Amsung Galaxy S8 is about $900

Possible specs could be 6GB RAM, 32/64/128 GB memory, 20 MP camera, and a 10 MP secondary camera with flash.

crowdpondent.com/2017/01/28/coming-soon-the-samsung-galaxy-s8/

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.gametuner.thin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Samsung really ran out of ideas.

>$900
>Samsung
No thanks.

front flash?

boy

>4K
Imagine how much more usable this device would be if oems didn't push this retarded resolution on tiny screens

>6GB RAM
post your face when you realize that a fucking phone that will be declared obsolete 20 months after release now needs more ram than many desktop builds.

>$900 hand grenade
No thanks

>mfw it will still kill apps like you're under 1 GB of RAM on a Galaxy S2.

My LG phone is $50.

>tfw android still requires 6GiB RAM, 128GiB memory and octa-core CPU to minimize the lag

>4K display

Why can cell phones easily play games at high resolution and your $2000 computer can't Sup Forums? I find it sad that cellphones are more of a computer than computers.

And it'll STILL lag.

ha! 900$ ! hahaha!
suck my dick samsung

and how exactly would it be more "usable", explain retard

Android hasn't lagged since 5.0 introduced ART.

Yes it has.

Any time you're using the flash storage, the phone slows to a crawl. Your storage solution is still incredibly slow.

never had any lag on my 6P with android 6/7

Really? Any time I start downloading something, my 6P slowed to a fucking crawl.

Because the games are upscaled and have shit graphics.

Could run better with longer battery time if it didn't have a retarded large resolution screen, and a gpu screaming for more power so it can push that many pixels.

>$900
>for a phone that most people will upgrade/replace 2 years after or sooner

oy the mother fucking vey

samsung and apple are cancer

why are they the only ones releasing performant devices?

still not paying their cancer tax either way

Why the phones need these specs? My 3 year old s5 with 2GB of ram doesn't lag at all.

Should of went 1080p and gotten much more battery life and higher performance at half the price.

Holy shit and i tought paying about 400 for my s7 (7 months ago) was pushing it for the performance you're getting. No reason to get a flagship anymore. In speed tests only half of them beat the one plus 3 while asking nearly double the price. If the op4 has a decent screen i wont even consider the s8

you want a big boy sized display and thus need more than 720p and use your phone for more than facebook then you need the most current specs. sick of this retarded "you only need this piece of shit since it'd all i need xD" meme. also keyboard lag.

Moto X Pure owner here. I wish the screen was 1080p for battery life. The gpu barely handles YouTube at 1440p. Smooth sailing at 1080 though.

Seriously though, why do people spend as much as $900 on a fucking phone?
You could build a damn decent PC for that amount of money. And all you're getting is esentially a calling/texting/browsing device, just like a $150 one, only slightly faster.

Why do people care how other people spend their money?

Pretty much. What's the practical point of 4K (aside from marketing buzzwords) with such a tiny display, considering it assrapes the battery life?

But what about 3.5mm though?

Because most people buy a phone with a discount. I dont know anyone who actually buys a phone at full price. Do people actually do this? Why?

>buying anything but chinese memephones
>2017

Remind me, why would people (on Sup Forums atleast) bother to spend money on these ridiculous things that you'll use to communicate and maybe use for media/shitposting?

Do you really need a 1080p screen for that, let alone a 4K one?

Snapdragon 835 handles those pixels just fine.

How do you even know the battery life is bad? You don't, so stfu faggot.

You're either a shill or a brainless fanboy.

> Snapdragon 835 handles those pixels just fine.

I've never said anything about that.

> How do you even know the battery life is bad? You don't, so stfu faggot.

If you think 4K resolution has the same power draw as 1080p, you're delusional.

resolution has very little impact on battery life. it kills performance but not battery. 4k on a phone is fucking retarded tho

Who chinkphone here?

Breddy good

>resolution has very little impact on battery life
>Sup Forums - Technology

>it kills performance
You mean it makes the GPU work harder ... and use more power ... and ... holy shit, resolution might actually impact battery life.

What is even the point of 4k on an 5 inch is screen? Even HD to full HD makes no difference

nah it really doesn't tax the gpu nor cpu appreciably harder unless you stream 4k videos. general use like web browsing, messaging, watching 1080p clips...nada.

>touchwizz

>lets put a 9 in the box and bump the price
>brilliant
I can't wait to hear how the fuck they will spin it when one blows up and takes a whole block with it.

If you pay more than $250 for a phone, you're a fucking idiot.

It makes a big difference in with VR

>using anything but the default keyboard

jesus christ

what a bunch of shit

900 dollars? 37.50 dollars just for fucking phone before everything else

all keyboards get hiccups from time to time. can be reduced or removed with better hardware. you're crazy if you don't think there's an assload of room for improvement here. but it's not anywhere close to worth the apple/samshit tax when a $200 phone from china = 90% of the performance for

how about an audio jack?

>Samsung
Even if it was free
>No thanks

5 of the 6 GB of RAM will probably be in use due to Samsung's botnet services and software.

