So which side of the war are you on, Sup Forums?

So which side of the war are you on, Sup Forums?

Don't tell me you are too babby to stay out of the arena.

nano

notepad++

default text editor unless it has problems editing large files

emacs is a great operating system but I just want a good text editor so I use vim

I want to port vim and some of it's plugins to Qt

>acme pole
Modern acme when?

>not both
why?

My preference of each pairing in the photo:

>intellij
>eclipse
>xcode
>sublime
>vim

why is acme brought up so often in these editor war memes?

isn't it Plan9 only? Who uses that except for people who installed it for fucking around with it for a week and Rob Pike himself?

The last time I used Vim, they wanted me to feed orphans in Africa or some shit. I use mousepad or any other generic text editor with colored output for various programming languages.

Back to r3ddit or into the gas chamber you go.

On the front where UltraEdit fondles jEdit, Micro and NotepadQQ and aims with a minigun at the scene to slaughter those cretins.

/bread

YOU GAN'D BREAD YOUR OWN BREADS :-DDDDDDD

Bud goob Sire, that is sumthing newfaps would claym to predend to be oldfaps :D

> making Africa a more bearable shithole so nigs stay there and stop flooding into Europe is a bad thing
How's your first day out of Sup Forums ?

EBIN XDDDDDD

>babby
baby

>▶
> ▶
>▶
Good thing they stopped producing that comic before they stepped the bounds from borderline cringeworthy to absolutely comfirmed cringeworthy.

Is this the new xkcd?

Vim >>>>> Emacs

This is my emacs. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My emacs is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my emacs is useless. Without my emacs, I am useless. I must program my emacs true. I must write lisp straighter than my enemy who is trying to use vimL. I must M-x replace him before he :%s/ me. I will...

My emacs and I know that what counts in war is not the lines of code, the number of commits, nor the amount of contributors. We know that it is the ideas that count. We will think...

My emacs is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its extensions, its logic and its REPL. I will keep my emacs clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before Stallman, I swear this creed. My emacs and I are the defenders of free software. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is GNU's and there is no enemy, but peace!

>got some extra RAM to spare?
Atom is shit for performance who drew this garbage?

ganooooooo emacs

spacemacs

Vim is great, but spacemacs is greater.

New kicks Onitsuka Tiger Asics
Mawari de taima sutteru kyūjitsu heijitsu
Yogore makuri emacs BOOOYYYZ
Kireigoto to emacs BOOOYYYZ
Kata o hataku hokori takai emacs BOOOYYYZ

>"war"
It's not a war you dumb fuck, it's a bunch of autists arguing over stupid shit on the internet. I hope you get your legs blown off by an IED you cunt.

>intellij
>Eclipse
>Xcode
>Atom
>Emacs

Ugandans user

Tell me more. How autistic is the keybinding? And how does it compare with vim+youcompleteme+autoclose+omnicompletion?

acme has linux and windows port. You can use it with the inferno distribution too.

>Who uses that
I use sam, but i used acme quite a bit

MS Notepad

vi/vim
Usually just vi but I'm starting to see it's a bit too limited. VimL however... NOPE. Maybe NeoVim, I have to check it out.
Also, what are all those editors in the grades? I've never seen any of those, I can only guess atom for the logo

>Do I fit in, guyz?

Vim with no plugins for actual programming. Sublime text for web dev / general text editing.

This nano is for people looking to keep their sanity

>vim
>press "i"
>vim is now nano
>:wq to save instead of Cntrl X
Vim>Nano

emacs seems more amenable to modern styles and modern users, and it's inarguably more capable, and I personally like held-down key commands over sequential key commands, but they're both so disconnected with the standards of today it's pretty laughable
I use Notepad++ because it's free, it's relatively simple, it's pretty fast, and it does what I need it to do. I learned editing with Windows's standard shortcuts and editing conventions, and now I've learned a lot of the ones for NPP, and I see no reason to uproot and learn new ones.

I use Notepad++ and Atom.

I use micro and atom.
but if i had to choose between vi(m) and emacs i would go with vim