Javascript hate thread?

javascript hate thread?
javascript hate thread.

>hey this could easily been implemented in HTML 4.01 STRICT, but fuck that, lets put botnets inside botnets and use all kinds of fancy node.js and npm shit, it's so HOT and it makes me feel so GOOD
- every web """developer""" these days

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/10-things-i-learned-making-the-fastest-site-in-the-world-18a0e1cdf4a7
hackernoon.com/how-i-converted-my-react-app-to-vanillajs-and-whether-or-not-it-was-a-terrible-idea-4b14b1b2faff
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey, there's a package for that

im getting into web development now after a failed game dev atempt. whats the hate on JS and JS frameworks about ?

I love how the build process for JS is more convoluted than Java's.
And JS isn't even compiled.

Why the fuck is this shit allowed.

I hate modern front end
all the bloat, interactive everything, unnecessary shit that makes everything slower while also looking retarded but according to devs better
I fucking love seeing how ublock origin icon shows >1k blocked shit on some websites

abstractions on abstractions on bad code built to abstract and abstraction

>npm
>bower
>composer
>pip
>gem

they're all the same concept just library package managers for different languages. Are you for or against it Sup Forums?

it's overused and misused

take ebay for example. it could be nice to use javascript to notify the user when a new bid arrives at an open auction or for search suggestions as you type. if the user had javascript disabled, he would have to refresh to page or manage without search suggestions. no big deal.

instead, they are using javascript fucking everywhere. want to change the sort order? a fucking fancy javascript dialogue show up. want to disable javascript. sry, site doesn't work

also, the code is so bad and inefficient that the fan on my thinkpad x61 goes crazy

The trick is, just don't use any of them. I use CSS as much as I can, wherever I can, and rarely use JS for purely graphical stuff unless absolutely necessary. If you don't use any frameworks or utilities or other 3rd party libraries, you don't even need Webpack to bundle your libraries, or Bower to keep them updated

I've only used a framework (Angular) for one project, and even that was mostly unnecessary.

Y'all niggas just jelly because you ain't paid like the web devs that actually handle this stuff.

Web devs are everywhere, and aren't payed a lot, usually.

the bloat is real

so the problem with javascript is freetards and other tinfoil wearing undesirables?

...and pajeets who hate to learn?

You're hating websites, not JavaScript. Most of its problems come from the fact that it's dynamically typed. Lack of namespaces is also a problem.

not even bootstrap ?

ive never seen an issue with type bugs in js that wasnt caused by shit programmers

you literally need a framework/linter/compiler to spoonfeed you the exact line on which you tried to add hamburger and 6 multiplied by potato equals @$##@!$254453536

That's massive bloat. SASS or LESS at least provide useful syntax extensions.
No matter how you turn it around "good" programming techniques boil down to "pretend that JS is not dynamically typed".

I used it once, and I realized I don't need 90% of the shit in there. I wrote my own versions of some of the features that I like, in plain CSS, and I include them/modify them in projects when I need to.

Also, I'm not entirely opposed to languages that compile to CSS, provided they're precompiled and not compiled on the clientside. Personally I've just never say down and learned one. Also, I'm fine with things like Grunt or Gulp to do the precompiling or minifying or whatever, since they're also on the server, and don't really affect the client.

JS is good, and this is coming from someone who wrote a websocket server in C because Go was too slow, v8 is very fast and the language is intuitive, the bad thing is it allows shitty untalented and lazy people to use it, who produce bloated code

autism.

don't listen to them.

javascript is your only option on the frontend, and nodejs is top tier for backend.

thinkpad & arch linux using autists can eat a fat dick

I use arch & thinkpad and I like JS and Node tho, why are u such an asshole ;_;

Cry more baby

Server side templating is a waste. So run that JavaScript fatty and go cry in a corner.

people don't dislike js but dislike js developers since they don't ever care about being efficient with the processing power

As someone who cares about performance, I found these a pretty good read:

hackernoon.com/10-things-i-learned-making-the-fastest-site-in-the-world-18a0e1cdf4a7

hackernoon.com/how-i-converted-my-react-app-to-vanillajs-and-whether-or-not-it-was-a-terrible-idea-4b14b1b2faff

Not even one good reason in this thread why JavaScript is bad, all you talk is about bad programmers

but nodejs is great for hacking. you have a module for everything and getting one is as simple as npm. compare that to other languages like java where you need an IDE to do the the yet most basic thing.

