Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums,

Got $2,500 from Uni disbursement. Recently need a good (video-editing, gaming, personal, work) laptop [notice I said laptop cause I dont need a RIG cause I'm traveling].

I've been researching heavily for 6 months/waiting for one that seems to be worth the transition from my current one and now I believe Alienware still is prestigious in terms of price point/quality/build/aesthetics. So now I'm about to purchase an Alienware R3 15" 7th Gen Kaby Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ, GTX 1070 w 8GB GDDR5 $1791.00 after Uni discount, 10% discount and 3% off discount and taxes/shipping.

Convince me not to buy it or get a better/different model (looking at R2, Razer shit, MBP 15" 2015 Top specs, Dell GTX 1060, JASUS Rog trash, Lenovo Chinkpads, or anyother shit) that's worth more than it

A HP with a decent GPU is more than enough for gaymen.
Source: I am on one right now. With a GTX 950M Overwatch runs smooth.

HP is garbage, don't bother with them. Get a Dell.

yeah get the Alienware with the OLED display, should be pretty comfy

Don`t be a fag.
screw the gaming shitbooks and get a mobile workstation like HP Zbook 15/17, Dell Precision, Toshiba Tecra W series... etc.

Nigger.

Things you will never do on this laptop:
>video-editing
>work

Things you will 100% do on this laptop:
>"""gayming"""
>personal

Just buy your gaymer alienware thing and fuck off

I'm asking if it's a good quote, or can I get a Kabylake 1070 laptop that doesn't burst into flames from another Chink company for $200-500 less

R3 is best has special cooling system

What you have as deal is great I would jump on that

is right, buy the R3. Good deal with the discounts considering it's a kabylake 7700HQ & a 1070.

Alienware laptops are designed for the lowest common denominator PC gamer (rich kids)-- aka the fucking dumbest audience.

They are the Macbooks of gaming; except they have to functionally work, because they're supposed to play games.

It isn't going to shit the bed on you because of bad cooling.

Alienware..
kys
basically apple but for "gaymers"
Bet you pay for windows too

You're getting 2500$ from your university so get a 2499$ laptop. at that price you're getting a great machine anyway.

Why would I want anything more than $2400

Additionally, I could save the $800 from my R3 and just buy a used AW15 R2 i76770 GTX980M (Max graphics card for series) for $900 on eBay

The 980M is on par with the GTX1060 so even though I'm gonna get less CPU and GPU performance I basically reduced the price entirely by half

However Alienwares aren't meant to last or so I've heard so I might be shooting myself in the foot here

OK you can call it what you like but Alienware is quality, it has a business class trackpad for instance

Something being durable and accessible like a Alienware sure you can say is LCD but anyone should appreciate it

Anyone who tells you Alienware is trash is a faggot and probably convinces themselves that their 10yr old Chinkpad is "class".

I'm confused.
are you spending any money yourself or is your university paying for it?

I have 2 Alienware computers and both are quite excellent. No regrets. They've even toned down some of the HOLEE SHIT GAMER style so my laptop I wouldn't be embarrassed to take outside

>spending 1.8k on a pajeet turd.

My university gave me a disbursement based on my financial aid/scholarship I have received $3,500 and chose only to spend $2,000-$2400 on a new laptop.

I have $6,000 saved up otherwise. Yea I know my finances are ridiculous but that's why I'm saying I'm also fine spending $900 on an R2 with a 980

LAST QUESTION BEFORE BUYING:

Is the stock 60Hz IPS preferably better than the 120Hz TN panel (both have G-Sync configured which will fucking drain my battery)

You're not making any sense David!
just buy a fucking laptop at the price range that you want and stop wasting everybody's time!

I'm saying a $900 used R2 is economically reasonable than an $1789 R3 which have been having a shit ton of thermal cooling issues (redditfags constantly reporting it)

Also the bezel is large as fuck on the R3, what the hell

Need some help fools

MACBOOK PRO 2015 IS A BETTER CHOICE OP

You should get a 17" screen, because editing on 15" screen is going to be incredibly annoying.