When will Samdrones quit buying their shitty products.

Because he's shilling. Don't feed the drones.

If it doesn't have a removable battery, I'm out.

They should have learned from the Note 7 fiasco.

Because every fucking Samsung phone in existence has atrocious battery life, and Samsung's main thing is using 2x the screen resolution than what's needed.

And it's just common fucking sense that the higher the resolution, the more power is drawn.

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You can't.

4K video or not, a 4K screen is fucking pulling 2160p either way you look at it. It doesn't fucking go "Oh, it's a 720p video so let's just render at 720p". That's not the fucking way it works, chimp.

VR on a smartphone is when I realized the human race was doomed.

This is on a galaxy s6. I wish it was 1080 instead of 1440. Can you read this shit? I should go oneplus

The real redpill is realizing 720p is enough for phones.

Oh shit, we have to shit out a phone and justify a premium price to sell to idiots, what do we do?

Uh... more megapixels? More RAM? Slightly faster processor to chug through our shit skin on a shit OS?

Smartphones are dead.

I can buy surplus grenades for waaay less

That's probably going to be a great phone but $900? No way.

"it will keep you warm, even in snow, using patented RealFireā„¢ technology"

No the point of that was simply to say more demanding content taxes the hardware and thus battery more than rez. Rez certainly does reduce battery life but compared to what? A 1440p s7 edge gets excellent battery compared to most phones, rez be damned. It's a stupid argument anyway. Unless you're doing vr you never need more than 1080p on a phone. Heck I'd take 720p every time over anything else.

sub 5 inch phones I can take 720p, but once you get into the 5-6 inch category, 720p is awful.

>Runs Lagdroid
>With touchjizz exrabloat

No thanks OP.

Stop fucking buying shit that doesn't use ufs 2.0 or higher, seriously how fucking stupid can you be?

No it isn't. Damn kids these days. 800x600 on a 15" tube monitor was awful. 720p on 6" is so damn smooth performance wise and you gotta be holding the thing on your nose to pay attention to pixels. Your eyes stop caring really quickly otherwise. 244.77 ppi will look better than most of your pc monitors. Better yet on your standard 5.5" it will look great. You can make out pixel huh they're smaller than a spec of dust. Having a buttery smooth phone is way better than some mega autismo barely tangible pixel advantage.

Android runs just fine on 2GBs of RAM and a dual core.

Render at 1440p you fucking idiot, it's lower on default in games.

The fact that you will look at text a lot on a smartphone makes a resolution nice to have. Even if the screen is small it's right in front of your face. That said 4K is just retared although very nice to look at on my Priv. Even if I put it as close to my eyes as possible without it going out of focus I can't see individual pixels. That said we will surely see 8K-phones becoming standard before 2025.

There aren't any resolution options in the game.

Not there you idiot, there is a specific tool that samsung has made that you can download here play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.gametuner.thin

i don't think there are any dual core android phones with 2gb of ram

>Tfw my phone already has 6 gb ram

Lel the s7 with exynos literally has the battery life in it's class. It's not the screen, it's the shitty and powerhungry Snapdragon.

t. AIDF

OnePlus 3 shill pls go back to Russia

more like
asus zenfone 3
hah

Why can't you just admit that it's a damn good phone

Zenfones are the most unreliable pieces of shit to date.

I never said it wasn't a good phone now, did it?

I'd pay a premium for a removable battery, but damn Apple made that unfashionable.

just use adb shell to change to 1080p

Most people don't even realize how much the phone costs. They just know they pay 80-90 a month and get a new phone every two years when the contract renews.

Nice, thank you

Phone based 3d headset systems are being pushed hard. Also in general things like the rift, vive, etc, are pushing the cost of small high density screens down.

Tldr. Tards that buy these subsidize the next Gen of higher res oculus.

If you are like my mom who hardly touches her computer yet spends hours every day on her phone browsing face book and other such sites then it starts to justify the cost.

What game?

because it affects all of us you middle school bitch boy.

Yeah, in a good way by pushing the progress of tech and bringing prices down throught volume.

>900 dollaridos

>That bloated piece of dog turd known as TouchWiz
>It'll still lag and shit itself after 4 months of use
>Fingerprint sensor next to the camera sensor
>Bloated with Samsung's own version of Google apps and other craps
>Useless edge gimmicks
>Bixy assistant on top of Google assistant
>No headphone jack
>1.5 SoT hours due to 3000mah battery and 4k screen
>Note 7 fiasco forever

Samsung, everyone.

assmung

Ayyy.
I find staying on Lollipop stock to be the best thing for this phone. Marshmallow is hell with my 360 and YouTube/Skype/other audio things break up when they aren't in the foreground. And NO LAGS

>Bixy assistant
what the fuck is that

>he doesn't recognize KotOR
back you go, shoo

LOL

more like mate 9 pro

>6 GB of RAM
>actually 2.1 usable after all the bloatware boots up
>As soon as you walk out of the shop you the s8 will be declared old news and rumors about the s9 will surface

Not worth it

>6GB of ram
I guess that nsa video streaming software needs a lot of ram to always be running.