/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>tfw pajeets outed themselves as faggots
AMD is now officially AutisticMicroDick and we have to chose who we give our money to:
The flamboyant pajeet rolling in his rainbow poo, or the eternal Juden that is Intel.

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/
>Subsitute a G4560 with 2400MHz RAM for the i3-6100 in any build; same performance, half the price.
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build without a Z mobo
>Consider a B150 or H110 mobo for any i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Great" tier build

General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL
>Outdated, does not including info about 200 series chipsets

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/c9Dgqk
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Cx8gqk
pcpartpicker.com/list/2s9mQV
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fNRP9W
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution
amazon.com/Toshiba-Cache-6-0Gb-Internal-DT01ACA100/dp/B008KXFEZK
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/9h6tr7
pcpartpicker.com/list/pFKtr7
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I have a GTX970 right now and it's fine now.
However, I might soon upgrade to 4K since my current monitor has low dpi (1080p@27") and as I usually play at less than an arm's length most games look like crap.

My budget is around €300 which is around $250 in the US. I need 120+fps at 4K in CSGO and 60+fps at at least 1440p in other games like BeamNG.

Some of my options:
>Sell 970 and get used 980/980Ti
>Sell 970 and get new 1070
>Get another used 970

Rest of the pc is a [email protected], 24GB ram and a CX750M.

Any last words?

www.pcpartpicker.com/list/dvs8zM

>no SSD
>meme keyboard
>no AC wifi
>overpriced case
>cheapest mobo one can find
There you go.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/c9Dgqk

I need some help finding a monitor to compliment this setup.

HARD MODE: In fucking Australia

That 212X is going to cook your 7600K, especially in hot straya. The case is overpriced and not worth it imho and replace the NEX with a SeaSonic G or EVGA G2/3.
Your keyword is also overpriced meme trash and looks like rubber dome, there should be better options available, even where you live.
>monitor
What kind of monitor you emunigger, otherwise i will recommend you a 30 year old 15" CRT monitor.

Budgets exist. 120 GB SSD isn't even worth it. What's the point on gaming on a fast computer, with only 3 games on it?
Also not a meme keyboard, you're poor. Some of us don't live in one story crack dens, we like being connected to wifis a mile away.

Cucked

>is on budget
>buys retarded meme keyboard
>calls others poor
>gets offended after getting a useful answer to his question
So you're just some autistic underage retard with absolute shti decision making.

I still have an R9 280 (rebranded 7950). I can get 40-50 FPS on mid-high on most games still. Is it worth upgrading to a 1060/1070 or should I stick with what I have until the next round of cards come out?

>no SSD
SSDs are a necessity. Get a cheap 120GB one at least.
>ASRock mobo
ASRock mobos are know to fail a lot.
>H110 mobo
You need a B150 for an i5-6500 to work at full speed.
>Not 3000MHz RAM
3000MHz+ RAM will give you a huge FPS boost.
>Single channel RAM
Always 2x4GB (or 2xAnything). Always.
>MicroATX mobo and full ATX tower
It's going to look retarded when you put it all together.
>Only b/g/n wifi
Enjoy your shit speeds on your poorfag wifi card.
>Overpriced keyboard
Get something cheaper that fits your need and put the money towards stuff in this build that actually matters, like the stuff listed above.

So what about the mobo? You should always get the cheapest one that meets your needs.

>3000MHz+ RAM will give you a huge FPS boost.
No, it's not

See from last thread.

>That 212X is going to cook your 7600K

well shit that's annoying - I just happened to have one lying around and hoped it would suffice

I'm waiting for the H7 to become available but I fear it will never happen

know any good replacements? I don't really go nuts overclocking CPU, I mainly fuck with the video card the most

>The case is overpriced and not worth it imho

I was actually starting to think I should just get a normal mid tower. Any suggestions?

>replace the NEX with a SeaSonic G or EVGA G2/3

I'll see what I can find. Fully and semi-modular PSUs are a pain in the dick to hunt for in Aus.

