Whats your monthly data usage look like Sup Forums?

Whats your monthly data usage look like Sup Forums?

Is your economy plan capped at 1TB?

>data caps
Murrica is such a shithole.

usually 2-3 tb

given that they're the most defensive people in the world, they will likely come up with some bullshit to justify this

Yeah, its shit. It used to be 500GB, but they up'd it to 1TB now. I recently doubled my internet speeds, but it has not raised the cap. Its fucking ghey.

I only hit the limit once, and that's mostly cause I was building/upgrading a bunch of laptops, and desktops getting ISO and updates for like 6 machines.

Do Americans not understand sunk cost? How do they allow this? I dont want to get political but their voting habits recently make it look like they dont even care.

Murican here, I have Frontier 6Mbps down no data caps

Couldn't imagine using that much data with my shitty ass internet

our internet is shit. fucking companies spend millions laying down fiber, and claim ownership, instead of making it a community project so that any IPS can use the lines.

They claim heavy users congest traffic, so they limit it.
Its all BS. I might get subpar speeds twice a month for a whopping 10 minutes. But I guess if everyone around me is pushing 150 down, then the shitty lines cant handle it.

I hate this fucking country.

Trump put Ajit Pai, a former Verizon laywer, into the FCC. Hillary would have done something equivalent, seeing as she received ~$680000 from Comcast. We are not involved in our political process.

Two days after Ajit Pai got appointed, Cox dropped their 1TB hard cap with $10/50GB overage fee. Sure, I put in a complaint with the FCC, contacted my attorney generals, senators, people in the upcoming mayoral election, but that's not going to do anything.

Literally have fiber running outside my house. ISP wont allow us to use it.
I also hate this fucking country.

WiFi: 36.54 GB
Ethernet: 0

It's not always artificial scarcity. I had to have a node split carried out, via an FCC complaint, because 300mbps was a pipe dream, save for at 4AM. Regardless, you want to get really mad, go look at revenue compared to the cost of maintaining their network, for any publicly traded ISP.

Out of curiosity, what speeds do you guys get? Im in ass fuck nowhere England and i get 80/16.

I'm in a built up area in England it's about 36/5. I'll take that anyday over US datacaps.

I live in the middle of a corn field.

By contract, 300/30. In practice, ~370/50. The network is honestly fantastic.

Shame my ISP didn't have the foresight to offer an "unlimited" fee like Comcast has. Their ideal, technically illiterate customer is more likely to pay that for piece of mind than for them to collect an "overage fee". It's not just unethical as fuck, it's bad business.

Comcast.

I'm sorry,

I agree that data caps are shit but let's be honest... Most people will be fine with 1 TB of data per month. Over 30 GB a day is a lot unless you're constantly torrenting uncompressed 4k videos or something.

I had a Frontier guy out yesterday for internet issues. Gave us a new modem and said they are planning upgrade in our town this year and that we could get up to 25 down and 25 up. I have my fingers crossed.

My router doesn't track it monthly, only since last reconnection (it tends to reconnect a couple times a month). If I extrapolate the current reading, it's probably ~400GiB/Mo.

>Defensive

Pic related. It's (You)

Funny you mention 4K. 2160p streaming consumes ~25mbps per Netflix. Assuming two hours per day of viewing, not unusual for your average guy, that's 22.5GB/day, 675GB in a month. For one device.

I recognize we're not quite up to ubiquitous 4K, but if you're some dude with three kids and a wife, 1080p streaming on a variety of devices adds up about the same. Add that to other usage. Operating system updates, game downloads/updates. It'd be real easy to have a bad month.

i expected this to happen

>proves his point by being defensive
That's like punching somone in the face then screaming "I'm not angry!".