OK, Sup Forums, I have mastered Python to a good level, which programming language should I learn now...

OK, Sup Forums, I have mastered Python to a good level, which programming language should I learn now? Python doesn't seem nearly as applicable and desirable in a real-world job, though it will always be useful to me for testing simple concepts.

I'm considering learning C, what do you think? What should I learn next? I've come to understand that Haskell is a meme language, and Java(Script) is a Poo language, so is C really the best choice now?

The one on the far right is the patrician choice.

>taking advice from Sup Forums
Yeah, C will be gr8 m8. Go learn it.

Java

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm considering C++ now. I wouldn't do C unless you plan on doing embedded systems.

Also, Javascript is kind of a mess but it is the most used language? in the world aka very employable. Something to think about.

This gotta be bait but here it goes:

Python not applicable? Have you been living under a database managers ass or some shit?

Tbfh u should learn javascript, its fairly easy and rly powerful, it can do pretty much anything you want with the right libraries. Avoid C like the plague unless you want to go rly low, also good luck finding a job with it, c# and c++ are just simply superior to c (unless you want to build something that REQUIRES you use C, which is unlikely with 2 months of experience)

I'd go with C# if you want to stay closer to OOP, otherwise C++.

Javascript is a sewer but it is pretty much unavoidable these days and worth the time.

>mastered python
How likely.

Nevermind the 2 months part, that was probably another thread

No, he probably "learned python" by only learning the sytax and has no idea how to actually do anything useful, therefor python 'is not applicable'.

Can someone explain the meme that Ada is slow to develop on?

C is great for learning what programs are actually doing.

Python's pretty useful. There are __plenty__ of jobs using it, but the industry leaders are converting to Go.

Node.js has meme power for now, but it's rapidly turning into an overcomplicated shitfest.
>Isomorphism is a plague designed to make Node.js indispensible to companies that fall for the meme.

Java has solid support from large enterprises. Bulky platform and over-engineered code ahoy.

Microsoft is doing everything they can to make it easier for senior-citizen executives to shove their Microdick C# .NET platform into all orifices of business.
>Must love excessive use of Classes, invoking magic variables supplied by the framework, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, etc.

>mastered Python
>doesn't seem

People talk shit on Python but it's a damn good beginner language. It's like building with fucking legos. You learn about

>variables
>functions
>classes
>object oriented programming
>iterators (for/while)
>data structures
>etc etc

I'm with OP, now that I've gotten Python figured out, I'm looking to learn a more advanced language that requires e.g. memory management. There's nothing wrong with increasing difficulty as you learn. In fact, it makes sense.

"""
Hey Sup Forums i mastered X language to a good level, which programming language shoul I learn now? X doesn't seem nearly as applicable and desirable in ...
"""

christ, just because you mastered fizz buzz in a language doesn't mean you know how to use it

>writing that much text on the first line of your docstring

stallman_constanza.jpg

kek should i use the 79 chars margin everywhere?

> Try to get into it
> No baby's first tutorial
> Find a hello works
> Move onto linked list
> Takes 4 hours
> Get butthurt
> Shitpost

Can't be slower than C if you aren't a cripple.

Depends on purpose, I found that learning C taught me a lot about operating systems and the inner workings of the computer. Avoid the .NET languages! Maybe checking out a functional languages would also be a good thing to do.

If you think C is slow you probably are too

Therefore Ada is faster

Fuck off, no one cares that you exist, never mind what language you learn

Do you even go to college?
If not, the next logical thing after knowing some programming is to learn some algorithms and data structures. And then computer architecture. In both cases C is a suitable language. Plus a bit of assembly.

It doesn't really matter.

Learn C, Lisp, Java (or C#).

>C is great for learning what programs are actually doing.

Not this meme again. C's model of computation has not translated 1-1 to the underlying architecture since at least the mid 80's.

Learn Rust

Java and get into Android development. It's where all the monies is.

Python is fine for beginners. Syntax won't rape your boipucci, but there's better alternatives if you want a high level beginner language, namely Javascript that have more uses out of the box and are future proof for the next 50 years.

Racket