>Your keyword is also overpriced meme trash

I'll try looking outside of pcpartpicker, it's pretty limited there.

Anyway this monitor seems alright.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Cx8gqk

Alright well these threads are mainly dirty weeaboos who live off welfare, it was my mistake coming here. goodbye, cuckboys

>hoped it would suffice
It will, but don't hope for reasonable OC with this, especially not during hot summer days.
Would be enough on Skylake though, but Kaby Lake runs hotter due to Intel being jews.

>know any good replacements? I don't really go nuts overclocking CPU
Anything from Noctua, Be Quiet Dark Rocks, Cryorig H/R series, etc. but if you don't plan on high OC you should be fine. Maybe consider 6500/7500 instead.

>a normal mid tower
Fractal Design Define, Be Quiet Silent Base, Nanoxia Deep Silence, Deepcool Tesseract, Thermaltake Versa, Cooler Master N.

Monitor is fine, we use the 1080p version at work, but no idea how it's for gaymen.

Goodbye, underage nigger.

Is this a good build for $500?
pcpartpicker.com/list/2s9mQV

That motherboard isn't going to work with that CPU unless you have another Skylake CPU you can use. Get a 1050ti and a B250 motherboard instead.

I can afford to swap for a b250 motherboard is that the only reason to change to the 1050ti or is the performance a lot better per price?

Just got a 4k monitor

How do i get rid of black bars?

Running on 4096 x 2160
GTX 970

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fNRP9W

good semi-fully modular PSUs are pretty much non-existent here anymore

The NH-D14 is good, but see if you can get a NH-D15 or NH-U14S.
XFX TS is good, although not top tier. Seasonic G or EVGA G2/3 or Super Flower Leadex are not available?
Imho you should get a mechanical keyword, but that's subjective i guess. Your R4 case is ok, but the R5 is updated and better, see if you can get it.
Also think about adding 1-2 fans to the case. 2 intake 1 exhaust is usually the sweet spot.

run at 3840x2160

There are two main 4K resolution standards:
The DCI 4K resolution standard, which has a resolution of 4096 × 2160 pixels (256:135, approximately a 1.9:1 aspect ratio). This standard is widely respected by the film and video production industry.[5] The DCI 4K standard has twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of DCI 2K.
UHD-1, or ultra-high-definition television (UHDTV), is the 4K standard for television and computer monitors. UHD-1 is also called 2160p[6][7] since it has twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of 1080p.[6] It has a resolution of 3840 × 2160 (16:9, or approximately a 1.78:1 aspect ratio). UHD-1 is used in consumer television and other media, e.g. video games.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

dont forget to keep breathing

I could get an i7-7000 and replace the stock cooler with the Cooler Master I already have, and it will cost a little less than getting an NH-D15 for the i5-7600k

also those PSUs are unavailable

Do you need the HT? If not it's wasted money.

>i7-7000

i7-7700 even

HT?

>120 GB SSD isn't even worth it
>meme keyboard is tho
top cuck

Hyperthreading. It's usually not something games profit from.

nah that's absolutely pointless
just get an i5-7600 and use your current hsf

post benchmarks

I'm kind of getting annoyed at having to delete shit off my harddrive all the time, so I'm thinking of buying another one. Does toshiba make good HDDs? Been eyeing this one:
amazon.com/Toshiba-Cache-6-0Gb-Internal-DT01ACA100/dp/B008KXFEZK

>ram
>huge FPS boost

>hyperthreading
>not something games profit from

all this bait

>Does toshiba make good HDDs?
Toshibas entry consumer drives are decent. I suggest you buy the far better Toshiba P300 or X300.

Most games still don't profit from more cores/threads to justify the $100 premium over an i5 if you're on a budget.

P300 seems a bit steep in price desu, It's mostly for video storage. How much of an improvement are they really?

A friend just told me had had a spare H7, fuck yes.

ahh yeah seems a little overkill I guess

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/9h6tr7

Does anyone here have the Strix Z270E motherboard from Asus?

