4k is the end game

4k is the end game

Other urls found in this thread:

accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=860-BBFF
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-monitor-s2417dg/apd/210-aizs/monitors-monitor-accessories
amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-MG278Q-Response-DisplayPort/dp/B014X4U076/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485583993&sr=1-1&keywords=1ms 27" 1440p
amazon.com/ASUS-PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B009C3M7H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i was playing witcher 3 at 4k on my freesync monitor and i was almost moved to tears

8k when ?

at mature 7nm yields

16k when?

Already a thing

1080 at 21' still feels planty to me.

its great, but you still can't use 4k resolution.. have to downscale it to 2560x1440 make it usable

>owning a probably $2000 monitor
>owning poorfag hardware

>tfw will not see 256k 96 bit color in our lifetime

Buying a new monitor soon and debating between QHD 165 Hz and 4K 60Hz.

Which should I go with? I gayme and look at pictures equally.

Specifically, theses two monitors, both are the same price:
accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=860-BBFF

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-monitor-s2417dg/apd/210-aizs/monitors-monitor-accessories

Nah 8k curved

buy the QHD 165 HZ model unless you are a content creator. I edit 4k videos a lot which is why i went with the 4k monitor. QHD is good enough for a 27 inch monitor.

I almost regret getting a 4K rather than an ultrawide 1440p - then I keep remembering that my desk & workspace isn't wide enough for ultrawide, it would just be awkward.

Downloaded Witcher 3 about 2 weeks ago to try out - still haven't installed it though.

FUCK
UCKF
CKFU
KFUC

Alright, it's time to abandon 22" then

fuck intel, seriously

>waiting for 4k nit HDR at 10,000 hz

>$2000
Search eBay for Wasabi Mango

>waiting for monitor that displays in gamma ray spectrum for realistic Fallout 10 gameplay

Get the QHD hands down, if you have a GPU capable of driving it for whatever purpose you have.

can gtx 1060 6gb handle 4k?

>he is either blind or has never tried 4k
Look at him and laugh

No. Get a 1080 for 4K and even then it can be iffy depending on the game. Native 4K gaming is a beast.

Looking for 27" 1440p.
Any recs? for gaming, anime and other usage

I've found
amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-MG278Q-Response-DisplayPort/dp/B014X4U076/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485583993&sr=1-1&keywords=1ms 27" 1440p

amazon.com/ASUS-PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B009C3M7H0

Everybody says this until they see 4K in action.

yes I got a 4k IPS recently and see a noticeable degree of difference compared to 1080.

I don't know how much more you could squeeze out of 8k really, going for a 50~55" for similar DPI is just way too big for my viewing distance of 1m.

Any lower would be overkill and a pain in the ass to deal with scaling unless you don't want to notice the pixels at all. Hell I struggle to notice pixels on a 27" 4k display unless I put my face right up to the screen 1around 10cm away.

this is a meme, producing colors we can't see is the same thing as producing frequencies we can't hear aka hi-res meme

Why would a 96 bit screen produce colors we can't see? It would provide the same colors we have right now, but with more steps in between you dumb nigger.

4k is just the penultimate stop before I reach my personal "good enough" point of 8k on 40"-45" monitors. (~200 dpi)

16k at the same size (i.e., 400 dpi) might be marginally better for desktop use, but not enough that I'd be willing to pay very much for that next step.

> 1600x1200@100Hz (CRT)
> 2560x1600@60Hz
> 2560x1600@60Hz + 2*1200*1600@60Hz
> 3840x2160@60Hz 3840x2160@120Hz (or 96Hz HDR) -- want to be here within a year
> 7680x4320@120Hz -- would pay through the nose for this, hope it exists in under 5 years
> 7680x4320@240Hz -- I can dream, can't I?

Refresh rate > Pixel Density

so i reached end game a few months ago?

So what is the limit on human vision when it comes to resolution?

