Pay for OS

>Pay for OS
>See ads
Wincucks LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre
libreboot.org/faq/#intelme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCKING THIS is what's more annoying to me than telemetry. Yeah, telemetry is bad and all, but I can block that shit on my router so I give no fucks about it. But this shit can go straight to hell.
>ads
>embedded into the user interface
There is no escape from this corporate hellscape. The Amazon Moto G4 is even worse than this, but thank god for root, I guess.

>Pay for OS
>See ads
what dimension are you from?

current (worst) timeline

The growth of Win10 pretty much stopped at the end of the gratis upgrade, so aside from a few OEMs, nobody paid for it.

It's called DLC, you dummy

>upgrade to the premium version
>it's a subscription based upgrade
>paying money every year just to play solitaire

I wonder if there was anyone stupid enough to do it.

>Pay for OS
who pay for Win?

>paying for an OS

>unironically using windows 10 over a pirated windows 7 copy that never bothers you with notifications or updates

I got it for free hehe

>tfw uninstalled the prebuilt games as soon as I saw the first ad
>programmed my own minesweeper because I still wanted to play those games
Almost wrote solitaire too before I realized I'd have to do card dragging and shit.

or you could just download windows XP\7 version of preinstalled games

>2017
>Using any Windows product
Only cucks and >>Sup Forums does this

Why did everyone start using "gratis" instead of free, is it because the free as in freedom?

I use Windows Server 2016. No ads and was "free" from dreamspark :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre

Unironically using a bitcoin miner + botnet over just botnet

>Not pirating windows
Are you a soccer mom?

This is the best timeline senpai.
In the other there's WW3, trust me im a time traveller.

>Amazon Moto G4
Oh god, thanks for reminding me this exists really
Fucking disgusting tbqh fām

Okay, so it's because the free as on freedom.

Yes, it's because the English word "free" can have different meanings while "gratis" and "libre" both only have one definition.

>microcock switching to subscription service from retail
>mfw they're following the cancerous microtransactions that's been plaguing mobile and pc gaming since the last couple years

Fug.

Yeah, it just feels weird seeing it in English for me since gratis is the word meaning free(gratis) in Swedish. And since it's not so often used in English it feels like it's a Swedish word just thrown in, which feels weird to read.

gratis also means free in romanian

Yeah, probably in many languages since
>Gratis in English is adopted from the various Romance and Germanic languages
Feels weird to read for you too?

You don't even pay for the product you shill.

Why would I pay for it? Shoo Microsoft shoo

>Pay for cable
>See ads
At least Netflix got it right

Wasn't no ads the point in cable?

>get free as in freedom OS
>spend years ricing it and it's still a fragile piece of feature lacking crap software
LOL

>thank god for root
On Windows, it is typically the case that you are the root user (Administrator). Nonetheless, the OS itself serves advertisements. Think about that for a second

spotted the cuckold

GOD DAMN I'M IN THE WORST ONE
I WANT WWIII

an administrator has less rights
then the "system" layer of permissions

im uninformed on this meme explain pls

Windows 10 is spyware, M$ admitted it so and it can't be blocked. Windows 7 has been fucked over by the update bug and is too old to run on modern systems.

At this point, only option is to use Ubuntu or Windows 8.1. Dual booting them would bring a balance between AAA gayming and security.

>too old to run on modern systems.
What?

I struggled to find Windows 7 drivers for my 2014 HP. They only provided Windows 8 and 8.1 drivers. When you install Windows 7 on laptops, you often can't even use USB3.0 ports and pray that you have a DVD to install drivers.

Even if you get past that, you have to manually fix the update issue which annoys the hell out of me. It is very painful experience overall.

>update issue
huh?

>pay for tv
>get ads
ayyyy lmao

Amazon sold the moto G4 for 150usd instead of 200usd. The catch was (which amazon didn't tell about) that you would see constant ads on the lockscreen.

>Take Windows 7 install
>Mount and add 3.0 USB drivers to install
>Works on all 3.0 slots now
>Keep on specific USB drive

It's a pain, but take that step and it'll be easier.

Winblows 10
FTFY
>be me
>still use Windows 7 Dazzed

>Jewflix
>geo-blocks

>There is no escape from this corporate hellscape.
This is the warcry of millions of fatasses just sitting there not even TRYING to escape when the door has been wide fucking open for years.

Why the hell would you expect Microsoft to give you an escape? Faggots are asking for one yet following Microsoft around like a prison bitch with your cock in their hand

Just fucking use a different OS.
>hurrr but unix sux
Because nobody's using it on the desktop, so no shit it sucks. Just look how much progress it makes though behind the scenes.
If everyone switched over to Linux then your computing environment would be exactly everything you've ever wanted out of a computing environment in less than 1 years time.

Have you ever purchased a DVD? Paid for cable/satellite television? Watched a movie at a theater? Paying for ads is normal.

>Just take it up the ass
ok, thanks user

more like
>pay for cable
>get ads

>There is no escape from this corporate hellscape
install Linux while you can.

"There is no escape" is only relevant when discussing stuff like this:

libreboot.org/faq/#intelme

You cannot update Windows 7 anymore even if you have legit key. M$ knows about it but don't want to fix it to force people to use Windows 10.

You need to install an unofficial SP2 and some other updates to manually bring your system up to date.

I don't of which country you speak of, but the last time I lived in urban area with premium cable tv available (i.e. one you need to subscrise to) it did not have any commercials, except for upcoming movies and series on that channel. But again, that was in the early 90's.

>pirating windows
what is this, 2004?

This shit is so true

what the fuck was the point of cable

Can anyone confirm that they really do it in releases? Last time I remember the ads shit was from preview version and I don't have shit on my enterprise version.