ASUS ROG G20

Returned an Alienware piece of shit because it was too loud. What does Sup Forums think of this thing? Is it possible to make a PS4 size desktop with these specs?

-i7-6500Ti
-16 GB RAM
-1TB HD
-GTX1070 8GB

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobthenecromancer/saved/Hrst6h
youtu.be/W1BO6FUnI-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot to list price...

$1092

possible? yes
worth it? no

Also what brand Mobo and GPU does ASUS use? Anyone know? I prefer to stay away from Gigabyte and/or MSI.

What do you mean?

>PS4 size
>size
>bitching about size

go buy a macbook, thinfag

ask yourself whether you actually need to overpay for a 'console-sized' PC.
it's not like you move the tower on daily basis anyway

No I don't but I tend to run a MacBook on a tiny desk for content creation and would like to have space for both. Reason I went with an Alienware.

have you ever thought of..putting the pc under or next to your desk?
like most sane people do?

That thing will likely be loud as well. I read they use reference cards as well. and i have the Alpha. Its a bit loud but if u replace the paste it wouldve gotten better. Still outdated hardware in it tho

Why would I put things on the floor? That would kill my dog if he were to start chewing the wires.

Linus review seems to list it as extremely quiet. Also how is it outdated? It's running Pascal, do you mean the Skylake? That's why it's on sale.

i've had a dog for 12 years and taught it not to chew on things during his first year of life
it's not difficult
besides, you can always unplug the cable

Okay you convinced me, can you build a pc of any size with this spec/price?

No the Alpha as in the alienware you were talking about is outdated. the G20 will prolly be a good purchase go for it. But since Linus reviewed it the parts in it have changed. Theres different variations. if u cant understand what im saying. Then nevermind

>Alienware Alpha
The fuck are you talking about?

pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobthenecromancer/saved/Hrst6h
Something like this.

>size
>performance
>sound
Pick two.
If you want the best of compact size and low noise, the Define Nano can fit a D14, but most cube and flat ITX cases get tight very fast.
You can also try for an ITX case that you can cram an AIO into, which is the only practical use for AIOs that I see.

You downgraded the CPU and managed to save me $20 excluding taxes and shipping. So basically this would actually cost about a hundred dollars more. Don't get me wrong don't mind the downgraded CPU, but if you downgrade I expect the price to be around $800 with a 1070.

What alienwarr were u using that was loud?

Some refurb X51 they had on their refurb site for $500.

Do you not have a floor lamp?

Also I need the ASUS ac wireless card that's included in this thing because fuck wires.

I have a stand and the lamp sits on the stand.

I was going to post this...

Seriously, high end parts generate quite a bit of heat and need to be cooled properly to prevent them from destroying themselves. This is achieved trough one of two means, water or air cooling. For a small form factor water cooling is out of the question, but air cooling in a small form factor also brings it's own challenges.

To move a lot of air you ether need big fans or fans running at high RPM generating a lot of noise and with small form factors big fans are simply out of the question.

Simply put: You really do need at least a midi tower size setup for the kind of parts you want if you don't want it to sound like a jet engine or worse yet, a launch model PS3.

well, you wrote
>i7 6500Ti
so he had to guess what the fuck ever you meant by that

Serious response: you can't get the performance you are looking for at the size you have requested. It's literally impossible.

Problem is the cpu heatsink used to properly cool CPUs is somewhat large and will mostly only fit in micro ATX cases.

Typo 6700ti

that still isn't a real thing

I wish I was retarded enough to just throw my money away at a pre built computer.

What, so you would deal with overheating and thermal throttling problems?

You think that prebuilt shit will do better?
When yours starts "overheating and thermal throttling" (which why would you think building one yourself would have worse airflow?), you won't be able to change a thing about it.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I have been gaming on a rmbp running bootcamp for the past 2 years.

If you're a glutton for punishment you'd throw yourself into building a PC by yourself, baptism by fire.

Too lazy...

Plus the MacBook still runs games fine, only reason I am getting this is I don't want to damage the irreplaceable keyboard on the MacBook.

>t. mactoddler

So you're a sheep, got it

Are you trying to make a console sized PC running Steam to try to make it feel like a console?

Are you cancer or something?

Fuck off nigger

Not really I just don't have autism...

Wanna know how I know you're fat?

of cause it's going to be loud. heat will bottleneck the fuck out of that. might as well of built a node 202 for half the price

Do you think that ASUS paid Linus off to say it doesn't overheat? From what I've been gathering around the interbutts people said the gen 1 overheats but this gen does not.

