Is rx480 worth its price? Or should i get a 1060 for $100 extra?

Is rx480 worth its price? Or should i get a 1060 for $100 extra?
Im pretty bad on budget

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going with nvidia right now is literally like shooting yourself in the foot.

Either get the rx 480 right now or wait until nvidia released volta and pray it won't be a complete farce like pascal has been.

the 480 is the superior card, where in the world does a 1060 cost $100 more for the lowest end decent model card?

They literally cost the same.

1060 to avoid driver and heat issues.

stop spreading lies, nvidia literally released another bad driver like last week

I live in south america, im ordering in amazon because i save $100 on the rx480.
The 1060 is around $350

Try not to get it stolen.

Then obviously get the RX 480

youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY

No drivers > nvidia drivers
At least on lincux

don't be an idiot and pay $100 more for less performance..

>Or should i get a 1060 for $100 extra?
I'd say it's well worth it. Avoid AyyMD at all costs.

see

No fuck you you dirty shill, the 1070 is better than a Fury X, and the 480 is a far better choice than the 1060

I recently switched from the R9 290X to Nvidia's 1070 and honestly I'm a bit disappointed.
The control panel software for Nvidia hasn't changed like in the past 10 years(Looks very XP), it looks exactly the same as it did on my ancient laptop. Also it has very limited functionality compared to AMD's software.
Also an issue with the newest drivers that causes problems with games that don't have maximum texture size defined internally.
I was always under the impression that Nvidia was better in the software department.

they never were good at it

the problem was amd wasnt giving a single fuck for many years till 2016 when they finally created a new driver team the fact that amd is releasing so many new drivers and generally on each they give a bit more perfomance is making nvidia look for what they trully are..

>1060 for $100 extra
If you are a moron.

$100 extra for 1060 is not worth it.

RX 480 now is better than 1060, so its kinda simple to choose.

Back when 1060 and 480 were new, nVidia had the advantage, but now the advantage is gone.

>nVidia had the advantage
But did it have 100$ advantage or 10$ advantage?

>Im pretty bad on budget
>should i get a 1060 for $100 extra?

get a 480, in near future you might get a new cheap monitor and can enjoy freesync too on low fps

Is a 280x to a 480 an upgrade worth doing?

Absolutely false

$10

That's also the impression I'm getting now.
May switch back to AMD once the RX500 series is out.
Nvidia seems like the only thing they are trying to do is create a monopoly with mediocre product. It's a shame AMD has no equivalent to the 1070 and 1080.

if the 1060 is $100 more then the 480 is well worth the price

this has got to be b8.
the 1060 was arguably worth some small premium 6 months ago, but right now the 480 is better in every way except power draw.

Why would you pay $100 more just so you have to sign in to get driver updates?

Nigga what? Even if the 1060 was cheaper, the RX480 is still a better buy.