FUCK YOU SJW://a YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKERS

FUCK YOU SJW://a YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKERS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/
downthemall.net/re-downthemall-and-webextensions-or-why-why-i-am-done-with-mozilla/
reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/5klz13/once_firefox_prevents_us_from_installing_legacy/dc50t61/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/issues/176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/
>Firefox 57, we’ll move to WebExtensions exclusively, and will stop loading any other extension types on desktop
Thats it lads. Five more releases before furryfucks ceases to have reason to exist

What does this mean?

It means that all the extensions that were keeping firefox alive will stop working. In favor of them cloning chromium and using the exact same extension model.

If addon devs haven't moved on by the end of the year, they were too lazy to keep developing anyway.

Welp, off to the many Firefox forks I go!

RIP Firefox, you've served me well.
Time to write a wget script that mails web pages to my emacs' e-mail client.

F

It looks like another major developer completely snapped.

downthemall.net/re-downthemall-and-webextensions-or-why-why-i-am-done-with-mozilla/

How good is Pale Moon?

hahahaha holy shit how can you get any worse

Mediocre.

f

>SJW
Good argument about addons but the SJW part is pointless and should be avoided. The removal of XUL extensions is pointless, and I think a fork will arrise.

Well, I'm not entirely happy with the UI for seamonkey. I think I'll give some terminal editors a try.

Yeah, extensions were the one thing that made Firefox worth using. No reason not to use Chromium when Firefox 57 arrives. What's Sup Forums's current consensus on Chromium clones? Is Iridium still the best?

>HURR FUCK U MOZILLA I DONT WANNA REWRITE MY ADSONS WITH THIS TECHONOLOGY THAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE AND I MOST LIKELY USE ANYWAYS

>guys, we need to get rid of Flash. It's insecure, slow, lacks portability and doesn't do anything that HTML5 + JS can't do anyways. LOL @ those grumpy dinosaurs and those XIX-century websites that refuse to join us, the civilized world, in the magnificent future that the new web technologies bring

Fuck you guys.

I wouldn't rewrite them if they paid me

fuck fireshit

Not using it because you don't like them originally shoving politics down your throat is not the same thing as refusing to use it for political reasons. You would have had a leg to stand on if mozilla never was shoving politics in firefox.

SeaMonkey

Half of the most popular/staple FF extensions don't even work with E10S, either alone or amidst a cocktail of other extensions, with devs operating under the mindset that it's a """bleeding-edge""" feature, the Imagezoom faggot has me blocked because I kept reminding him that his shit's absolutely fucked with E10S enabled. This happened after 2 years of reminding him with no changes or acknowledgement whatsoever

E10S has existed for a long fucking time, extension devs have always been worthless when it comes to major beneficial changes that mean you have to put forth actual effort

I see nothing wrong with this. Do you want vulnerabilities in your software?

You don't have anything to rewrite.

You're right, I get paid to write for gaygle now

Vivaldi, Iridium, ungoogled thingy, whatever. Anyway, why, for what reason did Mozilla go insane.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The mark of reddit.

Jesus Christ, when will thiseme die?

If Mozilla was really a SJW company, they would have fired that retard Eich ages ago. Instead, they named him the fucking CEO of the company and then, when the Tumblrinas started whining because of his anti-gay shit, Mozilla asked him to step down and offered him a new job.

They HAD to change the CEO to not damage their brand. This is the same thing any foundation or company would have done.

>staple FF extensions
UMatrix and uBlock Origin work fine.

>not damage their brand
>down to 10% marketshare and basically saying no more addons without our gay ass shit

>Vivaldi
>using a closed-source browser

Firefox needs to change. Gecko is a clusterfuck.

They've been working for years to create a new engine and offer certain things like sandboxing.

All this rewriting WILL break a lot of the extensions anyway, so these whiny """"developers""""" can go fuck themselves.

XUL particularly has to die because Webextensions allow to sandbox each extension separately, as well as manage their permissions.

Ahoy, Vivaldi is open-source now, it's not under GPL though.

>Take away low level APIs
>Implement a walled garden
I am sorry but no, having powerful add-ons and good customization is more important than protecting some idiot who tries to install, "facebook_account_hacker_not_a_virus.xpi" and then whines about getting what he deserved.

RIP Firefox

You can still install dev edition or nightly if you want to install whatever

Thanks. I'll test drive Iridium first.

Developers have a right to be angry, there are some add-ons that can never function on only WebExtentions. Mozilla giving special treatment to certain developers is not helping this either.

Chromium rules

So what is the argument against firefox using webextensions and dropping XUL? Why is it okay for IE/Edge to adopt webextensions but when Mozilla tries to people complain and insist that they must use a highly complex and insecure nonstandard that is not even portable between different versions of firefox?

I use Cyberfox

So what, Mozilla is going to support 2 entirely different extension APIs at the same time, but keep one locked to some dev edition and Nightly? That doesn't sound plausible, as in it sounds like it will never ever happen.

They fucking tell all developers to rewrite their addons to work with e10s, and then later announced that it's was all for nothing and waste of time and energy because they will drop all of it altogether, and throwing other shit too.

thats only for unsigned extensions.
Exactly, they aren't.

It's steel proprietary.

Webextensions are supposed to finally resolve the breakages that addon devs complain about. It's not compatible with the old addon model by design, the old model was fucking shit.

WebExtensions are stable APIs they do not change suddenly. The old addons relied on the internals of Gecko which were constantly changing. It's a bit like building a house without a stable foundation.

