/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Asus Zenfone 3S Max review
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3s_max-review-1562.php

New rumor says Oppo Find 9 will feature 21MP/16MP camera combo, 4,100mAh battery
gsmarena.com/new_rumor_says_oppo_find_9_will_feature_21mp_16mp_camera_combo_4100mah_battery-news-23043.php

LeEco Le Pro 3 Review: Pocketnow
youtu.be/gsjOi5dLhOk

Honor 6X review: a lot of phone for the money, shame about the old software
theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/30/honor-6x-review-a-lot-of-phone-for-the-money-shame-about-the-old-software

Moto G5 Play specs leak: 5-inch 1080p display, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 430 processor
androidauthority.com/moto-g5-specs-leak-746096/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/results.php3?fDisplayInchesMin=5.5&sFreeText=Qi
androidauthority.com/major-smartphone-releases-2017-746078/
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?sku=1255534&Q=&c3api=1876,92051678882,&O=&m=Y&gclid=CJ2ciNDG6tECFYE8gQodAGIFtA&is=REG&ap=y&A=details
youtube.com/watch?v=2cOUseflKNE&list=WL&index=97
youtube.com/watch?v=SVP4wHAhwiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for zuk z2

Xiaomi Mi S when?
My wallet is ready and my Moto G1 is ready to retire

If you don't play games much. Which one is better for the battery? MT6752 or SD652?

Requirements
>5.5" or bigger screen
>QC2.0 or better
>Qi Charging
>SD chip

Preferences
>USB-C
>Good speakers
>Fingerprint sensor
>LineageOS support

I will give up all of the preferences for a phone that satisfies the requirements. Any suggestions?

What phones?

gsmarena.com/results.php3?fDisplayInchesMin=5.5&sFreeText=Qi

SD652 obviously. don't touch mediakek.

i switched to iphone recently and after a months use i can say i rly like it

android sucks

faggot detected

Good for you user, enjoy what you enjoy.

Here's the unfortunate truth.
Never ever buy a phone with a processor that isn't produced by Apple (Ax), Huawei (Kirin), Qualcomm (Snapdragon), or Samsung (Exynos). They're the only reputable process manufacturers. Qualcomm is generally speaking a shitty company but unfortunately they're the dominant ones in the android market.

As for your question specifically, Snap652.

>I'm not a Google hobbyist phone shill so I'm a faggot

nice argument, linuxtard

Glad you like it. I still can't believe they don't have quick charge yet.

Theme engine on LineageOS 14.1 when ?!

When CMTE happens because no one is jumping on Sub.

But LineageOS 14.1 is useless without it.
I install it on HTC M8, smooth and stable and all, but at least the stock SenseUI gave me a great customization.

Then just use a launcher for the time being like damn gurl

Yeah, it'll allow me to change basic things, like icons and such. I want to change the battery/network indicators, it is soo ugly on LineageOS, it reminds me with android kitkat on Note2 !

Does anyone here have the Zenfone 3 ZE552KL?

sup /spg/, my G4 got bootlooped so I got stuck with an old, trade-in Galaxy S5 until May this year. This would be fine if it weren't for the insufferable battery life. What can I do to remedy this, besides buying a new battery for it (which I already did)?

You sure you got a genuine battery?

Bought a Samsung genuine battery, but it hasn't arrived yet. The battery that came with it was genuine as well, but obviously has been charged a couple hundred cycles, and was on its last legs.

I have a Jiayu S3 and I'm thinking of retiring it. I'm thinking of the LeEco Le 2 X520 with an SD652 SoC but I'm thinking that maybe my Jiayu S3 with MT6752 has a better battery performance compared to the SD652.

Who else still rocking the v10

Just bootloop my shift up senpai

I have a s4 phone.
How do I debloat it fully?
It is rooted but I never did anything else besides that.

Install system app remover and delete all the apps you dont need

If you want battery life then get one of the Xiaomi Redmi phones

So I've had a HTC One M7 since launch, and it's finally just got to the point where I can't deal with it anymore, battery's too unstable, purple tinge camera, etc.

Thing is, I'm perfectly happy with the performance of the M7 which is like, 4 years old now. Are chinkphones a good replacement for this? Will they be as reliable and long-lasting?

OP3T

The HTC is a chinkphone desu neko chan.

If you don't care for price then just wait for the actual HTC 11.

just get a xiaomi mi4 for $90 and install lineage os.
snapdildo 800, 1/3" sensor with f1.8 lens. make sure to get the 32GB lte version.

If I were to put a port of the Note 7 ROM on my Note 4, would I have to worry about it trying to download the phone-killing update at this point?

Having it rooted would stop it either way, wouldn't it? Since Samsung and other manufacturers don't like pushing their updates to rooted phones.

Don't put the note 7 rom on your device. It will download the phone-killing update at some point.

>Note 7 ROM on my Note 4
i swear i see this in every single spg thread
literally what the fuck is up

Sugoi, thanks.

