kebab
>Smart people miss Charlemagne and have a boner with reviving Roman Empire

I can live out of some weapon crafting. I just have to settle next to a stream and automate things a bit. With some gear magic I can save myself the work of hammering the swords while I devote myself to research other things.

everywhere? it's not BC when it was pretty hard to find, also basic geology knowledge
smelting is not that hard if you know the basics

did you know that some maya pyramids have mercury ponds under them? to extract that much mercury takes a lot of heat and some contraption to collect it

just cast bronze canon why bother with swords?
bronze because iron guns would take difficult to make tools of hard steel to produce
that's unless you want your iron canons to blow up time to time

I never have made gunpowder.

coal %10+sulfur %15+ %75potassium nitrate
plenty of videos in youtube how to make all of them
sulfur well known chemical throughout the ages
coal - just make it
nitrate - dig out toilet/stables lowest layer and boil it

most revolutionary invention of last thousand years can be made by a child only in 18c. things get complicated, sad really

t. a quick google search on mathematics in the tang dynasty

> Discord

american detected

Actually, if I went back in time completely at random, chances are I'd go to the year 10^10 B.C and die instantly.

Gun

Gun

No. Probably not.

Why would you do that even, ruining the awesome dark ages for frivolities.

Instead I'd probably charm my way into some inner circles and enjoy being rich for once in my life.

>I would use this shirt thread
topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QW-CHEATSHEET&Category_Code=QW

This.

But there still are many awesome things one can do in that time, from scratch. Like pulling wires.

By light source, why do you instantly think i'd make a lightbulb?

You've doomed us all

>wire drawing wasn't common until at least the 10th century
debatable, some archeological finds have it 4c BC

a solar powered e-reader with a copy of wikipedia and an assortment of microsd with a few terabytes of books on all fields

no, how would you use your knowledge to secure followers that would labour for you in raising the most fast advancing empire in the human history?

>plenty of videos in youtube how to make all of them
Right, because I'll have youtube in 850

Chances are you would be billions of miles away from the earth because [spoiler]the earth is moving at millions of miles per hour[/spoiler]

Unless you've given me a bunch of books I ain't inventin' shit

but you'd already have the time machine while you were there wouldn't you? Unless you mean your 850 A.D self which wouldn't even exist.

Lead! Fucken LEAD! How does no one think of LEAD! They literally used lead as a sweetener back then.

I'd get magnets and electricity going and simple machines as my best understanding of math.

>discord
Propretary shitware

It's just an exponential equation written in a fucked up way

t. doesn't understand logarithms

Finally someone with some sense.

id shill hitler as the upcoming prophet

Alas technology is incremental but science is revolutionary. Probably just spend my entire life proving and teaching basic scientific principles and calculus (their algebra/geo/trig is already good).

Also instilling that math be applied to science.

Invent the heligraph and morse code.
Revolutionize telecommunication using existing materials and simple technology.

>If you did go back in time completely at random..
>The year would be 850 A.D.

well which is it OP?

I think I could invent a sewing machine.
Also I have invaluable agricultural knowledge for somebody living in 850AD, I would introduce the concept of rotating crops with nitrogen fixing legumes

that is why bicycle is the safest bet

kek
good luck finding legumes in 850ad

I would probably try and do the same as you did there. First I would just ''reinvent some obvious stuf f like
>Canned Food
>Batteries
>I dont know if this is possible, but with some help I could setup some kind of turbine to gain power. Dont know how to create a dynamo though.

If this really happened id first worry about getting a reliable source of food, water and a place to live.
Dogemaister, by the way do you know some fun boards I should check out, Im pretty new to Sup Forums.

Good luck communicating with literally anybody considering how much languages change over time.

Also you're going to get violently ill and die once exposed to any human community and the pathogens that we don't get vaccinated against because they aren't a concern in modern times.

>If you did go back in time completely at random..

Not to mention potentially wiping them out with antibiotics-hardened 2017 era superbacteria.

The Church would burn you alive for heresy

You'll be burned as a witch, kid.

Would teach climate change before it becomes a problem and try to encourage the skip straight to electric, avoiding oil in general.

The industrial age would look completely different and I'd be curious to see how it is replaced

I would "invent" Scientology and wage war against Christianity

oh then I'd work on creating sustainable farming and livestock and then metal casting and forging - well feed people that are well armed - that would be pretty good in 850AD

>try to encourage the skip straight to electric, avoiding oil in general.

where the fuck do you think the energy for electric power would come from?

compared to magic burning rocks and black goo from the ground, your barely functioning 0.5% efficient solar cells or whatever would get completely ignored.

Coal would actually be better for the environment, as well as industry, than charcoal was. Europe was heavily deforested during the middle ages, to produce the charcoal which they relied on. It worked until everyone began to realize that it was a very finite resource. By then coal was being mined, and unlike charcoal, it lead to a huge leap in manufacturing capability, because it was more plentiful, and much more efficient. It allowed the mass production of superior grades of steel.

bitch please, take your google away and you wouldn't know how to wipe your own ass... you wouldn't have any advantage whatsoever

not until Abraham Darby, bitch

Make an incredibly complex puzzle involving multiple series of books, codexes, etc. that lead to a treasure chest and a key.

Have the treasure chest contain a note that reads:

"gg no re"

Fuck developing electronics, I'd make the first steam powered vibrator to cure hysteria.
I'd be a God among women for creating the Sybian.

I would teach them about feminine penises.

I would set to work completely and utterly dismantling all concepts of and arguments for the existence of a deity, preventing thousands of wars and saving countless lives in the process.

Plus, with the trillions spent each year maintaining armed forces and funding wars put towards the betterment of our species, we would be at least a few hundred years ahead of our current tech.

B4 you cry, try to give me one piece of hard evidence that your deity exists. "muh holy book" is not valid evidence.

You're delusional if you think you can command/lead anything. Best thing you can hope for is being the emrah's right hand.

You'd be hanged, drawn and quartered, then quartered again just to be sure you're dead before you get two pennies to your name, much less enough followers to achieve anything besides having pals in your mass grave after your execution by the church.

>850 A.D.

I am pretty sure, most of us would get killed fast.