rjmp Start

TST_Press:
brts Start_2
set
dec temp
Start_2:
rjmp Start

How is my assembler, /dpt/?

nobody competent would be uses windows , "command.com" .. which is the garbage they started with, remained with

I see only C code there.

fuck you for posting an anime image

Ignore this thread, it is duplicated. Real thread here:

proxy samefag

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here.

Is this not the real thread

What makes people say Python is a bad language?

>using a babby language instead of C

Is what your average fizzbuzz developer would say.

thank you for posting anime

I think many people who use Python don't program for life.

Is that anime girl a representation of a garbage collector?

This image barely qualifies as an anime image, please choose a more anime-centric image for the next thread. Thank you.

My two main gripes are forced whitespace and the typing system.

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Learning opengl for the 7th time.
It's just such a mess.
Surely there were better ways to do this?

It's a wolf girl eating a sandwich

It's easy and convenient, but this causes cancer just like how processed meat gives you cancer. You eat it, it tastes nice and fills you up, but you don't know what the fuck it's made of and what it's gonna do inside you and when you get cancer you won't realise what hit you and can't puke it out in time to save yourself. I think it's just good for quick prototyping and testing, not for production level shit.

This is what happens when you give the wolf girl 800 sandwiches.

Do you even know her?

Those yellow ticks are garbage collections.

The anime girl should take up at least 75% of the image space to be an appropriate /dpt/ OP picture.

Try to make something meaningful using it.
Attempting to learn something without a substance will lead you nowhere.

>You eat it, it tastes nice and fills you up, but you don't know what the fuck it's made of and what it's gonna do inside you and when you get cancer you won't realise what hit you and can't puke it out in time to save yourself
So, it's like chicken McNuggets?

>not SICP
she's fake

user if you haven't seen all of Haruhi and Azumanga at the very least you don't belong on here.

This is a false flag.

Ignore this poster.

where did i say i don't know who it is

Replace the book she's holding with SICP and you'll have the official permission to start the next anime thread!

You never said who it is so I had to assume you don't

>official permission
You have to go through the proper channels for this user. You can't just grant it. File a request with the committee and fight them on mailing lists then maybe we can get this image officially sanctioned.

I'l try.
It's just that every time I seem to confuse VBO VAO and all the calls so I'm not getting anywhere it seems.

And then when I'm in other areas the math isn't my strong suit. I'm better at programming systems.

But I'l try. Any ideas on what goal is good to have?

>committee
Huh? I didn't form any kind of committee. You do realize this thread is a dictatorship, right?

And who is the dictator?

Elected by the committee, it's in progress.

Well, technically the provisional government is in charge but I'm fully in control of it. We're switching to a monarchy pretty soon though.
Wrong, elections were banned and you are about to be shot.

Please do, I don't know how to work with graphic editors.

I think it's a bit too subtle.

C# is not programming.

It's fine. The cover is so iconic anyway, so it's still very easy to tell that it's SICP.

Python is amazing if you use it for its intended purpose: a nice scripting language to replace the fuckery that is Perl, or a programming language for very quick development of small programs / simple back end.

In other words, if you don't use it as a replacement for a real programming language, then it's great.

>not the japanese edition
8/10

It's perfect! It satisfies:

>to replace the fuckery that is Perl
Elaborate

It's only good for some math stuff, and then again R is much better at it than Python so there's absolutely no point in learning it or ever unironically using it.

R is hideous to use if you have a programming background.

>Surely there were better ways to do this?
Yes, use Direct3D.

Newer tech doesn't necessarily mean more vulnerabilities, it just means that there are potentially undiscovered vulnerabilities.

Some people have jobs, you know.

>tfw job using C#

At least it isn't Java. It's growing on me, I guess.

>At least it isn't Java.

every single thread.

so what's wrong with Java again?

>It's growing on me, I guess.
That's Microsoft's penis slowly penetrating you, user.

Newer tech means more hidden backdoors since technology evolved and it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to place some surveillance chip.

>proprietary
>OOP meme
>PublicStaticAbstractDogShitFactories
>only used because big numbers of lines of code required give management the false impression of productivity and make them feel warm and fuzzy inside

GOF > SICP

Prove me wrong.

@58662377
*proves you wrong*

What is GOF?

how did you post this message?

I'm powered with (You)s

Why does that come as a surprise?