2017 release calendar: All the major smartphones we’re expecting this year
androidauthority.com/major-smartphone-releases-2017-746078/

What phone are you excited for the most?

Samsung S8 Plus. At least until I can trade it in for a note 8.

cheapest i can get the redmi note 3 pro 3gb? its $137 for the 2gb but $157 for 1 gb more?

And it'll push it through even if it's rooted?

I suppose I could understand Samsung doing that, considering why it needs to be installed in the first place but, still. That sucks.

>tfw my v10 was going nice until last week when it suddenly bootlooped
>sent a repair request but remember I changed the screen hardware due to damage
>don't want to ship it because i'm sure they'll deny it
Maybe one day someone will make a way for me to be able to flash stock firmware onto it and make it all new again.

Yes $157 is the cheapest price at the moment ($158 for the special edition), it's worth it paying more for the extra ram

Will there be a iPhone SE 2nd edition this year? Or should I buy one now?

Zuk Z2 or Xiaomi Mi5? Is the Mi5 worth the extra? People keep saying how the z2's screen is oh so terrible and stuff but at least through videos I don't see anything wrong with it.

My brother told me that if you leave it for some days, for some reason it will boot and allow a few minutes of access. I don't know how reliable it would be to flash a stock image but you should be able to extract data you need in that time no?

Also anecdotal so I dont know if it will work for you.

ZUK Z2
>cheaper
>1gb more ram, double the storage
>higher clocked CPU
>more LTE bands

Mi5
>better camera
>better display
>better audio
>better build quality
>more custom roms (inc. official LineageOS build)

Nobody knows yet so just get the SE

Oh it would do that for me actually. It would turn on for just a moment. Was able to get pictures and downloads off at least. After that I did try to flash what I believe was stalk, but I guess it didn't work because AT&T are fucking assholes. Any other carrier it seems you can flash fine or root, but not AT&T. Not gonna buy directly from them next time. Will just get an international unlocked model. Whatever I flash, I guess it wasn't stock and it probably didn't work right either. One reason I loved my G2. If I ever had a problem I could just flash it brand new. Maybe I should start using it again.

But yeah I think it's bricked for good now kek. I don't think LG really repairs it either. They just ship you a new or refurbished phone instead.

Why in the name of god is my 5.1 Android not finding my home wifi? 6 finds it no probs. d wlan on 5GHz band.

pot shot in the dark, check the encryption of the wifi. I know some have trouble with older android versions.

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?

What the fuck is up these utter bullshit numbers? These phones don't come even CLOSE to performing like this.

Requirements
>5" or slightly bigger (can go to 5.5") screen.
>QC2.0 or better.
>USB-C.
>Support for Lineage OS or other rom that is close to (or is) AOSP.
>A good battery, preferably 3500 mAh or better.

Preferences
>SD-Card Slot.
>Fingerprint sensor.
>Good DAC and amp.
>Good camera.

Ideally should be around 300 dollars, under 400 in any case. Would be nice to hear if anybody has any suggestions!

those numbers seem way to high

Could we just rename this to /BotNetGeneral/ thread?

Do you just not have a smartphone at all then?

>People keep saying how the z2's screen is oh so terrible and stuff but at least through videos I don't see anything wrong with it.

Autistic kids think HD to full HD on a 5 inch screen makes a difference

I have a pager and that's it

Hats off to you for being 40 years behind the world.

What's a good ROM for the g1

It's not real life usage
>The web browsing test is performed using an automated script which reloads a webpage every ten seconds. There are no flash elements on the web pages, so the playing field is even. The brightness of the phones' displays is set to 50% and we use a 802.11n access point placed a few meters away to get full connectivity bars.

>In our video playback test we measure how long it takes for a device to run its fully charged battery down to 10%, while looping a standard-definition video. We stop at 10% since most devices shut their video players at this point. The display is again set to 50%, and all radios on the device are switched off (Airplane mode).

I've gotten over 8.5h SoT on my Oneplus One but that's been with the screen on the whole time from 100% to 1%

give me three good reasons to upgrade my OPO

The ZUK is full HD though. And when talking about the display quality it's not about the resolution anyway, but stuff like maximum brightness, contrast, black levels and colour accuracy.

what advantages does Resurrection Remix have over Lineage?

Femanon here

Is the Zuk Z2 pro really worth the price difference with the plain Zuk Z2? It's almost double the price, yet the 821 processor isn't really that much faster than the 820, and an extra 0.2 inches doesn't do much for me. Does the pro have a better camera or build quality to justify the cost?

Waiting to see how good the new phones are.

Kinda want a S7 to replace my 5x tho. Starting to hate this phone.

if you want an s7, best to wait for the s8, only a couple more months.

why did you have to mention that you're female?

femanon here
kys

tits or gtfo

It's probably dude. Just wanted to grab attention so someone would answer his post.