Not necessarily, also

Is the stock 60Hz IPS preferably better than the 120Hz TN panel (both have G-Sync configured which will fucking drain my battery)

BUMPPPP

CAN ANYONE HLEPP

lol you're pathetic if you'd be embarassed to take out your gaymen laptop in LGBTQ 2016 le year of our lord

>implying Sup Forums is your personal shopper

half the price for more power, upgradeability, better thermals, and lower acoustics.

I'm in college and plan on transferring within 6 months mind you, the ability to transport a PC rig without it damaging is an issue

Clevo/sager from a good distributor. Somewhat discrete, excellent customization options, good thermals.

Clevo is nice but I dont' want the motherboard failing on me in 3m like I've read on here or somewhere

Where have you heard that? Clevo and Sager have excellent policies.
Alienware, particularly the newest refresh, seems to suffer from catastrophic heating issues from bad paste jobs etc.

Yeah but a half baked potato could run overwatch smoothly too.

you can throw it in a backpack no problem, just don't bang it up.

No the newest refresh is the Kaby, the Pre-December 6th R3 ones are the ones with heating issues.

Also

No one's heard of Clevo outside here and other PC forum shits/I prefer normieware

Why the hell would I want to carry it in that

Yeah except what about the monitor as well you stupid fucking shitstick?

lmao

>he doesn't have a tv in his dorm
get a disposable 1080p monitor shits like $60. It isn't that hard to make it work.

ABOUT TO PULL THE TRIGGER, SOMEONE STOP ME PLEASEEEEE

if you can afford to waste that much then go for it.

Razerblade.

>paying taxes on something you'll be using for work

Nigger I hope you write that shit off.

I can afford it cause my Uni sent me a disbursement. Right now I'm typing from a shitbook pro 13" i5, I can't stand Apple's bullshit transition anymore to no ports so I'm bout to flip this fucker

How the fucc do I do that, I'm not employed for any job, also I've never filed taxes b, I'm only 19

I just ordered it Sup Forums wish me luck

>can I get a Kabylake 1070 laptop that doesn't burst into flames
No, you can't. The GPU alone spits out more than one hundred watts of heat, then add in the 45 watts from the HQ CPU it'll probably be paired with. Any gaming laptop you can get will not last more than three years.

>get a disposable 1080p monitor

What did he mean by this?

vaio

>vaio
Dad had one with SSD and everything, 1.5 year later (battery life burnt out) (viruses) etc

As much of a meme machine as it is, I genuinely don't see why you wouldn't buy a Razer Blade with a 1060. I doubt you'll be playing games above 1080p even with the 1070, and the smaller form factor just makes it seem more appealing

you should kill yourself faggot. we all know you have no where to go.

>we all know you have no where to go.
You're posting on a Turkish-airplane model trading site

If you don't mind a little bulk i really love my sager. Takes about 2 weeks for them to make it according to what specs you choose. I payed 1900$ for this one without the nvme drives or an OS installed. Gpus actually have 6gb ram and it is a desktop class cpu.

Also 75hz screens that can OC to 100hz.

How tf are you getting 135+ FPS on GTA V at Ultra with a 970M

>>Reads two GTX970M

ohhh.....

How are they not burning a hole in your desk

Doing any serious editing and gaming on a laptop is fucking aids. Just buy a decent laptop for $500-$1000 then spend the remainder on the desktop. You'll get much better performance out of a desktop and its much comfier to work with.

If you really need a laptop because you travel oh so much then realize the sheer bulk of a gayman laptop and how cumbersome it will be. If you want more help provide more info, do you need it for mainly gayman, how much editing do you do, etc.

get cheap middle end laptop and a nicer desktop, remote connect into the desktop and all your problems disappear