UK schools teach "girls can't do physics" to children aged 6

>The report launched today by the Institute of Physics (IOP) entitled "Closing Doors" shows that the majority of schools fail to encourage subject choices in a gender neutral way. Boys are less likely to take stereotypically girls' subjects such as psychology or English, whereas girls are opting not to take physics or economics A-level, stereotypically identified as "for boys". This is not good news. Our children should be free to choose to study what really excites them, not subtly steered away from certain subjects because teachers believe in and propagate the stereotypes. Last year the IOP published a report "It's Different for Girls" which demonstrated that essentially half of state coeducational schools did not see a single girl progress to A-level physics. By contrast, the likelihood of girls progressing from single sex schools were two and a half times greater.

>When discussing the launch of this report on the BBC Today programme I was challenged by a headteacher that "maybe girls just don't like physics".

theguardian.com/science/occams-corner/2013/dec/09/gender-stereotypes-schools-children-choices

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081217124430.htm
cnn.com/2017/01/23/opinions/trump-tpp-not-victory-tasini-opinion/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cVaTc15plVs
youtube.com/watch?v=w7NoW703iQY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>UK
who fucking cares

>When discussing the launch of this report on the BBC Today programme I was challenged by a headteacher that "maybe girls just don't like physics".

You know, maybe. But no, let's force girls to like these other subjects, for the sake of equality. Let's give them "freedom" by choosing things for them. Filthy hypocrites.

But they don't, user. They're being taught that. The article shows the evidence against it. Did you read it?

>both genders naturally and instinctive choose things suited to their gender

>"This is not good news."
>OY VEY

Girls actually prefer English and psych because they have more empathy and can communicate more easily

Boys are better at spatial reasoning so they choose things like physics

It's not a social thing it's a biology thing

I don't blame them, physics at school was boring.
What is stereotypically girly about studying English?

UK education system (and soon the entire country) is fucked, so this news are hardly news. It's a shame idiots can't adopt Finnish education system everywhere already and keep dumbing down their future population.

Proof?

Biology is sexist

And here's a source if you're interested
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081217124430.htm

>2013

Wow, did you just woke up from coma?

Also Drumpf won if you ought to know.

>10% difference
>and
"The big question remains whether this is nature or nurture. On the one hand, boys, compared to girls, may have opportunities to cultivate this skill, but if we eventually see both a strong performance and parietal lobe structural difference in children, it would support a biological, not just environmental, effect," Nopoulos added."

If it's natural, then why don't you let it happen naturally? Why do you have to force feed kids this shit?

To get them over their internalised sexism.
There's a massive drag factor of external reinforcers of sexist thoughts, like reality, experience, and being alive, so you have to counter these things with correctthink.

Muslim countries are known for mistreating their women.

>fix internalised sexism by teaching sexism
You sound confused...

>alt right / sjw baiting

Literally why? It's not even got anything to do with tech.

>physics has nothing to do with tech
Your low IQ is showing.

By the same logic we might as well have posts about finances and the economy in here because you need money to buy technology

Okay, let me draw this for your challenged intelligence:

Physics = tech
Finance and Economics = not tech

Glad we had this conversation. Hope it cleared things up for you.

Physics = not tech
Finance and Economics = not tech

Fixed.

Not entirely wrong

>physics has nothing tp do with tech
Engineers use physics you dip. You cannot graduate with a BS in engineering unless you take physics and not even the easy physics non STEM majors take. An engineer who doesn't know physics is like a pajeet who doesn't know to to shit on the street.

You = retarded faggot

Tech requires physics you faggot. You can not build any tech without a knowledge in physics.

No You.

Irrelevant, Still not technology.

>being this fucking retarded

There's no point in even trying to get through your thick skulls really is there? Now there's a physics lesson for ya...

>Pump a country full of islam until it is bursting at the seams
>Be surprised at islamic gender roles being enforced

WOOOOOOOOW

Without knowledge in physics you cannot build tech. All you think tech is is writing software. Without the hardware you have no tech you cuck.

Sup Forums thinks only computers are tech. This board is beyond any reasonable hope tbqh...

