codingrainbow

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
gist.github.com/dypsilon/5819528

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

>How to get started
pastebin.com/pDT82mQS
pastebin.com/AL6j7GEE

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

datatables.net/
infoworld.com/article/3150716/application-development/forget-angular-3-google-skips-straight-to-angular-4.html
jetbrains.com/
codecademy.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
youtu.be/sBzRwzY7G-k
pixlr.com/editor/
github.com/necolas/react-native-web#why
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How should I do the file/folder structure a multi-page react site? It's just a portfolio site where each "domain.com/xxxx" page is a separate front-end "app".

These threads are dying really fast recently.

Easiest way to scrape a website with dynamic content?

Man, fuck HTML/CSS, I'm usually a 'fairly' bright person I'd say, but writing a static website for my mum's shop, this shit makes me want to kill myself

PhantomJS should do the trick

What is the best way to save a html table as pdf and xls ?

datatables.net/

>hasn't touched the cancer that is flavor of every five years js frameworks
>already complaining about basic HTML/CSS
pls stahp

take a template and change it or build on a bare css layout

Like this? Surely there must be a way that doesn't look like pure cancer.

var phantom = require('phantom');

phantom.create(function (ph) {
ph.createPage(function (page) {
var url = "bdtong.co.kr/index.php?c_category=C02";
page.open(url, function() {
page.includeJs("ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.1/jquery.min.js", function() {
page.evaluate(function() {
$('.listMain > li').each(function () {
console.log($(this).find('a').attr('href'));
});
}, function(){
ph.exit()
});
});
});
});
});

Yes it really does. I've used CheerioJS to scrape a large amount of pages before. It uses jQuery like syntax. Use request to fetch the page, then cheerio to grab data. It should work for that page

i am learning php. i decided to use an old laptop as server, so i watched some pajeet video on youtube and now i can access it from my main pc with filezilla and putty.

now the question is how can i access it as a "normal website" from the browser? i have all the LAMP installed.

put html file in apache webroot
server.lan.ip/file.html in your browser
??
now you can start serving your php stuff instead

will this allow me to view my website from anywhere?

only from your internal network. You could set a port forward on your home router to point external requests to your laptop. Since you probably have a dynamic IP address given to you by your ISP you'll want to set up dynamic DNS

>Angular 2 barely released
>announcing Angular 4, that is completely different

Why can't web languages/frameworks stay more or less stable and consistent like Java.

>angular 4

what the fuck are you talking about

infoworld.com/article/3150716/application-development/forget-angular-3-google-skips-straight-to-angular-4.html

They can't keep getting away with it.

>"Angular is on an aggressive schedule that would have Angular 5 arriving in September/October 2017, followed in six months by Angular 6, with Angular 7 coming six months later in September/October 2018."

Embarrassing. Gotta be a joke site. React is so much better.

You can use ngrok for that although only use it for testing

How to even start sucking some massive cock?

I already know PHP, React. ES6 and Babelify.

Should I just hit the local gay bar?

Is it possible to make a react Website that could also immediately be ported as a mobile app with react native?

That's what happens when developers call themselves "engineers"

It just baffles me that the web dev community just keeps gobbling that shit up and lets them pull this kind of shit, hailing it as "progress".

nobody is stoping you from using another framework, sticking with old version of angular2 or forking and maintaining it further

where to start in web development to get into work quickly? tired of delivering pizzas

if reading the op is too much for you then don't bother

it's not, just busy atm and saw a wall of links

Is there a lighter, faster alternative to Visual Studio 2015? Every time I hit Run I gotta go do something else for 5 min...

jetbrains.com/

This is the industry standard, ANY other IDEs are meme IDEs.

Better have a university email to get the products for free, though.

eclipse

uninstall all shitty M$ layered frameworks, languages, and IDE's right now.

I'll simplify it for you:

Choose one of these and stick with it as far as you can:
>Learning material
codecademy.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/

>Watch this to (maybe) get an idea of what's what:
youtu.be/sBzRwzY7G-k

Start with HTML>>>CSS>>>JAVASCRIPT and maybe SQL, then come back for more advice. Don't fret about "oooh, which backend language should I learn? Python, Ruby or Node.js?" Fuck that shit, just start and don't stop until you hit a wall

>jetbrains.com/

so Rider would be the replacement to VS 2015, right? But is it faster/lighter? Because I've heard that ReSharper, though very good, actually slows down VS even more.

The only slowdowns in Jetbrains products are from the compiler and code suggestions. It's the main reason to use Jetbrains products in the first place.