Just use the epic 4g rom. It's a bit older, but much more stable.

Note 8. It's all about that spen life.

Still rocking a note 4 with a fresh battery. Probably not going to upgrade until this thing explodes.

So what does everyone think about the iPhone 7 plus killer?

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

Plan to get one soon to replace my SE.

Moto Z Play or ZTE Axon 7 come the closest to having all those features. Oneplus 3 or Xiaomi Mi5 if you can survive without a SD card slot.

pls respond

Are you on 10.2.1? My SE keeps getting this weird headphone responses since I updated

I was in the same situation as you mate. Used the M7 for 2 years before switching to the M9, and now the Huawei Mate 9 after the M9 died.

This chink phone in particular is outstanding and really impressive. Never regretted choosing this over the LG v20.

You could also wait for the next iteration when it comes out later this year.

Does anyone know a familar similar between the Zenfone 3, Axon 7, and Mate 8, but with a removeable battery? Been looking at all those but I'm trying to see if I can't find one with the battery. Still haven't seem to found one yet because I want good headphone sound quality. I think there was one or two I looked at that did have a removeable battery but the quality dropped. But been looking at so many phones it's all kind of blurred now.

For the record I don't want the v20 either. Seeing as my v10 got bootlooped, and seeing as this one is susceptible to the same problem, I don't want to try it.

What is the cheapest phone that has a

>fingerprint scanner
>good camera
>at least 3gbs of ram
>water resistance at least, waterproofness obviously prefered
>preferably usb C
>good display

The zuk z2's hardware is amazing and I love absolutely everything about its design, but the display is dim and the camera is garbage.

What do you guys think of this Xperia X for $275? Is this the cheapest it's ever been? I'm tempted to pull the trigger on it.

bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?sku=1255534&Q=&c3api=1876,92051678882,&O=&m=Y&gclid=CJ2ciNDG6tECFYE8gQodAGIFtA&is=REG&ap=y&A=details

so I know nothing about phones and I'm wondering what you do with one of those unremovable battery phones if the battery messes up. you got to send it in or something?

I think they have a key combo to press to force it to shut off, vol down button and the power button IIRC.

No just holding the power button for a substantial amount of time does so. As is standard in the industry.

Shh, bby, it's ok. Get an iPhone

Need a new phone now because my current one is broken. I don't know anything about phones, but I was looking for a high budget phone with a stylus. The note 5 looks really nice but still seems expensive for something more than a year and a half old. Is that still the best one out since the accidental hand grenade?

As in to replace the battery?

For that price it's a very good deal. Great phone all around other than not being waterproof like most other Sony phones

Axon 8. The axon 7 was almost the perfect phone in my eyes. If the hardware buttons were backlit and the reception issue sorted, it would be flawless.

The Note 5 id pretty much the only flagship phone on sale with a stylus (LG does some budget phones with styluses). I'd tell you to wait for the Note 8 but guess that's not an option if your current phone is broken.

Is it possible to replace the headphone jack on the LG2? The cable keeps popping out from the slightest nudge.

How's the iphone's planned obsolescence? I'm fucking tired of android's bullshit nowadays. Every phone has an IF or BUT and I'm sick of it. Thinking about getting an iphone 6s due to the 7's courage meme but I wonder if Apple has already gimped it with ''''''''''''''''''''updates''''''''''''''''''''''' already?

Still trying to get this confirmed.

Trying to root my Nexus 5
youtube.com/watch?v=2cOUseflKNE&list=WL&index=97
Are these directions still valid?
Is there a way to root my phone without wiping?

Yes, no soldering required either
youtube.com/watch?v=SVP4wHAhwiE

The part you need is around $7-15 on eBay

Yes
No

I have an SE which has the same internals and it's smooth as fuck.

Much like "lagdroid", the planned obsolescence iPhone meme is old. The A9 is gonna be good for a while.

How do you deal with having no Sup Forums app and the hassle associated with webms though?

Been using KISS launcher but the green triggers the shit out of my autism.
What launcher do you use?

I have a shitty old $30 Amazon tablet with CM for bedtime Sup Forums browsing with Clover, but I was never much for mobile posting anyway.

There is also an app called Merlin, which was made for Sup Forums webm viewing. It's just a safari wrapper so you still have to use the shitty mobile site, but it lets you open and view webms inline and save them. I'm pretty sure it was made purely for /gif/ browsing purposes. It costs like 3 bucks though.

I just got a Note 5 (imported from the US, AT&T unlocked) and honestly haven't loved a phone this much before, thing is though it's stuck on Android 5.1.1 and I'm fucking dumb when it comes to tinkering with software and such so I was wondering what's the easiest way to update? Without you know, not much hassle or risk of bricking my phone. Help a brother out.

if you're still on the stock android it comes with you should be able to go into settings phone updates. My note 4 is on 6.0 not sure why the 5 wouldn't be.