Without money you cannot buy tech. So hey, let's bring financial threads in!

You really are fucking stupid.

Without knowledge in communication, you cannot build tech.
Without knowledge in Economics, you cannot build tech.
Without knowledge in basic Mathematics, you cannot build tech.

and yet, none of these are technology.

No.

God damn you are fucking stupid. There are engineers who have understanding in economics period and can create and build things like tech but if they had no clue in phsics they could never build anything. You codemonkeys literally think the hardware components appear out of thin air. Someone with knowledge in physics built them.

So?

Math is generally accepted to be the same as physics but with real world objects. The other 2 have no bearing on if an engineer can build a piece of tech. An engineer can be an autist who has no clue how economies work but can still build a piece of tech.

>Technology is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation. Technology can be the knowledge of techniques, processes, and the like, or it can be embedded in machines which can be operated without detailed knowledge of their workings.
Enjoy your rectal shattering.

>engineer can build a piece of tech
Yes it is, how can someone learn to be an engineer if he has no knowledge of communication?

How can someone build something if he has no funding?

You are a retard.

I hope Australia sinks into the ocean you shitposting vegemite cunt.

>which can be operated without detailed knowledge of their workings.

This literally says that Physics is not Technology, you fucking moron.

Mathfag here. Can confirm Physicists have no detailed knowledge of Math, which is its workings. So I'm afraid Physics qualifies, sir.

An engineer doesnt need to know how to run a business asstralian. You think most engineers own a business or firm?

>all the best writers are male
>All the leading psychologists were male
>"Stereotypical female subjects"
No

>. Our children should be free to choose to study what really excites them,

This is why boys and girls choose physics and psychology, why force them into something they will hate?

Yes he does, he has monetary restrictions.
It's like you have never worked in any actual engineering job!

>choose what you wanna study
>school

Idk about private schools, but public school teachers don't give a shit what students want.Whoever wrote this article is living in fantasy land.

>this is what sjw belive

>why force them into something they will hate
That's the exact point of the article, retard. Why teach 6 year old girls that they can't do physics? That's retarded!

>it's a mathamatician thinks he is superior to physicists and engineer epsiode
Yea take 2 years to solve a problem so the structure is 99% efficient compared to the engineer who makes the structure 96% efficient by simple formulas and some winging it. You would bankrupt your customer from all the interest they compounded because the project isn't built because you have to be PERFECT.

You don't have to be a fucking accountant to understand what a budget is.
In a company I worked at I just had to give an assistant manager,or whatever he was,a list of parts I needed and he told me whether it was approved or not.
Financial department does all the complex financial bullshit.

Haha, nice delusions, butthurt dumbgineer. I work in Operations Research and the amount of money I save my customers is off the hook!

Yes you do, Economy is Technology now.

Holy hell that's retarded. If girls want mechano they'd have it. Parents don't force toys on children. Children force parents to buy the toys they like.
I still remember getting a shaving ken doll. Even though that's a very faggy thing for a five year old.
But guess what, as a male I wasn't interested in the doll. I was curious about how that shaving works. If a Girls interested in 'creative' toys that's what they'll get. But more often than not they don't. Because their social animals.

Holy fucking shit, next you'll say cryptography is not technology, or machine learning is not technology!

Nice. I'm posting in a Sup Forums thread that somehow found its way into Sup Forums.

Yea it's not like boys are obsessed with football and vidya most of their childhood or anything.

I hope you spend your big income on your gf/ wife user. I hear mathamaticians are pussy slayers and total players.

DELET

Politics is tech. Trump is gonna talk about restricting H1bs this week. Trump is saving America from pajeet and curry smelling offices.

We shouldnt stereotype kids and we should be teaching subjects as gender neutral.

It probably wouldnt make huge swings in numbers, but you should allow girls to be interested in physics if they want.

The point is pretty moot though, honestly I cant imagine schools actually being gender specific and pushing it one way or another.

Media and culture we are in pretty much do that anyways, so the people in the OP complaining arent really going to fix much by messing with the school books.

Its hard to have a social life in STEM fields though. Maybe in medical fields. Chicks need social activites while men can thrive under solitude conditions where you only interact with colleagues and never go out to bars or the mosque if you are a european.

