Tfw I fell for the Western Digital meme

>tfw I fell for the Western Digital meme

I'm gonna buy Toshiba and Seagate from now on. They're cheaper aswell.

this shit is starting to break down after only 504 days wtf

>seagate

HITACHI
I
T
A
C
H
I

My WD Blue is a bit slow but has treated me well through the years.

BenQ or bust, bitch.

I have a 6 year old WD black 500GB running fine, did you buy a Blue or Black model? If you're trying to run your Drive 24/7 a WD blue won't cut it

>HITACHI
dis nigga gets it

pic related

>1 sector after 12.1k hours
>Bad

however, even the best die... eventually

You guys want seagate? i will give you seagate.

>seagate

oh boy
do yourself a favor and listen to

Pff.

WD fails more than gook brands, but only 1 bad sector doesn't mean anything. I'd be more worried about why your disk doesn't have spare sectors at all; maybe stop buying bottom shelf models?

>look at my baby shit

Is fine too, those 1334 sectors are literally nothing. I have a Hitachi that came with 350,000 bad sectors out of the box; it's just normal that sometimes they have a few damaged sectors from manufacturing. The spare space got rid of it and the disk now has over 55,000 hours; I have also overwritten it to wipe data at least a dozen times and it's still working 100% fine.

>my only storage drive is a 1tb 5900rpm wd from 2009
>I've been meaning to buy a replacement for the inevitable failure since about 6 months ago
>I can never justify the price to myself as my old HDD is over 10 years old and still at 100% health so why shouldn't this be as well
>I know this is coming to bite me in the arse one day but I'm still doing nothing

>I have a Hitachi that came with 350,000 bad sectors out of the box
> it's just normal that sometimes they have a few damaged sectors from manufacturing.
That is not normal. You bought a heavily damaged drive.

ayy lmao

Why is my power on count so high comparatively?

Because you toggle your HDD on/off after every 2-3 hours?

Actually, that's about right now that I think of it.

>tfw the Western Digital meme has kept me from having to buy new hard drives

Works fine on my system, OP