Why all the VLC hate threads lately?

Why all the VLC hate threads lately?
It's still a good open source media player that supports every format imaginable and works well.

It's the default across so many operating systems and distros for a reason. I thought Sup Forums loved it when open source software was better than its proprietary counterparts.

VLC hate is a meme.

If working DVD menus don't come back, I may join the hate parade. They're the only reason I kept VLC around.

/thread

fpbp

Lots of corporate shilling going on on Sup Forums lately.

Pro-chrome/anti-firefox shilling, anti-net neutrality shilling, pro-Windows/anti-Linux shilling, just to name a few.

No one video players plays everything, so you install several. Vlc, mpv, xine, ffplay and mplayer here.

so basically, you can't possibly be wrong and the way you see things is so patently obvious that the only people who would espouse a different viewpoint must be paid to do so?

Fucking plebs, you can code your own fucking player in less than a day. Go ahead and do that and stop bitching like a bunch of kids.

Nice strawman, but that's not what I said. You can distinguish a shill from a person with a legitimate viewpoint who's willing to argue rationally with you in a matter of seconds. Shills employ shitty sophisms and debate techniques (like you are doing right now with your strawman).

nicr try at evasion but you clearly listed some opinions then heavily implied only shills would hold those views.

>a good open source media player

*writes code to teleport behind you* *untbz2 katana*
nothing personnel kid

its half meme half mpv shills.
neither are going anywhere anytime soon get over it.

>implying mpc-hc+madvr shills dont shit on vlc either

VLC is probably perfect for the average user

People that post here aren't average users, they are nerds with autism

Or they know how shitty VLCs code is

And only care, because they are nerds with autism.

or because they understand programming and can make knowlegdeable decisions between software

I hate vlc because for me it often skips keyframes creating artifacts and shuttering in non-avi (so almost all) videos

Linus "lets put 3 RAID 5's into a RAID 0 and see what happens" Sebastian

It's funny because VLC code isn't actually shitty

>pro corporate
>anti firefox
By no means is it google but it's pretty sjw tier.

Because MPV is better and if you need menu buttons you can use bomi. I don't think VLC is shit or even bad, but from my experience MPV works flawlessly, never had some issues VLC (rarely) had and I never needed anything that isn't in the default settings and controlls. I still think VLC is in the top 3 or 4 video players.

>VLC dislike
>Lately
lurk moar

Does MPV have touch gestures?

Does VLC?

using it right now user.
What's with the bitter hate dawg?

But does mpv?

popular = bad on Sup Forums

No idea. Never needed it. I hope it doesn't have, gestures are bloat.

>Thinking corrupted footage fixes itself or gets instantly fixed by VLC

Yes it does.

HAHAHAH VLCFAGS BTFO

I blame Sup Forums and Sup Forums for this.

>everything is sjw, everything is cultural marxism and you have point this out
Mozilla is doing A LOT WRONGS things, but is free software and don't give money to google ideias, Sup Forums

In the smarthphone is a good option but we have mpv for computers.

Doing revert now

we also have mpv for phones

Is in fdroid? Well, vlc is done.

for some reason no
but it's also pretty shit, atleast the trackbar

So i herd some people need a gooey

does that still read and use the mpv.conf?

You don't need smplayer to show a gooey

>implying that entire ordeal was VLC's fault
nigga did you even watch that video