Buy pic related

>buy pic related
>set gain to the lowest possible (-1.2 dB)
>still crackles on the high notes

vocaroo.com/i/s1wZjxiY1TKu

So is this:
1) an issue with this type of microphone (USB condenser mic)
2) an issue with this brand/model of microphone (samson meteor)
3) an issue with this particular microphone (i.e. a lemon)
?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0ruRvYwzA7c
youtube.com/watch?v=ad5T_48kHEE
youtube.com/watch?v=98Zrh9XGiOw
youtube.com/watch?v=xS18hqLV_NQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another example:
vocaroo.com/i/s0ruRvYwzA7c

I set the gain according to the manual's instructions, but it won't go any lower.

you already made this thread retard, we aren't your tech support

If this is a general problem with this type of mic, I know not to look at other ones of this type.

If this is not a general problem with this type of mic, I know that it's just a lemon.

Also, the best they could do yesterday was tell me "you lowered the volume, not the gain".
But according to the instructions, I did lower the gain.

read the sticky and fuck off

I did read the sticky, and according to some reviews the meteor sounded better than the snowball recommended in there.

Dunno, not a pro voiceactor or a singer...

Im enjoying my meteor mic.

Can you try singing (or mildly shouting) into yours from like 2-3 feet away?

You made this thread yesterday fuck off. Next time don't buy stupid hipster vanity tech and be surprised that it sucks.

>stupid hipster vanity tech
You mean this cheap and convenient microphone that's supposed to be pretty good?

OP you can't expect a mic with a built in audio chip to be any good

Get an sm58 and a proper audio interface like a steinberg or a focusrite if you want to get anything approaching professional results

There was no call for those triple trips, over the line!

And I'm pretty surprised this mic can't handle my voice, but I guess you're right.

>USB microphone

That was the first misstep OP, There aren't any good USB microphones.

You'll find plenty of reviews for them claiming they're good but they aren't. USB microphones are bought by people who don't know what they're looking for/twitch streamers.

OP here, I was at minus.

This
Should've just bought one of those chink BM800(0) mics, modded it and get a cheap audio interface for the same price

>You mean this cheap and convenient microphone that's supposed to be pretty good?
No i mean that shitty knockoff of something Dean Martin would have used in the 50s you could have gotten an At2005 for the same money and it would have worked fine. But you had to get that hideous chrome monstrosity.

I didn't buy it for the look.

just send it back niggu

this shit was not cheap, and this shit is made to look good over being functional.

If you want a usb mic, there are several good ones, I personally have a blu yeti, there is a sony that is 60$ that is also vert good for usb.

However, proper audio interface + mic is getting you into the 150$ minimum price range

Op, I was going to say you bought ship shit and expected it to be better, but then I looked at the cost, and fuck me that mic sucks dick for the price.

There are 3 usb mics that are worth it.

1) a sony mic that's in the 60$ range, cant remember its name, but its as good as the blue yeti with only one position.
2) blue yeti, this mic is both overkill and shit at the same time, because for normal voip use, its overkill, and for a pro setting, its under preforms Its what I have and is the best you are getting till you get an audio interface.
3) there is a digital voice recorder that can be used as a usb mic when plugged in, and is likely what I will get when my blue yeti dies. This is in the 200$ range but as I have use for a usb mic and a voice recorder of quality, not a bad deal for me.

you next option is getting an audio interface with phantom power, these on the low end cost 80$

now you are able to get a BM-800/700 and mod it to clamp down on the hissing, this makes the entire setup sound several hundred dollars better then to does... it also opens you up to the used mic market where you can get amazing deals from 'bands' that never made it and want to liquidate gear, usually they will buy something FAR better than they had any right to get and forget how much the shit cost them when it comes to selling.

To add, there is some amount of 'this mic is better for x purpose' but here

youtube.com/watch?v=ad5T_48kHEE
youtube.com/watch?v=98Zrh9XGiOw
youtube.com/watch?v=xS18hqLV_NQ

Once you get to a certain price range mics are more about what plays to their strengths opposed to just being good or bad because there is no silver bullet do everything mic, but if you are using usb and wanting a mic, there sure as fuck are bad good enough and overkill for your purpose mics.