Last thread: →

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Why is it so hard for you stupid niggers to cuntpaste an OP when making a new thread?

Are pajeets trying to subvert Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/geommer/yabar
youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
github.com/arduino-libraries/Mouse/blob/master/src/Mouse.h
cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2002-03-04-5.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inane comment #1.

Fuck me, I thought I linked the earlier thread.

ur a faget

how to get files out of my oneplus one when the screen is broken and when i plug it on my computer its on charge mode

so is there a good tutorial for installing arch linux for absolute beginners? the arch wiki is kind of shit in that regard, i need something that REALLY hold my hand. kind of like the gentoo handbook, which explicitly tells you every single command to enter

How would I go about installing the drivers for a netgear WNDA3100v2 usb wifi adapter onto a computer running ubuntu 16.04? The computer does not have an internet connection available, but I have a laptop from which I could transfer files I needed onto the computer.

just install ubuntu server and whatever else you need (dwm/awesome/xfce) and start from there

you'll gain absolutely nothing from learning how to install an operating system

I have a chance to pick up a 17" MacBook pro for $130. The problem is, it's stuck on a white screen.

What are the chances that it's something that will require actual repair vs resetting the NVRAM with a keystroke combo? I don't want to ask the dude if he's tried that because then he might just keep it. So it's a real fucking gamble. I'm just curious how many hardware problems that require expensive repair service start with the white screen?

If you can't follow the wiki to install arch, you sure as hell won't get very far using it either and you'll just be back here in two days talking about how terrible Linux is because YOU chose an advanced distro as a complete newbie

My girlfriend sold an iPhone 7 as faulty for spare parts and/or repair and stated the original battery had been replaced
Guy bought it and is now demanding a refund saying he took it to Apple and they wouldn't touch it (no shit)
What are the odds he wins a case? He's also threatened her with negative feedback but now she's afraid that ebay will award him the case since they're so pro buyer
Thoughts?

Is there an add-on for firefox that lets me save text in the browser then come back to it later?
I know I can just create a text file in the desktop but I want it built into the browser.

eBay sides with the buyer pretty frequently, but if the listing clearly said that it was not working then she MIGHT be able to defend it. Also show them where the buyer attempted to blackmail her by threatening negative feedback, they don't look too kindly on that.

wanna know how I know you're fat?

So my dog has been lately going through a hole in the fence into the neighbor's yard and they have been complaining incessantly about it, I've offered to fix the fence but only if they will pay up half of the costs to do so which they have refused. Anyway yesterday this happened again, and apparently the neighbor took my dog, loaded it up in the car with them to some vet, and had it euthanized, and only told me about all this after. What recourse do I have here? I called the police but they said it is a civil matter and won't intervene. Feeling really heartbroken right now, there was no reason for them to take it this far.

If it's listed as for parts and it's only good for parts I don't see why ebay wouldn't side with her.
Sellers can't control whether the vendor will honor the warranty lol.

Woke up with a stiff neck the other day and hurts to turn it past a certain point now, any recommendations to help loosen it up again? Has happened before in the past and always cleared up after a few days but I still hate it and would be nice if I could make it last less time.

Sorry for the stupid question Sup Forums but does yabar only work in i3 and bpswm or can I also use it with gnome?

github.com/geommer/yabar

using fedora 25

I have 4 disks, Debian, Windows, and 2 NTFS for data; can I check the integrity of all filesystems from Linux or do I need Windows?

open the text file in your browser?

Is it possible to use a tablet as dvd player for my car?

youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs

helps to loosen your neck muscles and improves posture, i do it every time i have headache caused by stiff neck muscles

wanna know how I know you're fat?

Shitty question incoming...

What is the best method to get a neighbor's wifi password without asking them, or installing linux?

I'm on windows 10 and I have a USB wifi adapter that is capable of hacking. I just don't know how for windows 10, and linux is a no go in my current situation.

>inb4 dumbass get linux
I can't even connect to the internet to get it. I'm on my phone right now. There has to be another way.

Leave your neighbor alone you freeloading dickhole.

normally i would help, but you're being a freeloading dickhole. get a job and pay for internet access.

what is this thing you call a computer

Am I on Sup Forums?

What the fuck does one thing has to do with the other?

Hi moralfags

>>>/reddit/

>neighbor's wifi password
They're probably using WPA2 which means you're basically out of luck even with linux.

My dad and I are still dissecting the dishwasher.

What are these tall black things on the left of this picture of the main controller PCB? Some kind of microcontrollers? Why so many? Perhaps they are EEPROMS?

Fuck!

I thought wpa2 was cracked years ago...

