If you're not coding on a JetBrains IDE you're doing it wrong

If you're not coding on a JetBrains IDE you're doing it wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!aNVUWIDY!LjK7e7tGMpamw4QaRQ2bXiypDzXIhGQEMaPQp25Sv3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slow java shit
Pretty happy with vscode desu senpai

I would, but its still opening the project..

JetBrains IDEs are pretty good, but where applicable, Visual Studio with Reshaper is better (assuming your PC is not ancient garbage).

+1

I'm using VS 2015 at work and VS Code at home because Jetbrains doesn't support my meme languages very well.

>Core components are open source
>Sane plugin framework
>God-tier autocomplete engine.
>Doesn't require 15GB of storage like Visual Shit

OP is objectively right.

Happy using VS code that some mentioned here in Sup Forums after trying all other IDE memes.

das rite.

But I am

yep, the only downside really.

You can't call VSCode an IDE

I don't want to pay hundred dollarydoos per year for an IDE.

>b-but free version
It doesnt support Spring, Grails or Vaadin.

But they use a lot of RAM!
I didn't buy 64 gb ram for my computer for it to be used by a massive program like that!

I was hardcore into vim until I started using JetBrains stuff. It changed my life.

>I don't want to pay hundred dollarydoos per year for an IDE.
Let your employer pay for it. If you have a good boss, they won't mind you doing private stuff on your own time, and won't claim the copyright.

>I didn't buy 64 gb ram for my computer for it to be used by a massive program like that!
I have just 16 gigs of memory in my machine, and can still run about 8 instances of IDEs, as well as some VMs and containers without breaking a sweat.

>Shitbrains' IDE
No thanks

what the fuck do those icons represent???

This thread is a perfect indication of how many people here have a job

>He doesn't use my favourite snake oil IDE so I will call him a NEET
How to spot a butthurt undergrad.txt

>Using non-free software

You are joking right? Jetbrains products are god tier. And they are written in Java using swing.

I tried Webstorm. It was slow as fuck (sometimes had input lag, auto complete very slow). Vs Code just works.

The pajeet meme is pure racism. You should feel bad for connecting GNU with that crap.

>Shitbrains IDE

b2leddit

VS Code is slow af m8.

anyone who doesnt use vim as an ide hasn't matured as a developer

or they've "matured" in a backwards sense of the word, becoming more and more abstractified in their understanding of machine principles and logistics of the language spoken by machines

there you go faggot

mega.nz/#!aNVUWIDY!LjK7e7tGMpamw4QaRQ2bXiypDzXIhGQEMaPQp25Sv3w

>inb4 muh hax

>comparing a full featured IDE and a text editor that runs on a chromium instance

probably depends on the completition engine. java code completition for vscode is shit af compared to intelij but thats because its a badly written extension. typescript which has an argubly more complex type system runs smooth as butter.

~t guy who does typescript/react on the frontend with VSCode and java on the backend with intelij.

VSCode runs much faster in general but shitty extensions (like the current state of the java extension) can fuck it up.

PyCharm + IdeaVim is literal perfection.

vim + tmux is as good as any IDE, but is not restricted to a specific language, framework, or workflow and is orders of magnitute lighter and faster.

just use emacs/vim with autocomplete on

Go pick some cotton you fucking nigger.

>slow java shit
>Pretty happy with vscode desu senpai

vscode is written in javascript you dumbfuck

>not knowing that Java and JavaScript are like day and night
You don't belong here

Discovering Intellij changed my life... best IDE

both are still slow as shit though

they are

>iktf