Daily reminder that Windows 10 is GOAT

daily reminder that Windows 10 is GOAT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pe5XH-_u8Y
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2016/11/16/announcing-sql-server-on-linux-public-preview-first-preview-of-next-release-of-sql-server/?Ocid=C E Social FY17_Social_TW_SQLServer_20161116_665997441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Current state of windows

It is better than vista!
youtube.com/watch?v=1pe5XH-_u8Y

Alright, so most acronyms and shit i figures out over time
Even going way back to when it was socially acceptable to say rotflmao

But what the hell does goat mean

Goat of all time

>mfw all of these threads come at linux from a desktop perspective

Call me whenever I can run a nextcloud server for free on a headless Windows machine with less overhead than just running it native.

GREATEST
OF
ALL
TIME

Like Muhammad Ali

Redpill me on Windows 10. How is it better than 8.1?

>DX12
>virtual desktops
>unfocused scrolling
>new windows update
>better performance
>actual start menu
>edge

0/10

Anyone else?

Of course, only a windows user would film his screen

what games use DX12 and how important is it really?

What's a virtual desktop and how does it make my life easier?

unfocused what?

how much better is the performance, and what programs does it most affect?

I have classic shell for 8.1 so the start menu has never been an issue for me

what's edge?

More spyware included and it's effective. It sends information when you open and close files and it goes through your files at night instead of during the day. It has forced restarts at inconvenient hours (when you use it the most) by default so it forces you to learn how to set the forced restarts at a time when you are not using the computer usually. And if you are lazy then you will have forced restarts in the middle of your work so it filters out the lazy.

Also games, and it's not Linux so you don't have to deal with a million choices. Most of the time you have no choices at all to deal with.

DX12 is a meme. DX11 runs games better than DX12. You can run any OS with a virtual desktop without installing it. A few frames better, nothing to drastic though. I don't like the windows 10 start menu so I also use classic shell. Edge is the new IE but it doesn't support .webm's so it sucks.

>what games use DX12 and how important is it really?

There will be many in the future and it is very important

>What's a virtual desktop and how does it make my life easier?

It's like a desktop made of software instead of hardware. You can put all your files on the desktop instead of searching for them in the file explorer.

>unfocused what?

Unfocused scrolling. It blurs the screen when you scroll so that for example the content of a website don't interfere with the pure scrolling experience by reading what is on the screen.

>how much better is the performance, and what programs does it most affect?

It is much much better. For example the telemetry (which makes windows better and better with each update) does not slow down the computer as much as it does if you install the telemetry on Windows 7.

>I have classic shell for 8.1 so the start menu has never been an issue for me

Start menu is the main feature of Windows 10, you are missing out.

>what's edge?

It's the best browser.

>There will be many in the future and it is very important
Did Windows need to be re-written to make DX12 possible, or is this just one of those things intended to force the holders-on into the next operating system which they don't want?

Period.

GNU/Linux*

>DX12 is a meme

So was DX11 when it came out, and DX10 before that, and DX9 before that....

The had to rework WDDM such that there were breaking changes.

Incredibly disingenuous post. You didnt mention prepackaged advertisements and recommendations, eg insistence that you use edge if you try to open firefox

Drink every time 'Godly' is used.

This board would be better with id's

Neck Yourself

Fuck off, sh*ll

Saved. These are most of the reasons I get rid of OS X in favor of Debian.

Never had any issues that was actually window's fault, only driver issues (killer fixed that eventually) or hardware issues.
That looks a lot like a driver/hardware issue with the gpu.
I've got to the the only person in the world who didn't have a problem with vista.
Then again I didn't buy some cheapo $100 netbook.
I also loved windows 8 and 8.1

>Start menu is the main feature of Windows 10

Listen you piece of shit, how the fuck DARE you call Windows anything but shit-tier.

I've had to set up MS SQL Server and IIS in a test environment, and I'm just about done with this sorry fucking excuse of a system.

> But user! In Windows 10 ls actually works!
No fucking excuse.
MS SQL Server is not a bad SQL Server, it just hates you. Why are there two separate programs that handles its settings? Why do you have to use both to have it accept connections from the outside? Why can't you script any of this shit?

I get why people just use MySQL now. Because on Windows, it's actually not painful to set up. And after it's installed you can just use it.

On Linux you can use just about anything except MS SQL, but it's a niche product for SMBs that need an all-in-one solution with good ootb security and acceptable performance.

There is NOTHING about Windows that helps you get shit done. I'm currently tearing my hair out getting url-rewriting to work properly (I have to have an IIS server send specific requests to a separate java web application), and you'd THINK that it would be easy to tell it to do:
> Incoming requests to [root-url]/[appname]/* gets redirected to localhost:[port]/*
> Also, rewrite outgoing urls in the same way so that internal links aren't fucked.

That would be ALL I needed to get my fucking web app deployed on the test server.
Guess what guys, it's not.

Of course, I neglected to mention that the killer functionality for MS SQL Server is the ability to talk to Excel Spreadsheets, because that shit isn't cancerous enough as it is.

t. person who doesn't know how to use windows

Feel free to actually mention anything that would make my miserable day less miserable.

If you know the magic button that makes IIS proxy correctly, I would be delighted to hear it.

>On Linux you can use just about anything except MS SQL

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2016/11/16/announcing-sql-server-on-linux-public-preview-first-preview-of-next-release-of-sql-server/?Ocid=C E Social FY17_Social_TW_SQLServer_20161116_665997441

Nice link isn't it? kek

AMD GPU?

This is kind of interesting, but I don't really see why I'd want to run MSSQL server on Linux, and not just stick with Postgres or MariaDB/MySQL.

Like if Linux didn't have random graphical glitches on literally every DE...

muh compatibility and cheaper.

> Postgres or MariaDB/MySQL.
>not memegoddb
Just don't use defaults.

>implying it will justify it
W10 supposed to be "professional" software.

Postgres and MariaDB are both very competitively priced with MS SQL.

> MongoDB
It's a poor fit for what I'm doing.

>unfocused scrolling
Not knowing how to turn it on since Windows Vista, git gud :^)

I think Windows ME is better than Win10 and Win8. Sad when WinME is more consistent than two OS almost twenty years later. Education has apparently failed.

With the release of Vulkan there are zero (0) reasons to use Windows 10 for anything

Bro open sauce MAD drivers (radeon) are better than windowns or lunux closed source drivers. I have 7-10 FPS moar no CS:GO, no artifacts or glitches. Just install Gentoo and download radeon drivers and latest MESA.

Most of the newer Paradox games run fine on Linux too.

Given the number of machines it's installed on, and that we're judging greatness on the number of successfully infected machines, I'd say I've got to agree. Windows 10 is most definitely the greatest malware of all time.

It isn't. Always base your OS choice on the anime chan. The hotter the chan, the better the OS. Windows 10 has white hair. White! Explain how that is better than the brown hair of 8.1 chan or even the blue of 7 chan.

Government
Owned
Automated
Telemetry

Only lead drinkers run Windows 10.

Fucking love it. I still use Ubuntu and OSX but I use Windows 10 as my main OS by choice.

more like SHEEP