When will desktop Linux get its Steve Jobs?

When will desktop Linux get its Steve Jobs?

Someone with a revolutionary vision to make Linux an operating system easy and pleasing enough for people to just jump into; someone who can really engage and tap into the mainstream consumer market and captivate them into the world of Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

solus-project.com/
lists.suckless.org/dev/1408/23366.html
raspberrypi.org/blog/pixel-pc-mac/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't want Steve Jobs in my Linux, thank you.

We don't want our secret club to become mainstream sorry

When will some visionary genius grow desktop linux's 1.5% market share to 2%.

ubuntu tries to do that, but "muh sekrit club" mentality is the cancer of linux. too many distros and shit. It's like tumblr and their genders, they are too many. linux is the /lgbt/ of the personal computing, they just don't want to acknowledge that there are two options: windows or mac.

>When will desktop Linux get its Steve Jobs?
Never, because desktop computing is finished and bankrupt.

Elementary OS is moving in that direction. What would it take to make Elementary OS as good as Mac OS? Besides being preinstalled.

optimization, stability
ideally their own hardware

Linux does not need someone to dumb down the UI and remove all the functionality so that adult children can play with the flashy picture box. Fuck off.

Desktop Linux had 2% a decade ago, and the margin shrank to 1.5%.

Great work Torvalds and Stallman.

>OH SHIT HE CAN ACTUALLY CODE

>he doesn't use the command line
user

Its already eating up major market shares. the various linux distros have never had this much popularity, it is reaching new records every day.

>all desktop environments and window managers will cease to exist because a popular distro uses something else
Do you even know how the free software community works?
And what "functionality" and "dumbing down" are you even talking about anyway? Pointless configuration bullshit only dumbshits who use aesthetics as a crutch to feel productive care about?

The Linux ecosystem is comprised of 3 kinds of people; working people who contribute to projects in their spare time, autistic NEETS who either fuck things up or spew hatred on forums and finally clueless people who just want to see what 'Linnex' is.

How the fuck can you unite this kind of ecosystem? You can't, its not meant to be united. Its meant to be exactly as it is, just fucking chaos for the average person but decent and very useful if you know what you're doing.

Besides

It kind of already happened. There's not a vast difference between macOS and Linux in terms of core functionality and capability. Windows remains the designated video game machine/casual $400 Walmart laptop OS. If you have any self respect, use anything other than Windows.

Already happened. It's called the Windows Subsystem for Linux.

They would need to convince Adobe and a few other big names to port to Linux and then sell workstations geared for professional use. You can't penetrate the home desktop market without first going through the professional market.

Based Salty Nutella.

I'm still waiting for OSX to get its Stallman...

Too bad you autists rejected him and his idea

we already do. his name is Ikey Doherty
solus-project.com/

>muh amazon botnet

Some faggot can't grow up.

can't seem to find the botnet on my 16.10 install, please guide me

>t. kevin

Oh, Poettering tried. Too bad he's an arrogant asshole. There's certainly something wrong with German programmers. Ulrich Drepper is also another arrogant asshole.

And the Suckless team while we're at it. Their mailing list is batshit insane. lists.suckless.org/dev/1408/23366.html Bunch of Linus wannabees without the technical acumen.

>There's certainly something wrong with German programmers
at least they get shit done

unlike you, they don't spend their entire days on a Mongolian basket weaving forum shitposting

>he's an arrogant asshole
wow, he's perfect for being the second jobs then...

>Commercialize Linux
Redhat is as far as I go

Richard Stallman will be arrested and executed by Donald Trump for promoting communist software. In his martyrdom, a GPL revolution will overthrow Trump and his corporate cronies and we will finally have the year of the Linux desktop.

LINUX

>yfw linus already ran them off to BSD

I think you're talking about Pixel, OP.
raspberrypi.org/blog/pixel-pc-mac/