If so, would you happen to know if that light can be turned off, at least when the pc is turned off?

I sleep in the same room as my pc, and that light is far too bright.

> first world problems

RX 470 4 gb or 1060 3 gb? I know the 1060 performs better now but which one is more future proof? It's for 720p.

>SSDs are a necessity.
No, they're a luxury you fucking retard.

Only like 3-7fps increase if your GPU is garbage. If you have a good GPU then the benefit of faster RAM is that you can alt+tab more smoothly and have nice benchmarks but faster RAM doesn't really add more to a game or other programs.

You should learn about the shit you post rather then give other anons shit for your stupidity.

forgot picture

They do improve, but if it's just for storage of meme webms and shit it's not worth imho.

>au.pcpartpicker.com/list/9h6tr7
Looks gud.

>SSDs are a luxury
>better get some meme keyboard tho

The RX will do better in DX12 gaming, so that's your future proof. But I would spring for a 8GB RX if I could. Although I'm not too sure how long it'll take for DX12 games to become more prevalent since there's only a handful of DX12 games I can think of, like BF1, Hitman and Forza.

I am excited for Zen but I cannot wait for everything and am just going to build my new system with an 8350, am I truly stupid? (P.S. I want to install win7 and not shitty win8 or spyware10)

The memeboard was just stupid and another user already explained that, no one explained why the faster RAM and SSD were something anons on a budget don't need. Also
>You need a B150 for an i5-6500 to work at full speed.
I mean come on, that's just autism.

nice kb/mouse choice

>Intel i-5

lol intel. anyway, this might be too much if you are on a budget. Maybe a i3 instead?

>dat mobo

don't. Please do not cheap out on your mobo. Buy something good, at least 150 dollary-doos from a good manufaturer like gigabyte, asus, or msi.

>1x ram
get 2x4. I don't know much about DDR4 after that.

>mechanical drive

if you are on a budget, i understand this, but if you can, try to also get a 120 gb SSD for your OS to boot off of.

Or instead, get a large capacity SSD, remember, nowadays you can keep most of your PC games on the cloud and don't need to install anything you are not activly playing.

>RX 480
you could save money if you got a 470, or even a 1050 ti

>Wireless adapter
just connect with a lan connection. why do people do this? do you live with people that think wires are ugly? re-route it. Wi-Fi is for dumb normies and libraries.

case and PSU are fine and that is a nice keyboard but I would just cheap out on that and put that money toward a better case.

>improper link
>those shitty parts

this is quality bait

Just posting here to say that the user saying a hyper 212 isn't good enough for a 7600k is a retard. I overclocked my old Phenom 2 by 1ghz on the same 212 I use now. If you already have a 212, you should never buy another cooler so long as you can still use it, or you really want to get the maximum overclocked possible, which really isn't necessary for everyday use anyway.

The one I have is brand new too. I got it as a secret Santa last year. Thought I may as well make use of it. Also no, I won't be pushing the CPU that much.

I want to get a H110 instead of a 212 because I'm tired of having a giant metal thing in my computer but...that price difference. I can't do it, I'll feel like an asshole, especially since I don't OC.

I think that's fine, but you should keep in mind that it's an aesthetic decision. That other user is saying a 212 doesn't perform well, but it does. As long as you actually know why you're doing it, I think it's ok.

Got all my stuff on a nearly 7 years old 2TB hdd from Western Digital.

Are my stuff living on borrowed time, or am I ok? I used some tool to check how it was doing, and it said it was healthy, but I also heard these tools don't help much, unless it's right before it dies.

That was the only reason. Just be aware that that Pentium might bottleneck that 1060.

If you're considering rgb ram, just fucking do it. trust me.

back it up sempai, get another 2tb drive and back it up.

looks cool.

You have no idea man.
I wish I had a professional camera to share this shit.

This is my first build and its amazing.