Human imagination

900PPI@16 inches

>Implying you will see the difference
You wouldnt see the difference even if you have had more eyes

What if I'm a cyborg

I think 300 PPI is the maximum before it gets not really worth increasing further, refresh rate being more important

In four years you fags will say 24k is the only acceptable resolution and I'll still be on 1080i

Come at me

640K ought to be enough for anybody

we don't really have one. the brain rearrange a picture over a given time. something like 80% of our eyes "resolution" are in a really small circle in the center of our vision. the rest is blurry and non colored.

resolution on a monitor is as important as resolution on a camera to be honest.

it gives you better details and less aliasing.

but it won't give you better colors, better contrast or better image depth

how are you posting on Sup Forums then?

Using my smartphone

I'm a cyborg, not a freak

i didn't ask for this

So Apple is ahead of the game with their 5K display?

No cuz the hardware is shit

Until you start writing code.

>That bezel.
Disgusting.

Just looked at 4k screencaps of that game. I don't think it's all that impressive. The models used are still geared to lower resolutions. Thick chunky hair ect.

This. Thin bezels are more important than thin devices.

Existence in rare and unusual cases doesn't really make it "a thing" now, does it?

The absolute minimum to decently run not very taxing vidya at 4k is the gtx 1070. If you want constant >60fps at 4k at max graphics settings, you'd need no less than a gtx 1080 SLI.

This being said, when's gtx 1080ti coming?

you have to play it and play it on a 4k monitor to see for yourself

human eyes are 4k 60fps

How do 4k monitors look when not running at 4k?

You mean how 4k screens handle a video source with a smaller native resolution?

Depend on the quality of upsccaling really. I play witcher 3 on my 4k TV upscaled with a 1080p source and it looks pretty good.

Monitors are a whole other shit however since you're way closer to the screen as opposed to a TV. This being said, I reckon that a 4k monitor running a full hd source would look like shit cause most 4k monitors are at least 27''. Bigger screen combined with lower res equals huge, ugly pixels.

What kind of government-grade GPU do you need to run a whopping 4k?

Try 120fps before saying that

don't worry, they will soon put out some other useless shit so they can take the money from idiots.

Human eyes can't distinguish a light source flickering at 60 hz from an always on light source.
That doesn't mean you can't see things moving at more than 60fps.

Looks fine, especially movies. 720p is fine, 1080p is fine.

Vidya is okay at 1080p and lovely 1440p

I have a 970. It plays older games at 4K which is fine by me.

Exactly. Shake your hand quickly enough in a room lit by a 60hz bulb, and you will see clear gaps between the after images of your hand corresponding to the "on" period of the light bulb.

THis mother fucker is 100% a shill. Another thread like this was posted yesterday with the "end game"
Language. It's a crumy commercial. Fuck off op. This shit will backfire on you and no one will buy this crap.

there is a noticable difference between 144 and 240hz...

Im waiting for their new 4k 144hz one.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much

I want 4K monitor with passive 3D.

But that's not gonna happen. :(

The "big 3" tv manufacturers no longer incorporate 3d into their tvs.
It failed,

I don't watch TV, but it would be sweet to have a monitor with 3D.

I have a small point-and-shoot Fuji camera that makes nice 3D photos.

just walk outside

Yeah its a shame but I watched an article on the news yesterday about it.
Obviously the aim is now all on 4k hdr oled etc etc.

Triple 2560 by 1440 is endgame. Triple monitors > high res

nah it's a stepping stone to 8k, which will be a stepping stone to whatever the fuck comes afterwards

ad nauseum

I got my mind on the Viewsonic XG2700. Seems like an affordable 4k, feesync monitor. Anyone here who got experience with it?

144hz is coming this year

You are right. That post is literally a meme. You are replying to a joke.

Oh, so that's why I used to see my hand jump from one place to another when I shook it in front of my monitor, but not when just shook it in front of a lightbulb. I wonder why I didn't realise this earlier.

no need for a 4k monitor, even downscaled the game looks stunning famalam