I use Webstorm and Idea and everything is very fast. Don't know about pajeet languages, though.

Hey guys. Newbie web dev question.

So I've written a webpage and now I'd like to add a feature in which users can send real-time notifications to other users. e.g. something like "Anonymous has clicked button1!"

As far as I can tell, the WebSocket API seems to meet my needs and the client-side scripting would be simple, but I'm otherwise at a loss. I have no idea how to get started on the server-side programming or even how to set up a server to handle non-HTTP traffic.

Could any of you fine chaps point me in the right direction?

Great, thanks launchcode.

Bet I won't get it because I'm not lgbtqiasqlwtfbbq and don't meet your pro-anti-diversity quota.

What's in the launchcode interview?

I have it in a week.

I'm going to be doing this right after I come back from PAX and I'm hungover.

Is it a good idea to start learning Laravel now I'm fairly competent making applications with php?

why don't you you come up with some bullshit sex orientation so you can help them meet quotas ?
>i identify myself as a thinkpadkin
> no laffin that's being ignorant >:(

I think about doing this, but I'm afraid the guy will be normal and call me a fag before hanging up.

Why not just take the third option to avoid any trouble?

Because that means "Yeah I'm fucking sucking 12 kinds of dicks but can't be honest about it."

this desu i can't ever imagine a recruiter asking me about my sexual activities i'm pretty sure that's illegal

I don't use photoshop much but it does come in handy every now and then. My laptop that has my trusty CS3 just took a dump on me and there is no way I am going to sign up for adobe's monthly service because I hardly use their programs. I tried downloading gimp for windows and my virus protection told me it was bad. Is gimp legitimately malware now? What can I do to get simple photo manipulation tasks taken care of nowadays?

>simple photo manipulation

Try pixlr.com/editor/

It's actually pretty decent and since you said "simple" it should be plenty.

This does work for my current situation thank you. Is Gimp now malware though? Is there any decent photoshop alternative? Is pixlr actually the best alternative available?

make sure you get it from official site and not these dl sites for retards that want you to download download managers and bundle adware with everything

is Symfony still the go-to php framework?

they keep rolling out breaking changes in every +.1 version shit is getting annoying trying to keep up but yea its clean and very opinionated way of fucking around but most of the time i'll just default to wordpress when making client's site

dreamweaver vs visual studio

which do you prefer and why

Because JS is getting popular. Even as you eat your tendies, JS is deep throating functional programming concepts like classes. You're expected to learn the new fancy js standard every year. Try to keep up user.

>still lurking these threads for over a year
>still haven't started learning anything

cmon senpai, step up

I will eventually, man. being a minimum-wagecuck will result in my suicide if I don't learn something. My motivation dwindles quite quickly tho. I've only made 2 websites in html and css before giving up

end of blog post

you're me, except I haven't made shit, only just learning now

you can make it senpai

no. the concepts between react and react-native are the same but they use different building blocks at the jsx level. on react-native you use and rather than and say . lots of code would be reusable

if you went in the other direction its technically possible though. github.com/necolas/react-native-web#why not recommended

What is the robots folder? I know what the css folder is, the js folder is, ect. but I don't know what the robots folder is for.

You know how in some websites there are buttons for signing up and logging in in the right corner? How do you replace these buttons with a "My Profile" button and a "Log Out" button after the user has signed in?

there is a check to see if a user is logged in. if yes display logout, etc. if no display login

Just use Bootstrap and maybe some jQuery is you really need moge functionality.

>second most paying job
>you don't have to deal with memory leak autism. let the C++ neckbeards deal with it
>node.js is in JavaScript. you will be employable in both front-end and back-end jobs.

give me one reason not to learn node.js

Why is Node.js even in that poll to begin with? It isn't a language AFAIK.

how the hell do I make loop with two variables? I have this

for(var i=j=0; i

Use a nested loop, that is fucking hideous and needless.

Or just use two loops. Or put the loop logic in one function and pass in the array as a parameter.

What are you trying to do here?
You're stepping through both arrays simultaneously, but the arrays are of different lengths. What is the expected behavior when you reach the end of one array and the other keeps going?

it literally says in the title:
>COMPENSATION BY TECHNOLOGY

node.js is a technology, there are node.js experts, and those people make that much money on average

>"we cross tabulated compensation with competency in specific technologies to see which tech pays best."

That's the explanation.

Node.js """developers""" generally have low competency, so if they extrapole their shitty income you get a (highly theoretical) competent node.js developer with high income.

Lying with statistics 101.

I just wanted to use both variables in the same equation, I tried the nested loop and worked !