>the eternal Juden that is Intel

Where does this meme come from, because Intel is neither owned nor managed by Jews?

It's pretty much mostly owned and managed by Americans, last time I've checked.

They have a factory in Israel, but they have factories in many other countries (most factories are in the USA, one in China, one in Ireland and one in Israel).

So it's far from being an Israeli or Jewish business, unless you mean that in a figurative way.

Get rid of meme KB and buy a 8gb 480 instead. It's like 40 bucks more.

How new are you?

How did I do?

>its not jewish if everything it does is jewish but it doesnt do this at the behest of israel

Get an 8GB RX480.

If I'm overclocking why would I want to incrementally increase the core voltage when the clock speed gets to high rather than just maxing the voltage straight away, and then pushing the clock as much as it can go.

>4gb gpu

stop

Why would I pay another $50+ for an extra 2 - 3 frames at best?

pcpartpicker.com/list/pFKtr7
Ayyyy Sup Forumsooks, I live in USA, going for a gaming build that's capable of 144Hz at 1440p. Any tips on optimizations? Budget of $2,275, planning on keeping build for a few years, with a later upgrade to SSD.

>not going for the most cost effective option

stop

You're right. You should downgrade your ram and cpu too.

Fuck it. Build for the past, not the future!

>4gb GPU
>650w PSU
>16gb ram for no reason

I built this with the intention of upgrading the GPU in the future

Because voltage equals high temps, clocks don't necessarily equal high temps but voltage does
And severe overvoltage can damage your cpu

Really think you should go with 8gb my man, but eh. do what you feel is best.

I think it will be a lot more than 3 fps you miss out on.

Even at 4K most games barely pass the 4GB VRAM mark, I've never seen anything past 6GB even at 4K

depends on resolution

gtav goes over 5 for me

didn't mean to say resolution

meant to say game and even mods

gtav with mods for me goes just over 5

Ah, so it's not just me being paranoid. Thanks for the heads up

Cooler and thermal compound are shit for OC, mainboard is meme trash, too expensive RAM, no 8GB RX480 and the Arc Midi is obsolete.
You did shit.

what is SATA express?

Google it yourself you lazy retarded nigger.

It's the SATA connections that took the first express flight to the trash

cbf'd

Can someone help me out? this is my first build.

I need to know what to do after I install my os (win 10).

Like, should I check for motherboard drivers, etc. or is that done automatically these days?

>motherboard drivers
>any year

meaningless

ignore it

bios updates or something

Your motherboard should have came with a dvd/cd with divers on it, for wifi, lan, intel chipset, etc. It depends what you want to work, lan would be useful atleast.

Windows 10 gets drivers automatically, but the BIOS can't be automatically updated, you'll need to download a program to swap the BIOS out or do it yourself. Usually BIOS updates don't do much except for maybe hardware compatibility (certain ram, Kaby lake on Z170, etc)
And GPU drivers have to be downloaded yourself
Windows 10 will do everything else though

Thanks!.

I'm looking at a QX9650 processor for 75$ and I was wondering if it'll work at full speed with my Asus P5B-Plus motherboard and 550w power source.

Also if you guys have any suggestions to not burn my processor through the coming Spring then that would be dandy.

>video game console assembly general

So I got my hands on the following comp:
msi x79a-gd65
i7 3820, watercooled
8 gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
ocz agility 3 240gb ssd
sapphire radeon r9 280 3gb gpu
with a 500w psu
I am planning to upgrade it part by part but not sure from where to start, what do you guys think?

teehee

>skimping on the memes
Off yourself, kike.

Can someone help me with my PC. Maybe some missed compatibilities, though I'm pretty sure everything is compatible.
My PC is bootlooping.

- i5 7500
- Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15D-16GVR

Is the RAM not compatible because it says Z170 instead of H170?

Thanks!

Can the EVGA 600 B1 100-B1-0600-KR 80+ BRONZE 600W PSU newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014 be used in a setup with two 250W graphics cards?

The specs say not crossfire certified