Iphone SE in 2017

Hello Sup Forums. Do you guys think there will be an upgrade for the iphone SE this year?

Or should I just pull the trigger with the 2016 iphone SE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/04/apple-unlikely-to-refresh-iphone-se-in-first-half-of-2017-analyst-says
macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I say just get the SE. I'm using an OG iphone 5 and it's plenty fast for me. SE would just be better. All I do is web browse in safari though.

Ill probably get an SE soon.

Do you still get updates for your 5?
Yeah... For any serious work I would use my computer.

it's possible. it helps pad out their keynotes.

i pulled the trigger on the SE a few weeks ago 4/5 pretty gud

Has anyone updated to the latest stable ios? I read there are problems with the battery life.

Thanks!

here
i personally haven't had any problems with battery life. gets me though the week day with what i consider heavy usage(wifi off, BT off) on full brightness without topping off periodically. Better then my Nexus 5x in that regard.

The oneplus 3T jist shit all over the iPhone 7 plus

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

I'm getting one soon. I never really liked my iPhone SE anyway. It's smaller than you think, texting is literally impossible to with your thumbs.

Yep threes a new one in the works... the SES

No headphone jack, no power button.

I don't understand, and I see this everywhere. Why do people compare phones based on how fast they can open apps? It is more important, for me, to see the performance in apps. Like watching for lagging when scrolling down a page, watching a video, playing a game.

>Yep threes a new one in the works... the SES

No there isn't. They already said it wouldn't be updated until 2018.

Doubt it. It's Apples budget option with minimal effort involved. There is still not a single phone competing with SE, so why the fuck would they waste time and money on something new? Hardware-wise it's still one of the fastest phones out there, so even less reasons to do anything. Hell, they just made it even faster with new iOS update.

i use an SE and it's fantastic, don't feel the need for an upgrade

plus it's the cheapest iPhone you can get

Upgraded to 10.3 yesterday, didn't use it much so it's still at 88% (1h usage, 23h standby). Never had any battery life issues with previous upgrades either.

This. How can samsung even compete with iBombs?

>Note 7 with 3500 mAh
>starts a little fire
>iPhone 6s with 1715 mAh
>BTFO an entire fucking plane
Why is Apple so efficient?

>No there isn't. They already said it wouldn't be updated until 2018.

Didn't know that they said that. Can you please provide the source? If it's true, I'll buy one right away.

Not him and I guess it's not overly official but it does sound like common sense.

appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/04/apple-unlikely-to-refresh-iphone-se-in-first-half-of-2017-analyst-says

>t. iToddler

>20 minute battery life
>eye cancer resolution
>manlet screen
>lags like shit after 1 year of """"""""""updates"""""""

Appletards are literal cucks.

>iBombs
I can't breathe

says the SJW feminist cuck

So how does it make you feel when SJWs feminists cucks get laid with blue bubbles while you can only jerk off to your waifus?

you actually reported my post KEK

how mad can one loser get?

unlikely that the se will get annual updates, since it's supposed to be the "entry level" iphone. more likely would be surplus 7 chips going into the se 2 in 2017, or maybe even 2018 if apple feels like dragging ass on it.

2018/2019 i mean, fuck

WHEN DO I GET MY TOUCHSCREEN JESUS

There's a good chance the iPhone 8 might come in three sizes this year: 4.7, 5, and 5.5-inch.
But they also might just update the iPhone 7 to 7s.
It's a gamble this year.

macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/

The SE is NOT getting an upgrade any time soon, my launch SE still runs silky and sexy. If you get one today you can expect a solid 3 to 4 more years out of it.

>WHEN DO I GET MY TOUCHSCREEN JESUS
As far as I know every iPhone has a touch screen.

How an app performs in random tasks is hard to quantify. App opening speed can be reproduced over and over.

Talking about laptops, fag

Used gfs ex iphone 5 for couple of months.

Still gets updates and is fast enough for everything.

iOS in general is piece of shit tho, will be enough if you're normie but so much shit is missing compared to android+cheap_chinese_phone combo.

So no 4 inch iphone around until first half of the year? How reliable are these sources?

Typing this from my OP3T, it's just unbelievable for the price. Zero lag whatsoever.

That's a big phone. I prefer sub 5 inch phones.

normies, like always

Bump for new SE in 2017. Who thinks it will happen?

>t. iToddler

too bad it only works on gsm carriers tho

i'd buy one in a heartbeat if i didn't have to leave my grandfathered sprint unlimited data plan

t. manlet with baby hands

I get the impression from androids' shit battery life, constant splash screens, googles' use-half-of-the-fucking-ram botnet and having to delete dalvik cache every fucking week to make the phone work decently. Fucking andrones never learn.

Doubt it. SE is budget model in Apples lineup, but still very capable. Never really been a fan of Apple gear, but my SE is brilliant. Snappy and responsive, good camera, and really good battery life, plus I don't like big phones.

as far as the hardware, id say its the best apple will ever make
get the current se

Yeah... They might remove the headphone jack if they make another one right?

Might. But I doubt it. As a couple anons have mentioned, it's unfortunately positioned as the budget offering. So removing the headphone jack isn't really feasible if you tell someone the price of the phone is $450, plus another $150 or whatever for some BT headphones. I guess there's the dongle. But it still seems unlikely.

It really shouldn't be the "cheap" iPhone, though. I bought one to go back to a small phone and I really wish they offered the full range of leather case colors instead of black, dark blue, and aids awareness.

yes. if it's good enough for her, then it should be good enough for you