I have no idea about Linus and I guess peoples idea of acceptable heat is different. But anyone who puts good or highend specs in a tiny cramped form-factor and say it will not overheat without the tiny fans busting a gut to try keep the heat down is talking bollocks. I've built three itx system, the biggest issue is heat. Trying to move the heat out the cramped case when there's not much room for many fans and heatsinks is a pain.

>
>I have no idea about Linus and I guess peoples idea of acceptable heat is different. But anyone who puts good or highend specs in a tiny cramped form-factor and say it will not overheat without the tiny fans busting a gut to try keep the heat down is talking bollocks. I've built three itx system, the biggest issue is heat. Trying to move the heat out the cramped case when there's not much room for many fans and heatsinks is a pain.

Op is a pleb, seeking a one size fits all device in laptop form because he has a dog who obviously runs the household because he makes the human not put plugs in the floor because that would be murder.

Good luck upgrading or repairing your laptop, that you now probably will have to rely on Asus service centres, cause you know, authorised service centre

You're a pansy, op , your thread is annoying and you are so weak.

Tldr Buy the asus

>Returned an Alienware piece of shit because it was too loud.
Was it the Alpha R2? Currently having that problem myself. Especially annoyed because I had the old one and I never had any sound issues with it.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now with their planned obsolescence, semi-proprietary, prebuilt highend rigs

All your PC components have planned obsolescence.

This is good

youtu.be/W1BO6FUnI-8

Very quiet and affordable. Would recommend. No downsides.

The price is a downside.

>Find good computer store which sells custom made prebuilts
>Pay 100 dollars of labor, if that
>Get prebuilt PC which isn't mass produced garbage

No it was a refurb X51 that was partially maxed on out with a GTX970.

Build one at the exact same specs for less than $1092.

It's only a bit more compared to if you went autism on picking ugly shit to save cash for a case/parts that is more importantly much bigger and so much less portable

Honestly I might have bought one of these if it didn't look like gamer shit.

Instead I'm building my own dumb SFF console PC because this case is my waifu.

It's the shitty low power consumption variant. It comes with pre-built small form factor pcs.

Warranty void when opened. External power brick. Two external power brick when you have a discrete graphics card.

The warranty thing is really annoying when you're preparing a computer for a client, and it's the last one you have, and it has a cable jammed up in its cpu cooler. Think I spent 30 minutes looking for a long narrow thing that would fit through the vents so i could push away the cable.

Post the listing link. The main cons here looks to be upgradeabilty and heat management.

>Two external power brick when you have a discrete graphics card.
Hahaha seriously?

do trolls on Sup Forums even try anymore honestly?

build a tower you fucking faggot

>Not building a cute mATX cube
Pleb shit.

Yeah. They're pretty big too.

Get a NODE 202 but you will may have problems with the CPU cooling.

>Entire case has to come apart to clean filters
Who the fuck designed this.

the only reasons to buy prebuilts
>you have a good discount of some sort
>you want some retardedly small form factor

fr...

Swedes

Makes sense. Aesthetics over basic functionality.

Fucking stupid

This is much larger than the ROG PC, you can't fit in in a backpack like the ROG would is easily a huge bonus.

That H60 is a loud fucker too, the ROG is proven to be quiet.

+ nice housefire card + nice bronze known to have extreme coil whine CPU

kys

*shitty bronze PSU

Well went to BB and bought one, and finally got back tonight. The fan is silent and I don't feel any heat resonating from the case. However see this MOBO temp, turns out its a fucking glitch with all of them. Fuck! People said its perfectly normal and ASUS sucks for not fixing it.

>have problems with the CPU cooling

Temps are the only reason I haven't gone with itx. I just want a really small computer.

>i've had a dog for 12 years and taught it not to chew on things during his first year of life

most people are incapable of training their dogs.

I live next to such delightful human beings.

One day I will murder the shit out of everyone they love.

>hi, i am the powerbrick
>tee heeee

probably asus you dumbo

The fuck is an i7-6500Ti? There's an i5-6500T. Why get a laptop that expensive with an HDD?

lmao if you don't think this is going to be just as loud.

Trying it out right now, I have two weeks to return it if I don't like it. So far its damn quiet like Linus said. It's also running pretty cool with CPU not breaking 50 C while gaming.

Also apparently from the people who owns this PC, the sensor is not broken if you use ASUS AI Suite software monitor. It just doesn't work with a lot of monitoring software like Speccy.

"I don't want to build a PC I dont have autism"