Performance

Post your current CPU/RAM usage right now.

Windows 10 Master Race

mkay

Why does Sup Forums always circle-jerk ram usage?

RAM not used is WASTED. Unless you're constantly choking RAM to capacity or very close to that, it is meaningless to obsess about ram usage.

Not to mention how cheap it is these days. CPU is different of course, but I don't understand this muh minimal RAM obsession. Take advantage of the hardware you have.

if you go HAM on RAM then all you have to worry about is upgrading your CPU.

>if you go HAM on RAM then all you have to worry about is upgrading your CPU.
what does this even mean?

it memes youre a meme

why would we do this?

Doing just fine

some box

it's okay

>1351MiB / 65536MiB
This triggers me. Think of all the poorfags that could use an extra gig or two in their povertybox.

You have no idea how much shit I have running in the background. I made the right choice with this build.

Sorry but I think took the crown for overkill.

Ok well electricity isn't cheap where I live. I'd be fucked if I had that build.

That's obviously the server at his workplace.

>Disk 0 (E:)
>Disk 1 (D:)

It's because of the stupid fucking SAS controller in built into my motherboard.

> technology forum
> everyone has shit specs

wtf kids ask your mom for a real computer

> 560GiB RAM master race

>overkill
That was the name of my dual X5350. I gave it away to some mexican lady on craigs list last year. I don't think she knew what she was getting, she just wanted a computer because her old one wasnt working anymore.
>MFW she tries to figure out Windows Server 2008R2

>Ok well electricity isn't cheap where I live. I'd be fucked if I had that build.
I'm in cali. I pay up to 24¢ per kWh. I'm probably in the 16¢ per kWh most months. This esitmate is worst case, and pretty close to what I pay after taxes and bullshit

>That's obviously the server at his workplace.
nope. This is my workstation at home. I also have a game rig. You shold notice that it's Win7 theme, not server.

feels bad, man.

I feel OK

But I wish I had that extra 4GB for triple-channel

Was your rig first hand or second hand? The 2 22 core Xeons(together) alone costs over 10 grands brand new

T/X60?

it's like it's 2005 again

Sometimes I wish I had an UPS with cool interface like that. Mine looks like it belongs in the 90s.

>$0.22 per kWh

Where the fuck do you live?

I pay $0.1128 per kWh.

forgot pic

>your energy usage over the last month generated 214 lbs carbon dioxide
Holy fuck that cancer tho

That's just APC's standard UPS software.

It's estimated, in reality my state is almost 75% nuclear powered.

california?

Yea I know. Welcome to my world. It's the 90s here.

>The 2 22 core Xeons(together) alone costs over 10 grands brand new
engineering samples (ES)
>inb4 stolen
>inb4 unreliable
>inb4 intel police crash thru door

>I had an UPS with cool interface like that
it's literally a shit tier square wave Back-UPS XS 1500. You can get them used cheap. The software hasn't been updated in like 7 years.

>Where the fuck do you live?
I said right in the post that I live in Cali. That's California in case you didn't understand. Southern California.
Our base tier for power is 16¢ per kWh
Then it goes up.. I think 22¢ is the next tier, but I rarely hit that. But after taxes and bullshit I pay in the low $40's every month.
I burn about 140w to 180w with just the computer and router and cable modem (no monitor)

Funny how you say that. Just from the screenshot you posted that software seems to display much more information than APC's

>ITT: Let me log on to my server and pull up task manager.

California is like 5% nuclear... if that.

I'm in maryland. It's probably closer to ~50-60% nuclear now though, we are getting more and more solar production.

This thread's pretty much become /hsg/ at this point, with CPU and UPS circlejerking.

It does have the information that you really need, but it's really user unfriendly.

okay mista fbi

It also looks like it's commercial-grade software with how it shows the name of the server and a configurable location.

I like how you can tell who uses virtual machines based on the number of connected ethernet adapters.

It's a commercial UPS with commercial software. Don't for a second think that commercial software is necessarily better than consumer software, though.
It does look like it's still being updated, though. So maybe one day this will stop looking horrible.

15 year old laptop still going strong
Would be unusable for any modern computing task now if it weren't for GNU/Linux

I have embraced the bloat.

Mine is at home and I use it to play vidya games too.
It's very multi purpose.

because you faggot, you hit the top of your ram, shit pages, and everything runs like hell.

oh, what's this, I have 15 of my 16gb used, cant do anything that requires more then 1gb or everything fuckign shits the bed.

Fuck, i'm sitting at 15.3 going through shit closing things just to have less ram used so I can do other shit.

>poor people problems

Not poor, im at the max amount I can put into sockets, should mention im on ddr2, had no compelling reason to upgrade anything till mid last year, but not compelling enough to drop a grand on intel, ryzen looks to be my next cpu.

T-t-terry?

total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 927M 657M 84M 1,4M 186M 233M
Swap: 4,5G 190M 4,3G

Doesn't stuff start swapping based on last used?

So only the app (xD) that's been dormant for the longest (aka you're not even using it at all) start getting put away first?

When I say everything runs like hell, I mean everything is noticeably fucking shit, I use my computer like I have 32gb of ram, and I was using it this way since I had 8gb. Once I got 16gb, I realised how shit everything was running, and make an effort to not make shit go to the page file anymore, but fucking chrome man, fucking chrome. This fucking browser is the one reason im considering splurging on 64gb of ram when I get my next computer.

Just watching twitch.

99%
Rendering a video.
Can't post from it because it's so laggy.

its being used.

Now my router

>I'm considering 64gb of RAM for web browsing with Chrome

Lol

Seriously though, I could see chrome eating up a good 20gb if I let it, possibly more. Right now I'm dealing with a windows bug that only presents itself if I have more than 150 processes open, so that along usually keeps chrome in check, but If I didn't have to fucking babysit it, I could see it eating a solid 30-40gb.

Shits fucking retarded, but with the extra 24, I could actually do something instead of babysit the goddamn program.

You can't read, kill yourself idiot.

"choking RAM to capacity or very close to that"
>b-but 15 of my 16gb used

It was your chance to show that you knew what memory paging is though!
Embarrassing to read your post.

Does this count?

He hinted that he knew what memory paging is in his post ("everything shits the bed" due to ANYTHING swapping raping the system's responsiveness); and later posts of his outright confirm it

You should move. I pay about .10 kwh + meter charge of about $5.95 a month. My December electric bill was $98.00.

is that your fetish?
What is the fucking point of this shit thread?

(mobility intensifies)

>vtx disabled
why?

ITT:
Wintoddlers cropping screenshots in order to capture a window

>CPU1

>what is the desktop experience feature

>current state of Linux

>current state of gnome applications in cinnamon with a theme which was not designed for it
I'm too lazy to launch my Win10 VM and take a screenshot of basically every application wasting screen space thanks to the "modern" design of M$

Gnome is a piece of shit and Adapta takes way too much space. Stick with Arc theme on Unity, best UI.

btw, nice quads, wincuck...

What wasted space?

ok

Nah, Adapta is great and has a very active developer fixing and improving stuff constantly

>Unity
kekkedy super kek
>Arc
mediocre theme IMO

I was not talking about the task manager (which is still utter trash compared to any process manager on *nix)

is 16 gb of ram worth it I have 12 gb and this is my usage most of the time...

also guess my cpu

Mine