>Not owning a Sony Wega Trinitron

>WEGA
Look, an American poorfag

>all those articles
What the flying fuck? This is "Alternative Facts" Level of bullshit

this

>listed under opinion
>most read

this is people's fault not media or politics. you want to make this better? educate and correct people around you IRL not on the internet.

>WEGA

literal poo

>Visibly horrible contrast

>Grey display even when the TV is off
Fucking disgusting.

what makes it so gr8

The Kuro, while using the same tech, looked cooler. The images were so silky smooth

I had a 35'' Trinitron once. Heaviest TV ever made.
400+lbs.

what makes it so gr8

>Heaviest TV ever made.
>400+lbs.
did your mum buy it out of feelings of kinship? (because she's fat?)

Make shit up on the internet.
Mom gets insulted.
Guess I had it coming.

i'm just kidding user i'm sure she's lovely

What model?

Even the 40XBR800 is only ~300 pounds.

The KV-3000R is probably like 500 pounds, but that's a fancy console, so not really a fair comparison.

One of the most technically impressive sets, sure. But I would not regard it as "the finest" due to the inability to accurately render many older televisions with the appropriate color due to differences in color processing over the years as well as slight differences in the NTSC/U and NTSC/J systems.

What is the finest television ever made, you ask? Hmm, difficult question. I'll have to get back to you on it. But I will tell you it will likely be a lot older than this one.

The heaviest single CRT I know of is a Mitsubishi Megaview AM
4201 which is an absolute goliath. There were probably some even larger which were used as components of the various "jumbo tron" systems in use in the late 20th century.

>colour accuracy
>when talking about Never The Same Colour
kek

photo of the AM 4201

This is not just a tv, it's multi-sync monitor with many advanced features and a very high resolution for its time. Theoretically it would accept HDTV resolutions up to 1080i or even higher if the correct modeline is supplied. These days they find more use as a retro gaming monitor. Which is a shame seeing as they are near the ultimate for watching 4:3 television shows.

As someone who still has one, I cannot justify replacing it. Even my basement TV is a new 4K HDR and it can't hold a candle to the Panasonic for overall real color and blacks. I go out and look and every time I say fuck it.

>tfw family had a Mitsubishi similar to that one
It died however. So sad.

There are still differences in decoding and color processing even within the variety of NTSC.

I had a 24" trinitron monitor, it was the shit, as sharp as the nicest LCD I have now. So heavy it broke my fucking arm when I dropped it while moving it down a flight a steps. 180lbs rolling down the stairs has quite the impact when you try to grab it with one hand.

Your family probably had a very nice 32" or 36" Mitsubishi television but it would have been a far cry from the abilities of the AM 4201. The 4201 supports RGBHV video over BNC connections and very fine control over a dozen aspects of the image a normal television would not have. It's a video production monitor and even for being gigantic could be calibrated to be extremely accurate.

One downside to the big presentation monitors: FANS

A lot of people buy these things but don't realize they have several loud cooling fans that run constantly while the set is powered on. If you want to watch your movie in silence other than the soundtrack these are a no-go.

>tfw no thrift store gf

Is anyone going to elaborate on why this thing is so great?

>no fake woodgrain
Its shit.

Real woodgrain is best woodgrain.

>televisions will never again be this beautiful

>televisions will never again irradiate you with this much radiation

>falling for the radiation meme

>Not knowing how CRTs work.
This is Sup Forums in 2020 - 3

Jesus that thing must be over 200lbs

>AM 4201

I found it

Weight 275.6 lbs