Sup Forumsentoomen, what's the goto free Android music player these days?

Sup Forumsentoomen, what's the goto free Android music player these days?

I used to use BlackPlayer but it doesn't find some of my albums, plus it sometimes randomly turns itself on.

Currently using PowerAmp. Bretty gud but it's just a free trial and I never spend money on an app on principal.

HibyMusic for formats + sound quality + LAN support

Shuttle

Shuttle seems pretty good so far thanks

google play is good enough if it's used as a music playa

Timber
> FOSS
> Material design
> Customizable

I thought that same, then I realised some songs and artists wasn't showing unless I searched for them manually.

This is one I haven't heard of before. Thanks for the recommendatiom, user.

I have been using Pulsar lately. It seems to work pretty well, can cast audio direct to a Chromecast which is cool.

I bought the full version which gives you themes and stuff my advice is just use the free version. Doesn't give you any extra features I don't think.

Black player was giving me trouble with the notification not updating. Would stay stuck on a song, and the developer removed the option to apply a fix for that in the last version I used.

Wait until poweramp is $1 on a sale.

Haven't switched music players in 3 years.

shuttle, poweramp, and vanilla are all good.
I use vanilla because it's open source and tiny.

crack poweramp

AIMP

this

>Gingerbread looking bullshit that looks like it was cobbled together by some pajeet in 20 minutes

Stop shilling this utter dog shit.

Blackplayer Ex here, comfy as fuck

If you care about the actual sound and features related to actually playing music Neutron is the only choice.

For real, all of these are just barebones UIs cobbled around the built-in Android playback libraries

>gingerbread
What the fuck are you talking about? Shuttle and vanilla are both material already, and Poweramp has a material theme you can download if you want.

>Sabaton
My nigga

This, everything else is shit.

PlayerPro with DSP plugin, yadumfukk

nigro you have no right to complain about how an audio player looks, do you lick your TV to taste it?

also material skin exists

>iron maiden and sabaton
So much good taste itt desu

Since when dadrock is good taste?

Just tried Timber and I'm really liking it. It's like Blackplayer, just not shit.

is it any better than vanilla?
I saw both in fdroid, but vanilla was smaller so I went with that.

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for. If you want simplicity and something that just werks, then stay with Vanilla. If you like meme design and some options that are neat but that you can honestly live without, then Timber.

>timber
>latest commit 3 years ago
IT'S DEAD

Vanilla is cool in terms of UI, but it doesn't parse or play Opus for me.

So I suggest AIMP.

personally i use ''stellio''

Might as well ask here. I just installed Vanilla and it doesn't recognize album art at all, is there a way to fix this? I have the pictures embedded in my music files, if that helps.

It's gonna crash all the time for you.

BP is overall the best
Power amp was good back in 2014
Neutron has the best equalizer
Shuttle crash all the time
Phonograph is a good contender for black player
Google music is a botnet
Spotify is also a botnet

>still storing music locally

get with the times, grandpa

>paying for not owning music
Get the fuck out of here.