They really shouldn't side with the buyer, item sold for spares/repairs and the dick thought he'd take a shot at repairing it and returning if he couldn't
I've noticed eBay has sided with buyers in cases like this, is it worth to just remove money from PayPal because on principle I don't want to refund this scam artist/retard any money
Can I empty my PayPal and restock it if the guy doesn't win?

it's not a matter of moral. it's a matter of principle. if he wanted to do it to fuck with the neighbor i probably wouldn't mind educating him. but his reason is to be a freeloader. fuck that. there's a reason i voted for trump.

probably relays

My guess would be switching relays

Are these something we can test with a multi-meter and replace if there is anything wrong?

yea, but you'll need to power them as well

Is it bad to smoke weed while I'm pregnant? It's legal in my state now.

I've got a rather annoying problem with suspending on my laptop. Every once in a while, when resuming from suspend the system locks up and I'm forced to hard reset.

As far as I can see, there isn't anything relevant in syslog or the like, so I'm not really sure where else to look.

tl;dr How do I figure out what goes wrong during suspend/resume?

github.com/arduino-libraries/Mouse/blob/master/src/Mouse.h

i have a project using this library. in mouse.h all i see are references to MOUSE_LEFT. so will this library work for right and middle click too?

that is a very old bug in linux that hasn't been fixed afaik

So we'd probably need a testing power supply to do it right?

Should i buy new or used DDR3 ram for a laptop?

yes

why dont we place a colony on the moon before mars ?
my thought :
the earth dose not and never will own the moon , but we do own mars.
contemplation fact

Damn, guess I'll cope.

Is php still a good way to go in 2017 as back-end language for web-development? Should I go with node.js or Python, perhaps Java? I am really not sure, php seems very simple to start with, but I heard rumors that for example c#(.net) programmers are going to succeed in The future. Any thoughts? Also add arguments. Thx

my throat hurts so much from high fever
when will we become one with robots and become imortal/feel no pain?

Is Alt+\ keybind used by anything?

Thinking of remapping it as an alternate shortcut for Alt+Tab since there's no tab on the right side of my keyboard.

physical pain is nothing. the worst pain of all is mental and robots will not save you from that.

I have now performed this remapping and am pleased with how comfy it is to be able to alt+tab with one hand from the right side of the keyboard, so I hope I have not ruined something I will regret later.

Just go for it.
Rule 101: never listen for other people's opinion on langs. Just don't.

quite bitching and get you some of that throat numbing spray

Hey, I don't get notifications with clover is this normal?

Recently invested in a new rig so I can actually experience PC gaming for once in my life, but the mouse pointer is rather jittery. When making rather small, diagonal movements it moves like it's on a grid instead of being completely smooth. Google didn't exactly help with this so I'm just wondering if this is normal when playing games.

What kind of surface are you using the mouse?

Anyone use Riot.im? I'm trying to get my friends to switch from Skype but I don't want to use Discord with it's privacy issues.

$5 mousepad

I can't find the watch general, can anyone recognize the brand?

Seriously, is that actually what's causing this? I was under the impression that gaming mousepads only gave you a wider surface area to perform on

Not really, gaming x is usually just a marketing term.

Try another mouse, yours could be fucked.

It should just work. Netgear only provides a driver package for Windows.

Did they post a picture of the supposedly white screen? If it's the standard no OS or OS loading forever screen it's probably an easy fix, if it's totally blank white it's likely hardware.

Arch is annoying to install by design, why would you want that?

Used is fine. If it's cheap go for it.

Current evidence isn't really complete, especially for any long term effects, but seems to be fairly low risk cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2002-03-04-5.pdf

Well my mouse is practically brand new, but if I can afford it in the future I might invest in something higher quality.

>Used is fine. If it's cheap go for it.
Good, now the problem is to find someone selling 2GB for cheap.

New is $15 and used is $10-11.

But the problem is that i paid $15 for my laptop and i still have to buy a charger($12) and a battery($25).
And probably a HDD or SSD soon since the current one is damaged and slow(70MB/s max sequential read speed).

And if you wonder why i am complaining for so little is because im not from the US.

How do I reference a value from a different sheet, but instead of providing the sheet name, I want to store that sheet name in a cell?
So, for example, instead of typing
=sheet_name!F12
I want to do A1=sheet_name, and then to use something like
=A1!F12

But this doesn't work. Can I get it to work somehow or is this not doable in excel?

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLURRY?

I unistalled and reinstalled my 560ti and now every fucking thing is blurry after.

Looks like you've got scaling on.

I installed Ubuntu GNOME in a dual-boot configuration with Windows 10, but something went wrong during the installation and it couldn't install most of the hardware drivers it needed. I want to try again. If I change the boot order to default to Windows Boot Manager and delete the Linux partition, do I have anything to worry about? I saw a thread here the other day about a guy whose computer broke because he deleted the Linux partition of his dual-boot configuration, so I'm a little wary now.

On an unrelated note, how do I know how good a processor is? All I know is that i7 is for resource-intensive work, i5 is the most any ordinary person would need, and i3 is for relatively light usage. Outside of that, I have no idea how to gauge a processor's capabilities.

