Systemd is Malware

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/linux-systemd-flaw-gives-attackers-root-access/
>Use systemd, goy! It's (((secure))) and everyone uses it, you virgin!
When will Redhat shills just fucking die?

Other urls found in this thread:

0pointer.de/imprint
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/linux-systemd-flaw-gives-attackers-root-access/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still maintain Redhat bribed a lot of distro maintainer to switch to systemd.

This is another example why bigger is not always better. The smaller the program the less of an attack surface it has.

Poettering must get raped and killed by rapefugees.

As i know he lives in the US. Privilege escalation happened with many parts of the system, so i don't really care.

0pointer.de/imprint
The wonderful EU requires an imprint even for personal non-profit blogs. Because obviously there is no crazy people on EU.

Look, faggot. It's laughable where g toddlers take systemd to. From a programmers point of view your logic is laughable.

Furthermore the article says "Systemd bug is easy to exploit, but only locally". Local exploits are not an extra ordinary thing. Linux, xorg, dbus - ALL themselves are the biggest attack surfaces too.

>Europeans will defend this
Land of the free doesn't have this problem

I mean, at the very least, swatting and stalking happen in EU. The imprint thing just makes thing easier. You basically cannot attract too much attention to yourself. For example, you cannot write blog articles that criticize Muslims. Crazy Muslims will know your address. If you didn't put your address, you'll receive a letter from POS lawyers, with fines. The whole thing is retarded.

And people wonder why I use OpenRC

>Land of the """"""free""""""

>land of """((free))"""

No one gives a shit about what init system you use, autist. Get real

>EU is one country
Just because Germany requires something doesn't mean every EU member does it too.

>Being forced to post an imprint leading to easy doxx or getting killed
>B-b-b-but we're more f-f-free than those f-fat americans!

>you'll receive a letter from POS lawyers
How do they manage that if you don't put your address on your website=

>bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/linux-systemd-flaw-gives-attackers-root-access/

wow it's literally nothing.

While exploitation complexity is low, the only good news is that the bug can't be exploited via a local network or the Internet, needing an attacker to have already a foothold on the machine he wants to take over.

>needing an attacker to have already a foothold on the machine he wants to take over.
In that case you're fucked anyways.

It's supposed to be an EU thing, but for some reason only enforced in German-speaking countries.

Because privacy is an illusion.

Requires physical access, who gives a fuck? You could remove the hard disks and put them in another computer to do all the same shit

Thank goodness I installed sysvinit on my Debian machine not to long ago!.

I suggest you all do the same. It's actually quite easy!

/etc/init.d/ is your systemctl.
update-rc.d is also your systemctl.

Come to think of it, a lot of things in sysv are fragmented...

>No one gives a shit about what init system you use, autist. Get real
Harry Potter at Redhat certainly does

>Because privacy is an illusion.
Then imprint or not makes no difference.

Most local exploits are shit that nobody cares about. If they have local access, you've already lost the game.

Germoney is EU. wow.

Sup Forums was right!

Government spies everyone. That's a given. But putting your address for everyone to abuse is not a good thing.

>supposed
No one gives a fuck about enforcing if it doesn't bring in money. It doesn't.

>No one gives a fuck about enforcing if it doesn't bring in money. It doesn't.
It makes money in Germany. The lawyers included fines in the letter. It's idiotic.

sudo is also malware.

Arch Linux OpenRC master race.

>imprint
but that word is only for books

why do i need to recompile my kernel to use systemd?

that's crazy desu

Nah, more like "we'll send someone over to s__k your ___k if you switch".
Old, but valid argument. I'm still waiting for "the big one". You know, like shellshock, which was around for about a fucking decade or so?
>programmer's point of view
and here we have the problem, systems administrators don't give two shits about what programmers want, do they?
>OpenRC
>You could have prevented this.jpg
It suffered from not invented here, so no one else wanted to adopt it, and the kicker? OpenRC supports real fucking supervision, you can enable s6 as a supervisor.
I don't give a shit either, but I do give a shit what I use on MY systems. I really don't give a fuck that you are infecting your systems with the equivalent of AIDS for Linux.
>local only attack
>which can be leveraged by breaching a network service and getting local shell access
>implying that local only attacks always require console access
I have to wonder sometimes about people.
>using /etc/init.d directly
you're doing it wrong. Yes, I know you are doing irony. No, it's not funny.
also half-baked logic. You assume that the attacker always gains root access immediately, instead of needing to attack something locally to gain privilege escalation.
>can't tell if troll or real
as I don't use systemd.

Stop lying you dumb cunt, Imprint = 100% German law.

FUCK SYSTEMD

Microsoft already shills the idea that we need only 1 unix/linux distro Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.

>I don't care, I swear
>writes up an essay
Fucking terminal autism shit right there.

Also, programmers don't give a shit about sysadmins that can't adopt and learn things. GTFO

>we need only 1 unix/linux distro
No, choice is always better. Competetion is always better.

>Fucking terminal autism shit right there.
wrote it in 5 minutes on lunch break
>GTFO
only after you stop smoking a cock.

Besides, lunchtime is over, gotta go. Enjoy your systemd. Time is on my side.

Every time I use Gentoo or Arch with OpenRC my wifi never works. I'll stick to systemd just so I can have a working computer.

Poettering is an incomptent asshole.
Ulrich Drepper is also an incomptent raging asshole.
What's wrong with German developers?

Got any evidence to backup that claim?
I'll wait

>local exploit

Yeah, I'll just keep using systemd then.

Systemd is shit. People still use systemd.

>with OpenRC my wifi never works
one has nothing to do with the other.

Also,
>you can't install wicd

This was fixed a year ago.

The fact that this is the best you anti-systemd zealots can come up with after all this time is a testament to how well systemd works

Out of idle curiosity has it been audited yet?

itt sex offenders

>can only be exploited locally
i thought the usual assumption was that if someone has local access to your machine it's fucked by definition?

underrated

Systemd is Stasi shit. So is Redhat. LP is just fronting for Redhat.

Is there a youtube video to back up your claims?

Protip: If the linux news isn't on youtube, it's fake.

He has made audio output loud though

will he make video output non screen tearish though?

I wouldn't get my hopes up, the only thing that seems to help is getting an AMD card.

At least that's how I experienced it. Nvidia: No drivers, Intel: Tearing as hell, AMD it just werks but linux stays shit

competition just makes porting software harder.

>Land of the free
Where's such imaginary "land" exist?

Patched over a year ago.

/thread