Don't use react

Ebay doesn't care about some neckbeard using a x61. You are too poor to buy anything from there.

I agree that client-side Javascript has become way more bloated than most sites should have ever reached, but Node is legitimately good for small to mid-sized projects and offers tons of useful packages that speed up development time and handling minutiae.

>been old ass web dev
>Can do everything with js/jQuery
>Younger hipsters wanna use all the modern shit
>Delivered my project in record time way before date
>Hipster had to restart a few times because framework upgrades and no back compatibility
>Fast forward 2 months
>His project still no working
>B-but it has angulol and react
>One monrh later, part of the project is finally up
>Slow as hell, buggy as fuck
>So tired of this shit
>Look for a new job
>Every position is about angulol
Fuck this gay shit

No, the Problem is graceful degradation.
Except for "Rich Web Applications”, web sites shouldn't need JavaScript for basic purposes.

Get fucked jQuery faggot

typical jquery shitter

b-but i made it f-fast!

Lol pathetic js niggers

i use vanilla you stupid jquery faggot

it isnt 2005 anymore

jquery is obsolete since the introduction of document.querySelectorAll. And I SERIOUSLY hope you're not doing animations with jquery.

>animations with jquery.
Why not what else should be used?

CSS

Oh boy you got it coming, fucker. I'll wreck your shit for ruining the web with your stuttering bullshit.

Disgusting PHP/jQuery deathrattle cope thread

Enjoy being irrelevant because you're too incompetent to get past the buildstep

See

just getting into javascript development, I don't understand the hate desu

>tfw only an assosiates degree in CS
>tfw need to be hirable by june/july
>tfw has a decent foundation in html/css/javascript + jQuery and bootstrap for quick responsive builds
>tfw need to build shit and contribute to shit for my portfolio
>tfw have no damn clue what to build and how to contribute to OSS

I'm not gonna make it.

I enjoy javascript quite a bit. My only beef is the amount of fucking js frameworks out there you have to learn.

Same. Just waiting for the Angular meme to die.

>Server side templating is a waste
literally why?

you don't have to learn most of them. Just pick a stack and git gud with it. The SJW's have poisoned the minds of young people wanting to get into dev. It doesn't matter what you choose just get good with it and build stuff. Also, you aren't cooler for using one framework instead of another. If you think you're gonna try and be some hot shot and put stickers all over your laptop, get thick framed glasses, color your hair, and post anti-Trump tweets, please just go work in fast food. We already have enough of you in the industry.

>whats the hate on JS and JS frameworks
Overused. It has its place but when an entire site doesn't load because I disabled javascript there's a problem. It's getting to the point where devs are using javascript to handle clicking links.

Old frameworks were based on macro features. New frameworks are focused on micro features.

It's the same as everything. Everything is getting more fractured and distributed.

I am not a fan of JS as much as the next guy, but that's the future.

>A jQuery shitter looking down on anyone
You're just as pathetic

>be an intern
>supervisor tells me to make a page in Javascript
>finish it in 2 weeks
>supervisor tells me to try to recreate it in Angular how much time that could save
>give up after 2 weeks

There are a lot of problems with web design, but Angular didn't actually fix any of them. it just added more of them. Who uses this garbage?

nothing wrong with this. if you think this is a bug or quirk with JS you should put down the keyboard

>these people complaining about frameworks
try making a web app without one. again, a case of "i see people using this thing and I dont therefore its a meme :^)"

enjoy NOT being part of the fastest growing, most active, and most innovative community of developers ever

>t. JS developer who makes 125k a year :^)
stay mad, im sure a C job will open up soon! just hope pajeet doesn't get it first :v)