Just bought this dell but cant restore to factory settings what do?

Just bought this dell but cant restore to factory settings what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/software-download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean the bios is locked?

Get your money back

You might have to either remove the cmos battery to reset the bios or fins a way to safely short out the board to reset the rom.

I bought from a bud for 50 shekels but everytime i restartit and do the f8 thing there is never a option that says restore just pic related

You can get to the factory reset settings from within windows 7 I believe. It's been a while

give it back nigger

Also is the battery shot if it says its charged but keeps blinking and turns off when unplugged?

give it back Jamal Ghale

Yeah, probably.

You may have paid for a piece of junk. kek.

Wtf

Yeah your battery's fucked. Doesn't stop you from removing it and using the laptop plugged in though.

INSTALL GENTOO

Give it back, OP.

yeah thats it just took it out where 2 cop cheap batterys

Download Windows 7 and just re-install it.

They OEM keys are stored in the BIOS it will automatically activate.

Give it back Tyrone.

Go to Microsoft's software recovery site and enter your product key:

microsoft.com/software-download/

You'll need to download drivers for your laptop's hardware, but you'll at least have a fresh Windows install you know is virus-free.

>using windows restore instead of downloading an iso of windows/linux/bsd and doing a fresh install
fuckoff retard

> Just bought this dell but cant restore to factory settings what do?
> restore
> factory settings

it's really funny to see how technologically illiterate plebs consider their computers as
> just a bigger smartphone

/Thread

Maybe becasue smart phone can do 99% of what any computer can do you stupid faggot

your statement is illogical
kill yourself, pleb

Get install media u idiot.

This laptop was made before the era of restore partitions. You're gonna have to make yourself a Windows or Linux installer USB thumb drive.

wanna know how I know you're fat?

What purpose would a factory reset serve?
I've always found just disabling all the shit you don't need perks it back up.

I guess just in case there is some sinister shit installed in the background somewhere.

Who needs enemies with a friend like that.

reinstall yo fuck

Find the windows 7 product key in the system properties (my right my computer and select properties) , then download Windows 7 from Microsoft's website using the code.

Windows 7 is getting really old though. It's as old as windows 98 when windows Vista came out. Not sure if you can still download it.

>bought
>dell
Two words that don't belong together.

>stole
>dell
This is the only reason you should ever own a Dell.

>It's as old as windows 98 when windows Vista came out.
And yet it's still as good as it was back in 2009

Yes, but this is the computer industry and stagnation is the same as going backwards.

This is only true for Windows 8 and 10 codes. If the manufacturer put 7 on it then there's usually a socket on the bottom.

Shit, I meant sticker on the bottom. Autocorrect lol

Since it's a Dell the Windows' recovery media download site will tell you to contact the manufacturer. Pirate Bay is the best place to get recovery media.