Recently bought a Dell inspiron 15700 7559 on sale...

Recently bought a Dell inspiron 15700 7559 on sale. Since it's advertised as a "gaming laptop" i tried playing some shit on it but even on 20% cpu load the fans would keep going crazy and the cpu temperature would be around 70-75C (never went above 80). I tried looking this shit up but couldn't get a straight answer, so basically should i be worried about this or not?

how're your GPU temps?

Even on high load of nearly 80% they would sit around 50-60C. It's the CPU that's giving me problems.

Do I buy the 2016 XPS 13 with the i5 and 8gb of ram and 256gb sad?

its because you have 4k display with a 960m you fucking norime RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also as i said the GPU seems to be fine. Even if im not doing something that causes load on the GPU , the CPU sometimes overheats for no reason

What CPU do you have? One of those i5 or i7 U series chips? It could be turbo boost causing it. The U series i3s and i5s are actually exactly the same chip, but the i5 has turbo boost. The i7 is the same, but the turbo boost goes higher and there's a bit more cache.

Should have got an i3. Or try disabling turbo boost, if that's possible.

It's an i7-6700HQ 2.6ghz with the turbo boost it goes up to 3.5. I considered this might be the problem but i don't even know why it's going in to boost mode since the load says it's only about 20-30%. Then again some people said that 70C should be completely fine for this processor but i'm not really sure since i haven't had experience with it yet.

How old are you like 12? Cpu gets warm= fan blows. Pretty fucking simple.

I'm actually 13 :^)
Also if you took the time to read my post you would find out that my concern is if these temperatures are too much for this CPU. Doesn't really have anything to do with the fan

>I'm actually 13 :^)

Doesn't matter if you're joking kid it's time for the ban.

Again, when the cpu gets warm the fan blows. Try puting ice cubes under your laptop to make it cool. Should work.

>Recently bought a Dell inspiron 15700 7559 on sale. Since it's advertised as a "gaming laptop" i tried playing some shit on it but even on 20% cpu load the fans would keep going crazy and the cpu temperature would be around 70-75C (never went above 80). I tried looking this shit up but couldn't get a straight answer, so basically should i be worried about this or not?
Have you formatted it after you got it?
Did you take a look at the power saving settings?
Tried to check if anything is hogging your cpu from task manager hint (windows anti malware service)
Have you tried to buy an external fan?

Sure thing, senpai

Seriously though, take your, play a 1080p video and ask yourself," why is this warm?".

Based by the fact that it's an i7-6700HQ I think you're fine. If you're gaming and it's not crossing 80C then you're fine.
It's a nice laptop btw. Buddy of mine recently bought a similar dell (i5/gtx960) and I think it looks great, hope you enjoy it.

>Have you formatted it after you got it?
Yes, because it had only ubuntu installed and i wanted a dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu.

>Did you take a look at the power saving settings?
I have them set to "maximum performance" or whatever it is. So cooling policy is on active and maximum cpu frequency is 100% when plugged in.

>Tried to check if anything is hogging your cpu from task manager hint (windows anti malware service)
Literally nothing .

>Have you tried to buy an external fan?
Im considering it but im not sure if i should be worried about the temps im getting right now.

Take your phone, typo.

Thanks, user. I was considering getting the i5 version but as i said this one was on sale

> (You)
>>Have you formatted it after you got it?
>Yes, because it had only ubuntu installed and i wanted a dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu.
>>Did you take a look at the power saving settings?
>I have them set to "maximum performance" or whatever it is. So cooling policy is on active and maximum cpu frequency is 100% when plugged in.
>>Tried to check if anything is hogging your cpu from task manager hint (windows anti malware service)
>Literally nothing .
>>Have you tried to buy an external fan?
>Im considering it but im not sure if i should be worried about the temps im getting right now.
To continue, make sure that when you put max performance mode, you haven't set the "Cpu minimum" to 100%, put it back to default otherwise.
Try to open the pc and make sure there's no dust bunnies blocking any fan or slowing it down

bumping for ban

> make sure that when you put max performance mode, you haven't set the "Cpu minimum" to 100%, put it back to default otherwise.
Minimum is at 10% i believe that's the default.

>Try to open the pc and make sure there's no dust bunnies blocking any fan or slowing it down
I'm pretty sure the fans are operating as intended. My desk is generally pretty clean and the laptop is new so i doubt there's dust. I guess i might invest in a cooling pad anyway

>Try to open the pc and make sure there's no dust bunnies blocking any fan or slowing it down
OP recently bought that, he would have to live in a chimney with a family of 3 chain smokers to get it clogged

Do it, phaggot

>Gaming laptop gets warm
Well what the fuck did you expect? Just make sure you get it cleaned every 6 months or so.

Also, it probably won't last much more than three years. Still think it was a good idea?

Those CPU temps sound normal to me. 100c or more would be out of line.

Use headphones while gaming to get past the fan noise.

Make sure to clean out its fan of dust every few months, usually by taking off the back cover and blowing at it, or with canned air.