Then why they forced to work for nothing on old addons if they gonna remove it anyway? What that fuss around e10s was about if Webextensions supports it by default? It's was about old addons that is gonna be dropped soon after.

Damn, this extension was the best reason to use FF

>not using chromium
maybe botnet but at least my botnet is not genderfluid

Iridimium is nice, but they still haven't fixed bug from Chromium 54 which blocks all sites with Symantec certs as "untrusted"

They built addons on a shaky foundation and even despite that they've been maintaining the addons through breakage after breakage. Mozilla is trying to help these devs by giving them a proper API to build their addons against for once so they don't have to do that anymore and they're even helping them port their addons over and taking suggestions for APIs to include to make it easier.

Nothing about this is easy.

WebExtensions appears to be a new project designed to make it easier for devs to port addons over to e10s. It was made afterward probably in response to the amount of breakage caused by e10s.

>not using palemoon

what extensions do you use that don't support e10s?

don't use that castrated piece of shit palemoon and move to waterfox

But's all gonna be high level API shit, developers need low level APs like DownThemAll.

And none of their system addons is webextensions yet, why? Because it's shit.

>twitch
>reddit
>stylish botnet
get out

Water fox is going to stop supporting them as well you dumb nigger. Its not even a proper fork. Its just compiled by someone else with different flags but nothing added.

The APIs aren't complete yet but I think the developer tools are in the process of being converted to a webextension. Mozilla ultimately wants to break firefox up into a whole bunch of webextensions so that they can update the browser faster.

Wrong.
reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/5klz13/once_firefox_prevents_us_from_installing_legacy/dc50t61/
inb4 plebbit

You miss the point, It's mozilla don't want maintaince burden, they didn't do it for addon developers.

all we need is a fork that can use fucking html5 so youtube fucking works, then firefox is dead and the rise of a new big browser will begin

>twitch
a platform with variety of content
>reddit
a platform with variety of content
>stylish botnet
no alternative, there is some stylish fork without botnet but only on chrome (LOL)

Seamonkey supports html5, all checks passed on youtube. e10s seems to be there too, and no sight of filthy webextensions i assume.

WebExtensions doesn't have the low level access needed for some add-ons to function, so some add-ons can never be ported nor replaced.

Mozilla keeps promising major developers who fall in this camp low level APIs to keep their add-ons working, but fail to prove they are committed to keeping that promise.

Meanwhile; Mozilla goes out of their way to redesign Firefox to make sure Firefox is completely compatible with the add-ons of certain developers, so the whole "less maintenance" thing is bullshit. NoScript is a prime example of Firefox bending over backwards for a developer in this manner.

but there is a stylish alternative

They probably did it for both really. Addon devs don't have to complain about updates breaking constantly and Mozilla doesn't have to be as mindful of addons when making large changes in Gecko.

google redirects fixer
watch with mpv
no enumerable extensions
quick context search
secret agent
add to search bar
febe
skip adf.ly

most of these can be replaced by generic extensions or js userscripts

go ahead and name them then

Wait.....they're forcing webextensions in 57?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING

There was no complaining before, but now they are telling them that old addons will be dropped, but still continuing to break it even more. Now they complaining.

So what replaces Classic Theme Restorer in making the browser not look like Australis/Chrome

ublock, umatrix, greasemonkey, random agent spoofer

This is probably the final straw for me. I'll wait and see what stops working but I'm pretty sure most of my addons other than UBlock Origin are fucked.

At that point no reason not to fuck off to Chromium.

I already use all of these, along with what I listed. How does any of the the former replace the latter, you cocksucking nigger?

classic theme restorer supports e10s on my waterfox no problem, see >no reason not to fuck off to Chromium
no customization whatsoever
shit ui

if you cannot write a simple js script that replcaes google redirects then I'm not gonna spoonfeed you, because you are a fucking retard and gonna fuck it up anyway and then blame me

Compact themes (Developer Edition theme)

Classic Theme Restorer isn't going to work with WebExtensions so there's about to be no customization and a shit UI in FF too

But it's not webextensions so it's soon to be dead.

we were talking about not support E10S, not webextensions

as I said, the fix for lack of normal addons are forks (I prefer waterfox) which will support non-web extensions

>random agent spoofer
Except this one. I stopped using it more than a year ago when I realized all the strings are massively outdated and it has some of the worst UX even among autistic firefox addons

>most of these can be replaced by generic extensions or js userscripts
>most
>implying I haven't tried several scripts and addons and all of them failed to stay up to date with jewgle

waterfox is the ONLY fork that has said it's sticking with normal addons, and it remains to be seen how long that goes for, because Mozilla is probably going to really start fucking things up

ungoogled-chromium is the answer, contains iridium patches too

Firefox is open source, fork it instead of complaining you lazy ass fucks.

forks are just going to run ESR, for the next few years you have nothing to worry about, until then many things can happen maybe even a new good browser

Works for me.

All this proves is that watershit is going to be a worse palememe.
At least with palemoon you don't need classic theme restorer.

*forks behind you*

Fuck, SJW Mozilla is so mean to white male enthusiast add-ons developers

We could also just fork the addons and make them e10s compatible! And while we're at it we can fork osmand and turn it into google maps, or fork gimp and turn it into photoshop. Fuck I fucking love freedom.

And get another shit like Pale Moon? Thanks, but no.

Didn't it stop getting maintained?

then stop complaining.

No.

>stop complaining, you can just fork the thing!
>no we can't
>then stop complaining

It's well and alive
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

> 55
> chromium 56 was released days ago
It's fucking dead

stick it up you ass.

>muh shiny new version
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/issues/176

Looks like ForkFox will get a 68th fork now