What are your thoughts on this?

What are your thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-906690/review/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dog shit

CPU/Mobo combo is fine used. 16G RAM is overkill but fine. Case is a shit. Motherboard is good for its day
>still have 2 Z77 Extreme4s sitting around here

PSU a SHIT. 580 a SHIT

overall, would pay $400 tops in order to salvage parts

The GTX 580 is a 7 year old GPU. My iGPU performs better than it now.

I'd give him 350 and swap the gfx card.

Good deal for 450. Could build a PC with similar performance with new parts for 750 or less

What the fuck user, stop with this madness, Please just get 12GB of ram atleast.

You can get better hardware for the same money brand new.

Seen people throw out computers similar to that one actually. My boss found one like it in the electronics recycling bins behind work.

I'd pay 2-300 dollars for it at most.

I have 64G of RAM in my desktop. 16G is still overkill for most home users though.

>The GTX 580 is a 7 year old GPU. My iGPU performs better than it now.
No

Just to clarify, I have no interest in this pc. I saw the post and thought I could have a good laugh with everyone.

>Just to clarify, I have no interest in this pc.

Why's the CPU fan pointing that way?

I would bet the HD 530 I have outperforms the 580 in any game.

at some point i realized that good enough, was good enough, and stopped building high-end rigs. even as a developer, i have no need for such a machine.

Highly doubtful, the 580 has way more cores than any iGPU

>most home users
Everyone here needs to stop saying this. 4channers, particularly those who browse Sup Forums, are NOT the "average home user". Moreover, the "average home user" doesn't even need/use/want a desktop anymore. They're extinct. The only ones left are people waiting for theirs to become totally inoperable before they go and buy a $300 laptop from Costco or Walmart.

Hey, Falcon! Has ddr4 passed ddr3 in price:performance yet?

>no ssd - big bottleneck there
> z77 old
>overpriced

nah.jpg

I guess you're right.

For an Arch Linux installation with i3 and lynx installed, 4G should be more than enough.

I paid 600 for mine and it's way better

I'm kinda tempted to run some benchmarks out of curiosity. There's benchmarks here: techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-906690/review/2

But obviously a 2017 system with a 580 would be very different.

the machine can and will bring 300-350 if the seller wasn't a douchebag and actually knew how to sell shit on craigslist.

pretty accurate post

OP no housefire is worth 900 bucks holy fuck.

I mean maybe the 3770k if it's a good one

Worth about three fify tbqhfamolam