RGB RAM: buy now or wait for the market to evolve?

RGB RAM: buy now or wait for the market to evolve?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/expect-dram-prices-to-keep-rising/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how about kys?

Just stick some christmas lights in there and plug it into molex

I'd recommend you to rather invest your money into an Autism therapy

If you need new ram, buy them. Ignore the pseudo-adults.

I might get some for my case without a window, for the irony

yeah OP, kys

I second that motion, kys OP

ITT: boring, old, gray lamers

It's never too late OP.

I'll have you know I've got red led fans in my case. Because they came with it and the case was sub $100 aussidoo's.
But OP should still kill himself.

>Tfw have a fractal design r5 without the window side panel
>Tfw it still looks better than a window with rgbmeme shit

Are those for pro gaming?
Because i don't buy anything if it isn't specifically rated and designed for extreme pro gaming.

Can you actually set the colors somehow or do they just do some gay rainbow slideshow?

Yes, there's a proprietary program for Microsoft Windows to set the colors

This whole RGB shit needs to blow over. Spend an extra 50-300 dollars for something stupid and gimmicky such as lights. Because who cares about actual quality of the product right?

led strips and molex is all you need

>pro gaming
>>Sup Forums is that way

It's actually high-end 4266MHz RAM.
I'm sorry that you're poor though.
Maybe some day you can afford nice things.

take this to one of the artsy boards.

>buying rgb ram in 2017

Tempered glass motherboards and ram with lite brite hardswap plug and play xtreme gaming aura led are debuting this year.

pic so neo r/g/b knows what a lite brite is.

I miss the 90s.

How do you suppose this works? Reserving 3 bytes on the stick for the (R,G,B) pair? How would you prevent the OS from allocating it?

Better yet, could you let the OS allocate it so as data changes stick color does?

>lite-brite
>90s
you have to be over 18 to post here

Mathematically speaking anyone who has memories of the 90's would have to be over 18.

I had a lite brite as a kid?

Just because it came out in the 70's doenst mean they werent still selling them in the 90's.

YOU have to be over 18 to post here.

sir your ram is melting

>stealing amps from the ram.

I use ram sticks with no gayming heatsinks, what do you have to say :^)

poverty is tragic

>not overclocking your leds instead

we get it you're both over 18 *wink

Good question. I'm not aware of how programs could communicate with the RAM otherwise.

>Better yet, could you let the OS allocate it so as data changes stick color does?

>rave ram sticks

The RAM could glow in the average color of your wallpaper
or the heat of your CPU, blue = cold, red = hot

I'm probably going to buy some
It's only $30 more expensive than plain, boring RAM

Fuck it just got even more complicated as I thought about it, because of virtual memory and virtual memory maps.

How is the program to know if the memory address 0xFFFFFFF5 is virtual paged or real.

Secondly, the memory map is arbitrary, Windows at least puts the sticks together into one big pile and then sandboxes each program into its own memory space. So how exactly could software know that its writing to 0xFFFFF87 on Stick 1?????

This is actually really complicated, theres probably something much easier that im not thinking of.

But registered ecc ram in servers use heatsinks so clearly they have some use and are not just a meme.

According to OSDev you can access RAM addresses that don't actually exist without causing system errors
They can use a kernel-mode driver and use special hardcoded addresses somewhere up in the Petabyte range that are guaranteed to be free

How would the sticks controller tell the system about these addresses?

Guess I had a sweet deal back in June 2016. Not a good year for DRAM
pcgamer.com/expect-dram-prices-to-keep-rising/

>I'm sorry that you're poor though.
>Maybe some day you can afford nice things.
Hmm, what should I do with all this wealth? I know, I'll buy colored RAM sticks.

The driver can detect the RAM vendor and model name, then use hardcoded addresses

I want this RGB meme to die. Originally it was a cool idea because it meant you could select whatever color scheme you wanted. Instead everyone does this ugly multicolor scheme.

G.Skill will soon release software that allows you to configure colors.

>paying a $50 premium for ram
you can get room lighting kits for that

$50 isn't real money
I earn that every minute as extreme pro gamer

Even as someone with extreme autism for all things lighting, this is over doing it a bit.

Where's the LED SATA cable that glows when there are transfers?

>all these lamers ITT who don't know about the Sup Forums approved extreme gaming RAMs

It is not nice, it is just retarded.

No all of it.

nobody here is even mlg

FUCKING KEK WHATS NEXT
>RGB BIOS
>RGB MONITOR
>RGB PROCESSOR

uh yes?
Retard?
I bet you don't even know the blue lighted ones come with special programs to reduce temperature.

3D bios
Mega Hyper Bit Processor
Gaming monitor
RGB RAM
10meg Pipe GPU

>>RGB MONITOR

Nobody tell him.

I feel sorry for you and your monochrome bios.

I'll buy some RGB RAM just to post it on Sup Forums and then sell it again

>no gaming bios
console pleb

>3D bios

How are PC case windows still a thing? Its such fucking rice.

I wish they made high end gaming hardware that wasnt all filled with useless lights, and flashy shit.

How else can they gonna overcharge you for underpowered hardware

lol you're a fag op. People that like shiny flashy things are children

Real adults make decisions based on how they can appease the politics of grotesque neckbeards on an anime imageboard

it does sound like a rich person thing

mmm
ahh
i can taste the salt through the post

ahh

>hurdur the higher the MHz the better the Ram hurdur i have no clue about what i talk
you know that a 2333mhz can be faster than a 4266MHz ram if the timings of the 4266MHz are trash? no you didnt now shut up with your meme ram

>gaymur kiddo ram
kids gonna gobble this shit up like they do with the corsair shit.

Is this a meme or a real thing? I remember those stupid fucking wings they started putting on RAM. The superextreme rage edition or some shit.

this, ddr3 2133@cl9 is amazing, and the next step up should be ddr4 3600@cl15