What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X36ye-1x_HQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for common lisp being the best lisp

Fixing my wall before painting it.
Fuck this shit is time consuming.
If you can, don't do it yourself and just hire someone, because it takes way too much time that you could spend better otherwise.

rewriting the linux kernel in scala

and it has no bindings for xlib or ncurses

haskell is SHIT

what should i use instead

Idris

>meme is SHIT
>what should i use instead
>meme2

what does it do better than hakell

>he prefers writing the same code over and over again

Dependent types

Can I have conditional replaces in regexes?
Let's say, given some /^([a-z])([a-z]).*/ pattern, I want to replace first group with [A-Z], and the second group with [z-a].
My language is Perl.

be a real man and use C++

What language?

youtube.com/watch?v=X36ye-1x_HQ

i ditched it for D & could not be happier
is that it?

>type-driven development
sounds fucking gay as hell

they're just doing things differently for the heck of it

So pic related is the decompiled source of an executable on some machine, it executes with root permissions.

When I try running say " 0 5000000 R > /tmp/out" the output file doesn't seem to contain anything from memory, but its filesize is correct.
W-why is this?

holy kek, you guys have gotta be memeing

php.net/manual/en/function.password-hash.php

what the hell is this talking about when it says it prefers you to let it generate the salt automatically? if the function is generating a random salt every time how are you supposed to store the salt so you know how to get it to use it the next time a user enters their password and you want to check if its correct? you'd have to get lucky and get the exact same random salt, no?

D is great

>muh special snowflake memelang who no one in the software industry uses
>y-yyou're the one's memeing

>The used algorithm, cost and salt are returned as part of the hash. Therefore, all information that's needed to verify the hash is included in it. This allows the password_verify() function to verify the hash without needing separate storage for the salt or algorithm information.

Please read thoroughly

That's not the part I think you were memeing about.

then what else does idris offer?

dependent types

>what else

Totality checking

syntax extensions (more than just rebindable)

>having failed to convince anywhere else on the internet that their outdated, stale language has more utility than any other language except go, the D retards decided to try /dpt/

@58694315
>hating on D

I used to shill D here about a year ago

I did. What language?

English.

>get ce degree
>get first programming job
>get tasked with improving a module of a system some guy wrote more than a year ago
>the module is written on an older version of the system so i first need to port it to the new version
>find out that the module is full of spaghetti code going god knows where into the system
>the tables for the users of the module are located inside the database used by the system framework instead of the database for the separate modules
>some module code is integrated into the login system which should have been a separate module in the first place

Is this it? Is this really what being a professional programmer is like? I was so happy to get a job and now I want to kill myself.

>thinking D has anything of value

And then you grew up, huh?

What makes you think so? The Latin alphabet isn't really specific to English.

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?
A Youtube to mp3 converter in Python.

I'm new to programming and I decided to write it as my first real "project" with the aid of youtube-dl and ffmpeg. It's nothing more than a simple script that links youtube-dl and ffmpeg, I'm sure anyone experienced could do it in a couple minutes but I had so many problems getting it to work. After 5 hours reading through documentation and source code and failure after failure it finally worked so I'm pretty happy.

The Latin alphabet is so much better with æ, þ and ð added.

>And then you grew up
And then I learned F#
And I shilled that for a month or two

Because I speak English and I need to use regexes in English.

D is a prime replacement for c++ as soon as the gc is made completely optional. And even right now its far superior and a joy to work with unlike c++

OSGTP, is that you?

>superior
>has a GC
Pick one.

Agreed. But he didn't have them in his original post.
Why would you even need them in English?

Yes. C# is trash.

everything is trash according to Sup Forums

youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 $MY_URL_HERE

ok so how do you use it the next time without setting the salt manually to what it returned dipshit? it works once

i love that dpt can never give me anything else. Try it sometime & youll see

>This allows the password_verify() function to verify the hash without needing separate storage for the salt or algorithm information.

Because I speak English.

It has a built-in proof system so you can prove your program is correct at compile-time. Of course, there are external proof systems too, so it isn't unique in that regard. It is a vehicle for dependent types research, and dependent types allow you to verify things that would normally be verified at runtime (example: type-safe printf).

see you obviously don't even know what salted hashing is if you don't understand what i'm saying so don't respond

Could you show the exact use you have for regexes in English?

>It has a built-in proof system so you can prove your program is correct at compile-time.
D has that as well, but ill watch the video

So you're saying you want to be left to wallow in your ignorance?

But then I don't get to learn Python

After seeing , I wonder what kind of monstrosity you conjured.

>shifting the goalposts

Right now.
s/^OP$/faggot/ig
s/^$/for/

That's a good thing, user. Python cripples the mind.

Anyone else notice the thread is really rude and unhelpful when there's not many anime posts

Cry moar, weeb

we've established the one blight, but by no means does it make D bad. Especially knowing the primary maintainers agree

The salt is returned as part of the hash. Think of it like adding two strings together

I bet you can't even code you bully

helpful unrude thread time

WHAT THE FUCK?! POST SOME THEN, YOU GODDAMN CUMFART

Call me when D can target as many architectures as and is as widely supported as C++

>C*MF*RT

Please never say that again

anti-anime autists are known shitposters who are worse than the worst AF'ing faggot

>anti-anime autists
could have just written "redditors"

You can still do it as a learning exercise.

Can we talk about programming?

Yes please tell me about what you're working on user

every single image/post you replied to is inherently tied to programming. you wouldn't notice though since you don't know anything about programming

true

Trust me, the GC is never going away. It's too late. They'll make noises about it forever but never actually do it.

There's a package that provides bindings for X11 and the FFI tutorial literally uses ncurses for examples.

>run linux ontop of the JVM
please kill this planet

not him, but i'm working on a program which tells me which anime to watch next

I'm working on a game in C, what about you?

>can't tell if horribly stupid or trolling

epic jpeg

ha ha ha

so relatable

>jpg degradation

triggered

call me when they start removing @nogc stuff from core & phobos

we get it, you're not cut out for programming and you're projecting your butthurt onto the language you have to use for class

OOP needs to die.

Sup Forums isn't everything

proof that /dpt/ is fucking trash

the haskell shilling is from newfags who can barely figure out how to remove an element from a list

>he thinks this is the correct way of doing OOP

What is the correct way of doing OOP?
Every example of OOP people post get met with "this is not how you do OOP" comments.

Anyone know good ressources/books about Machine Learning applied to NLP? Most of the stuff I found online was ML applied to various topics which don't interest me.