Mostly it's the toolsets. I've used Eclipse and IDEA, and neither are even close to VS. Also, I've never needed to bother making a desktop application on Linux, and WPF is so much easier to work with than Swing (again, mostly due to the toolsets).

As far as the actual language goes, there's been a few odd things that I bump up against that feel off, plus I don't care for Java's syntax that mirrors equivalent C# features (like LINQ). I don't know if Java has extension methods yet, but those really help the readability of code when used appropriately.

Personally, Java was my first language, so I was "used to it" first, but the entire dev process for C# stuff (desktop applications, backend data integrations, mobile apps) feels so much easier.

Current state of Sup Forums, everyone.

Come on now. There's a reason even 100-year-old old school wizards are migrating from Perl to Python despite having used Perl for their entire lifes. Python just does everything that Perl does in a much simpler manner.

>You can learn Python in 1 or 2 hours to the point where you can write very complicated scripts with it.
>Perl is a huge language comparatively, has a very peculiar syntax and a much higher learning curve.

>Python code looks like pseudocode, any programmer can easily read and understand what it does even if he doesn't know Python.
>Perl on the other hand... well, suffices to say that it's one of the most popular languages in Obfuscated Code contests.

The list goes on. I love Perl but Python just renders it completely useless.

Posting a message to the internet without having access to the internet is pretty weird

Who are you quoting? I want to read the full list.

How does it feel being a double-digit? Does it hurt?

When someone says your post number but doesn't correctly link it does it give you less power or way more power?

I always thought doing that kind of (you) denial was like giving someone like 100 (you)s because it takes more effort to go out of your way to be petty about it.

Myself. If you want more reasons then STFW, the topic of Perl vs. Python and why Python is better has already been discussed endlessly.

Nice paranoia, faggot.

(You) is a treated like a legitimate currency despite the inflation it has suffered. Anything else isn't even thought of as currency so it's entirely worthless
>it takes more effort
it's just two more actions which are worth it in the end.

What's the point of this shitpost?

What kind of stupid question is this?

Is this a new meme?

no this is

Please return to Sup Forums where you belong.

That looks delicious.

Is it as soft as it looks?

Looks like another overly smooth and gelatinous nip food.

They're steamed buns, they're very soft and doughy.

It's a very standard dough recipe with the addition of some sugar. If you're a texture person like me they're lovely.

You can make them youself if you have a steamer (you can get a bamboo one for about $15) or find somewhere that sells them. Those kind are called mantou

trash

This is homework, but I will post it here anyway.
I am supposed to make a program with 2 for loops in which the user is asked for a number of rows and columns. It's supposed to draw a picture with dots, stars and spaces, however I feel I'm doing something wrong, since even though the random generator should be random, I get a lot of repeating symbols.

for (int row = 0; row < rows; row++)
{
int pic = r.Next(3);
if (pic == 0)
Console.WriteLine(" ");
else if (pic == 1)
Console.WriteLine("*");
else Console.WriteLine(".");
for (int col = 0; col < column; col++)
{

if (pic == 0)
Console.Write(" ");
else if (pic == 1)
Console.Write("*");
else Console.Write(".");
}
}

not lisp

I keep oscillating between "I'm smart, I can handle C++!" and "What the hell, why would Bjarne do that?" in my mind.

I miss having fun programming. Should I keep fighting with C++, or fuck off to Java and 'just like make game' like I used to do, back in the good days.

see

Also I forgot to add in the random generator since I was translating. There should be another
pic = r.Next(3); in the second for loop.

>have to present in class
>live coding with my screen projected on the board
>always use "nigger" as a variable name when I can't think of one
>accidentally make a variable called nigger in front of the entire class
>there were black students in the class
How do I kill myself?

>herb schildt

Yes abandon C++. There's really no point in using it unless you're aiming for the high end of performance. In which case you're wasting your time with C++ features anyway.

>black students
thank you for not writing "black people"

Looks about right to me.

What exactly is the program supposed to do?

LoL > *

Depending on how long it was on the board, you might not have to kill yourself.

Maybe for now try and structure your problem on paper? You haven't described this for us well but judging from how "draw something based on input" assignments tend to be you haven't thought it through properly.
I have never heard of either of these books.

Ask for user input and print a random picture with those symbols. I think my code is wrong, since if I enter 1 and 1, it prints the symbols in 1 column and 2 rows. If it's 2 and 2, you get 3 columns, 3 rows.

let over lambda