Tech people

I have to type a report on someone who's dead and is either famous or infamous. I thought about Dennis Ritchie and Ian Murdock, being the tech board does any body have any suggestions on which dead tech people to write about?

>inb4 Steve faggot jobs
>inb4 not doing your homework kid

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shockley
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nypa, faggot

Thanks for the bump faglord.

Grace Hopper. If we want women in tech to stop being cancer, we need to make her their messiah instead of shitheads like Meyer.

Dennis Ritchie for sure. Make sure to mention that he was much more important than jobs yet no one gave a fuck about his death.

this reddit founder dood who heroed himself after being charged for illegal downloads

best choice

also acceptable

>forgetting uriel

richard stallman 03/04/2016

>Grace Hopper. If we want women in tech to stop being cancer,
Do it on whoever you want, deliberately choosing a woman is sexist and makes you part of the problem.

glad he is gone, gave argentina a bad name

Terry Davis

He's not dead

nice trips

I still don't understand why this faggot killed himself.

Nice logo he had the madman

Depression probably

He realized that the most harmful software was himself

Edwin Howard Armstrong

electrical engineer, inventor of FM radio,
screwed out of royalties by the courts
jumped from a 12th story window

He was upset over the Falklands

Aaron Swartz

seconded

In his defense, anyone claiming to be a "philosopher and entrepreneur" should be fucking dead.

This man so much.

His name was Aaron Swartz and he was kind of a big deal.

When did this happen, Satan?

Also, to OP, obviously Aaron Swartz

i know i watched the documentary, just couldn't remember his name

You could write about Hans Reiser's murdered wife.

Josef Mengele

His research was a major breakthrough for medical technology. He was one of the few SS that were neither captured nor committed suicide.

The word "sexist" itself is more cancerous than anything any person of any gender has ever done to the tech industry.

Whenever anyone uses this word, the actual conversation dies because now everyone is too focused on how "#triggered xD" everyone else is to get anything productive done.

Incidentally, I second Grace Hopper just because of how fucking badass that woman was. I want her on US currency.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shockley

William Bradford Shockley Jr. (/ˈʃɑːkli/; February 13, 1910 – August 12, 1989) was an American physicist and inventor. Shockley was the manager of a research group that included John Bardeen and Walter Brattain. The three scientists invented the point-contact transistor in 1947 and were jointly awarded the 1956 Nobel Prize in Physics.

Shockley's attempts to commercialize a new transistor design in the 1950s and 1960s led to California's "Silicon Valley" becoming a hotbed of electronics innovation. In his later life, Shockley was a professor of electrical engineering at Stanford University and became a proponent of eugenics.[1][2]

>Not Alan Turing

Ada Lovelace. You can angle the essay however you want, too, from "she did cool things and there's a programming language named after her!" to full-on, "muh straight white males stole her ideas because they are inferior to a strong black woman who don't need no man".

schwartz would be interesting but it would probably be pretty difficult to write impartially.

turing would be a good option. loads of information

also not CS but Hugh Everett III could be interesting

aaron swartz is a nice choice.
Turing could also work, although he was a faggot I think.

have you ever had to use debian??

Steve Jobs.

Shockley was an asshole. His only claim to silicon valley was being so much of an asshole that the team he hired to work with him all quit and started up on their own.

Honestly that sounds like it would be a fun paper to write. "Shockley - Portrait of an Asshole".

Was he the hacker who cracked pdf or something and was persecuted by a DA until he anherod?

If not then that guy who was, is my vote.

Had to use? I -got- to use Debian. It was sweet.

Then NSA/systemd happened and hardware failed to init.

Upgraded to Devuan and everything is sweet again. . .

Aaron Swartz

>Ada Lovelace
>stronk black wymmyn
u wot m8?

Also the whole "first computer programmer" is a bit disputable. What she did was to get that title was write algorithms for Babbage's Analytical Engine, a machine that existed only on paper; its construction was never completed.

Also, algorithms were written and used well before that. In fact, the word "algorithm" comes from the 8th century Persian mathematician Al-Kwarizmi, whose name was translated as Algoritmi in Latin.

What is the criteria of the people you should write about?
If you want a more exciting paper, write about Seth Rich
He didn't influence technology in any way, but he leaked some emails, which then sparked a national debate about hacking and his death impacted the US election.

It is controversial, it is new and it will be more fun to write about than whatever you were supposed to write about.

Babbage's machine did work once a copy made from the design was created.