Anyone experienced with angular here? I'm trying to create a popover when hovering over a specific element inside a directive html template.

I have a directive and template like

inside the template

{{el.whatever}}
{{el.whatever2}}

if I add ng-mouseenter and ng-mouseleave tags inside the template I don't know where to put a javascript function to create and destroy the popover since the scope is isolated to the element inside the directive.

Really basic question, but where can I see some examples of basic JS in action?

Been running through CodeAcademy and Free Code Camp but I'm still not entirely sure how everything I'm learning can be applied to web pages.

w3schools

i started at codecademy. and then changed to freecodecamp. Freecodecamp is nice, not for the teaching, but because it gives you exercises that makes you learn stuff alone. There is a comunity too were you can ask stuff. its not that easy there are too much crazy info online mixed stuff. and im only using html,css and bootstrap. bootstrap is the one fucking my learning up too many mixed information online.

i would do like that in c#:
for( int i = 0; i < array1.length;i++){
do stuff...
for( int j = 0; j < array2.length;j++){
do stuff..
}
}

well i dont know if that is what you want.
that would do something like : for each array.1 item it would process all the array 2 stuff. so array 2 would be processed arra1.lenght * array.2 lenght.

yeah thats my basic fount of knowledge now. im using it to finish the exercises in freecodecamp.

Nested loops have O(n*m) complexity, whereas your previous loop just had O(n).
There no point introducing additional complexity if you can just change the looping conditions or increments.

Guize, I need a cheap domain + hosting
No pretentions, just for it to be Wordpress-compatible and a custom domain mailbox

How do you even use ES6 modules with Angular?
I guess controllers and services can be easily translated, but directives seem to be a pain in the ass, especially if you want to keep each of them in a separate file like any sane person would

I do, but I use webpack + babel works bretty good

Not using Angular but are you using Typescript? If not then maybe you should.

I've been working on a messaging app geared at normies for a little while now and lately I've been drawn to Line as an inspiration for our business model and a couple of other things. One thing that I noticed about it unrelated to the business side of things is the fact that it only allows one "device" to be used at a time. What's strange is that the desktop client on a laptop doesn't seem to count as a "device". Whats the reasoning behind this? Does it have to do with their encryption model? I can't think of any other reason (if that one even counts in the first place) for that restriction. Any insight?

The problem with directives is that you can't register them in angular in their own module if you really want to keep them modular, unless I'm missing something
So if I have 30 directives that I want to use across projects I'll always need at least one file that does all the boilerplate registration stuff like

import X from 'directiveX';
import Y from 'directiveY';
import Z from 'directiveZ';

(get the root angular module somehow)
.directive('X', X)
.directive('Y', Y)
.directive('Z', Z)

Which seems to be a pain in the ass

I took a look at Angular 2 a while back and I barfed a little in my mouth, TS doesn't seem too bad but right now I'm already kind of used to writing ES6 with Babel

Can vue or React be used in Electron apps? Also, can Electron apps be distributed in Windows and macOS's app stores?

Someone posted a site that ranked the popularity and posted descriptions, feature lists, advantages, shortcomings, etc. of different Javascript technologies (frameworks, build systems, libraries, and a couple of other things) in a previous thread. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd appreciate a link

React is hot garbage.

Anyone who says otherwise is a complete beginner.

What is YouTube's desktop website built with? I'm guessing its Angular or React. Which one it is is clearly the inferior product. Its a steaming pile of garbage

literally Sup Forums

This. I learned most of my beginner JS knowledge reimplimenting features of Sup Forums X and the native JS extension on my own imageboard.

so
I'm completely new to self hosting
Currently I'm using nginx on an old laptop
the domain name works fine for directing towards the server, but I've ocme across a very perculiar issue
when I open up an image file in the browser (right click on image, click open in new tab)
it displays the servers ip address instead of the domain name.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

in the html, what is the url of the image?

what are you talking about? Youtube desktop app is great. Runs well. Though I don't know what it was built with. I didn't see anything that looked like Angular in the source code

is the code currently
"Images" is the folder containing "1.gif"

I'm guessing this is the issue?

are you using word press?

no

hmm during your set up are you sure you didn't put in the ip instead of the domain name somewhere you shouldnt have?

wait why are you putting a gif in a frame?

>Company insist on hiring code monkey from code camp
>Portfolio is full of spaghetti angular code with fucking shit tons of unecessary scoping, functions, etc. at least half their files could be sized down about 70% with well wrote and concise code
>I have to teach this dimwitted fucker React

Why do companies think it's acceptable to hire these motherfuckers again?