Is there a good android app for Sup Forums?

Thanks man you saved my eyesight

Clover.

Check F-droid.

I'm doing the following search on Google:
inurl:trending site:google.com

But I want to exclude the following domains:
feedproxy.google.com
chrome.google.com
play.google.com

How do I do that?

-site:

inurl:trending site:google.com -site:feedproxy.google.com -site:chrome.google.com -site:play.google.com

>retard friend spills coffee on MacBook
>end up getting to keep it because they wanted a new one anyway
>Use it because poorfag
It seems fine. It's one of the models with dual Intel and Nvidia GPU. I think the discrete GPU got fucked by the coffee because it spazzes out when it switches to it (using gfxcardstatus to force Integrated and it works pretty well now)
Apple store wanted shitloads of money to replace the mainboard. Is there a better way to force it to not use the discrete GPU? How would I dual boot Linux in it?

i need a free program that corrects grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, all that, preferably something that work on everything in windows, but just firefox would be good enough, i have tried grammarly... it sucks

i need a free program that corrects grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, all that live, preferably something that work on everything in windows, but just firefox would be good enough, i have tried grammarly... it sucks

What is Max CPUID value limit?

I am looking for a Python tool I used once

it takes IPA strings and pronounces them

Speech synthesis but it's IPA instead of plain e.g., English

and I cannot find it any longer

What the fuck is wrong with my firefox?

After a few minutes it keeps lagging and suddenyl failing to load graphics and looks like this before crashing

This has been happening forever but only after a few hours of use, since yestersday it's been doing this shit all the time.

please help I don't want to move to botnet

a feature that you only need for very very old Windows and Linux edition

Like, what does it do?

Im using a N455 with windows 7 ultimate and while changing boot options i noticed it.

Is Xiaomi a good brand?

Can anyone confirm or deny that the $1 chink USB DAC+ADCs work on a PS3?

Yesterday I tried to run halo 1 on my strix 960 for a laugh

I didn't know the fps were not capped and that I deed to activate vsync to stop them

The game made 6k+ fps but the card started to whine like crazy

Since then I started to hear a weak whine from the card under load on heavy games

Did I fucked it?
Can I do something to stop the noise?

Use a piece of cardboard for a mousepad.
Beer boxes work fantastically well. I had one duct taped to my table as a mousepad for a year before I finally bought a real mousepad.

There's two basic tools for Windows systems that I've used to fix 95% of my boot problems caused by dicking about with the partitions back when I used to dualboot.

fixmbr
fixboot

Running those two things in that order will fix the vast majority of boot problems that are caused by a crappy partition/boot setup.

look up how to reset the settings.

>Did I fucked it?
Yep

>Can I do something to stop the noise?

Run the card under load w/ vsync, or RMA it if they'll accept it.

Best firewall (hardware)

Uh, I usually listen to music using Youtube as my taste is basically videogames soundtracks. Is there any lightweight player I can use so I don't need to use my browser? Something that let's me do searches and just play the music.

For Windows or Linux, but I expect a graphical interface, as I'm looking for ease of use.

So deleting the Linux partition could still fuck the system, even if I change the boot order ahead of time?

I don't think it's fucked

I have gigabyte 960 and it whines above 1k fps since the beginning and everything werks, it was even overclocked for a while and nothing wrong

Last 2-3 weeks I've been having this problem near 24/7

On cable internet, wired with nothing else using internet in the house still get frequent ping spikes shooting up from 10ms to 300ms+ up to 1k for one to two seconds.

The company has no idea, my coax is clean and the Ethernet cable is new and I get the same problem testing in safe mode.

I'm about to lose my shit trying to figure this out, if anyone has had this trouble in the past I'd love to hear some suggestions on how to fix it

Found out the company's equipment is shitting itself on one of the jumps.

Ignore my question, and fug my service provider

Do SSDs make noise?
Coil whine? Any noise at all?

None. SSDs don't have enough current flowing through them to produce coil whine in the first place, either.

A few years back I had a very active Twitter account with 2000+ followers. I stopped using the account and almost completely forgot about it until recently. The problem is, it's tied to an email address I can no longer get into. I've tried resetting and resending the password on both Twitter and my email but this was before phone numbers were being added to restore access to the accounts. I've tried every old password I can think of but I'm still not able to get in.

The one small glimmer of hope that I have is that I added a domain to the profile. That domain expired about a year ago and is up for grabs. The Twitter username and the domain are pretty much related, but not the same.

Would I stand a chance contacting Twitter about the username, asking them to reset it as I am the owner of the domain in the profile? Would I need to trademark the name for this to work? Could I BS them, send an official lawyer-esque sounding letter without fear they'll ask for the proof of trademark?

How should I approach this?

Google Pixel or Galaxy S7?

Pixel. At least join a good botnet.