Trump is gonna remove the rajeets
#YesMyPresident

>big corporate mogul
>interested in hiring as much people as possible for as low as possible
>is gonna ban pajeets
LMAO, keep dreaming...

Trump has a nose. Even the most Porky Capitalist hates the smell of pajeets. I mean fuck soap and cologne exist.

If his goal was as you said he wouldn't have stopped the TPP. I'm guessing your another uninformed Antifa cuck.

He didn't stop the TPP.

Try reading once in your life: cnn.com/2017/01/23/opinions/trump-tpp-not-victory-tasini-opinion/index.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/kys/

Did 'correctthink' really not give it away?

9000 hours in gimp

but they can't, as nobel prize always show

>Entire report predicated on the basis that boys and girls choose the same subjects if there is no outside influence
>Literally using debunked feminist theories from the 1980s
Fucking hell these morons hate science, might as well use Freudian theory at this point

>Freudian theory
how is your oedipus complex going today?

>correctthink
Has Newspeak 2.0 come out yet? That word sounds like it came strait out of 1984.

Plz don't report me to Thinkpol

those women were paid to act like worthless bitches, that's what media wants to sell

also, men got a lot of aids from the cameraman

>Britain, 87% white
Meanwhile
>America, 60% white

Yeah really bursting at the seams there senpai

Found the """""""""girl"""""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=cVaTc15plVs

Pretty sure you meant to quote all the edgy sexists instead.

We did let it happen naturally, until these retards in the OP fucked it all up.

>those women were paid to act like worthless bitches, that's what media wants to sell
>also, men got a lot of aids from the cameraman

JIDF plz go

>that denial

youtube.com/watch?v=w7NoW703iQY

>and here is my proof:

>telling kids they can't do something is letting things happen naturally

>lion is the king of the jungle
>lioness go to hunt, bring food while lion lick his balls
>men is the king of creation
>woman bitch and cries and complains

uhhh.... what?

Males are better then girls because of sexual dimorphism. Sexual dimorphism makes males stronger,more intelligent and more emotional stable then women. This is why the government needs to have affirmative action and gender quotas so females can compete against men who are naturally competitive and better then women. Society has done a great job at handicapping men so women can compete and at the same time it will be the destruction of your society because you are hurting the people who fought to protect us and who build civilization. also every feminist country that you see has decreasing birth rates below replacement levels and slow but failing societies.

No one did that.
If anything, it's the people in the OP telling people what they can and can't do.

In britain they're concentrated, a place is either islamic dominated or it isn't. There are no-go zones if you aren't a muslim, sharia police patrolling the streets, Sharia law and courts in effect, Muslim only schools, you see the issue yet? You know in some of those schools, where they practice gender segregation I may add, they don't teach the sciences to girls at all?

In america they are far more diffuse in the population and tend to integrate to a far higher degree.

>then
cringed hard

>did not see a single girl progress to A-level physics. By contrast, the likelihood of girls progressing from single sex schools were two and a half times greater.
>0 * 2.5 = 0
What has this proven?

All quote mining and jokes aside, people should be encouraged to study whatever they want to study regardless of sex etc. I love physics and I think everyone should study it but I learnt long ago that not everyone wants to. What's this twat recommending? That boys are discouraged from studying physics? That girls are forced to?

Also that xkcd pisses me off, there are lots of things for which people say boys suck when one guy happens to be bad at it or make a mistake, for example it's common parlance that guys are terrible at understanding feelings and I bet there is not a single person on this board who has heard somebody say "Guys can't multitask but women do it all the time." It's not the whole story, pushing a shitty feel good agenda, not helping anyone and it's bullshit.

I hope you enjoyed your calculus course. :^)

most women suck dick and can barely do anything here. they just rely on beta orbiters doing stuff for them.
t. studying on polytechnic

HOW IS THIS RELATED TO TECHNOLOGY

>Our children should be free to choose to study what really excites them, not subtly steered away from certain subjects because teachers believe in and propagate the stereotypes.
The irony is incredible.

physics is cold and unemotional, as it should be