RIP paid software

>established and successful enough to afford luxuries I couldn't when I was a jobless child
>start buying all of my things instead of pirating
>decide it might be nice to look into licensed software
>consider purchasing Photoshop, remember it being around $700 fourteen years ago
>go to Adobe
>$19.99 PER MONTH
>no option to purchase
What the fuck happened to this planet? Fucking everything is rental services now.

>hurrr not using GIMP
I feel gimped when I'm using GIMP because I have Photoshop muscle memory. I hate new things.

Just use portable version or patch the two bytes yourself in amtlib.dll like a true Sup Forumsentooman.
>inb4 muh morale

That's how they get more money out of you (yea I know "NO SHIT")

There is a cracked version of the entire Adobe CC Master collection.

CS6 is still the best version. I use it even though i have the option of renting newer versions

I just grabbed a copy of CS4 since I expect them to prioritize giving a shit about the (more) recent versions.

Either way, they COULD HAVE had my money, but this level of kikery is unacceptable.

>muh muscle memory
> I hate new things

Have (you) considered just giving up? Doesn't sound like (you) are equipped for life or to contribute any productivity to the world.

Imagine you pick up a hammer. You use the hammer.

Then you pick up a hammer with inverted controls. Sure, you can learn it. But I'd rather just keep using the first hammer. They're both just hammers, after all.

>contribute any productivity to the world
Okay, wagecuck.

Since most of their customers are liberal arts nu-males it's not going to change anytime soon.
Cucks are just used to being stomped upon and they like it.

Get Corel.

Don't you realize OP? this is their way of subliminally telling you to pirate their products.

Same, legit copy too. Most people here would be perfectly happy just grabbing the free copy of CS2 Adobe has on their site.

Believe it or not adobe is probably one of the better ones. I have no idea how anyone in the animation industry can afford their own copy of maya, stay free OP

>Windows 7
>USB wifi dongle
>Adobe Suite CS5
>Maya 2013
>Flash MX 2004

I'm a professional computer graphics artist and this is the most I will ever need.

Microsoft started doing this with Solitaire do.

Money grabbing Jews

What's funny is the proletariat will buy subscription.

CS2 is still free; literally worthwhile features have been introduced since

Use your company's copy at work
Pirate it at home

This was the obvious evolution of DRM.
Now instead of buying the software you can use only on one computer you rent the software.

My wild guess that within few decades we'll actually go back to mainframe-terminal model where you just rent the computing power of a powerful machine and access it with your personal terminal. Funny isn't it?

No matter how ridiculous it may sound for a single user looking to buy software, for a business that requires multiple copies of such software to function SaaS can be a very cost-saving model.

A lot of licenses for commercial software applies to-this-particular-major-release of the software.
So you have to pay for the next major version.

In the SaaS model you just rent the software on a per/month basis and when a new major version is released you just rent the new version.

This.

Seriously, when did the """buccaneers""" become such moralfags?

Unless you're running your own company, why would you pay for that shit? These people have (what should frankly be criminal) profit margin.

>criminal) profit margin.
Is it really?

Every piece of software has a limited pool of people/entities on the planet that are willing to use it which is understandable and this rule applies to almost every tradeable object in the universe.

But unlike physical objects software doesn't deteriorate.
It doesn't age beyond unusability, it doesn't get any less reliable with time (we're not talking about updates/patches that might result in such behaviour, especially purposeful ones).
Software doesn't require replacement as a form of maintenance.

But a company behind software has to exist continuously.
They can't just develop software, release the software, fire everyone and close the office for the next two years and reopen/rehire to start working on new version.
When the pool of potential buyers is expelled there's nothing to keep you afloat for an indefinite period of time other than the surplus of money you got from sales.

Daimler-Benz nearly went bankrupt because of W123's reliability.

Back when I had an IT-related telesales job, I had to phone companies and try to persuade them to move to Adobe's subscription model from their existing "just fucking buy it" model. I was a literal botnet shill. I left there to become a proper IT guy, and I only realised a few months ago what a repugnant thing I was doing.

Jut pirate it like everyone else does, even the services can be pirated
Just another case of pirate users>legitimate users

pirate it

It gets worse user, look how much you have to pay if you want PS, AI and AE

This.

SaaS is easier to manage than shitty wangblows nonfree shitware that isn't cross-platform

who would have thought.

>My wild guess that within few decades we'll actually go back to mainframe-terminal model where you just rent the computing power of a powerful machine and access it with your personal terminal.
The next evolution of a thinpc.

But gimp is shit user.

uhm I worked as a programmer in a similar company and yes, they do this. with the old system you just sold the big priced product, then sold an equally expensive upgrade for a high price tag.

though, Adobe Photoshop would work just fine (CS5 for example) for years. there is not much they can add anyhow.

so this is why they had to change.
they run out of things to add, and now customers are forced to pay.

> buy one license
> use virtual desktop/RDP

LOL

>I hate new things.
Well considering the other option is paying $20 a month, you're going to need a better argument.

literally everyone in photography, illustration and design uses adobe products. they have a complete monopoly.

they took that down a while ago, it was only for people with licences.

Yeah, they're jews, until you are a student who might have had to spend $700 or $1000 for a home license for ONE edition of Photoshop. $20 a month for all apps (Ps, Ai, Id) is more manageable for them. What IS jew is I remember there being more bundles than just Photoshop + Lightroom. Offering a lifetime license would also be nice.

$20 for the entire Adobe CC collection isn't that bad actually. Better than paying a few thousand for the programs every few years.

Although there is some hope, Affinity charges around $50-$100 for their software and you get free updates forever.

>>$19.99 PER MONTH

They have a Photography pack with Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC for $9.99 per month.
For $700 you can use those two apps for 70 months (5.8 years).
Why are people complaining?

>PAYING 20 BUCKS FOR MAKING DANK FROGS
LMAO

bump

When new things suk it's perfectly reasonable to hate them though, and many things which used not to suck, have started to suck.

Fuck you, we will not tolerate shitware being rammed down our throats because you argue that it's 'progress.'

Fuck you and fuck your bullshit sophistry.

Except you're now posting that your angry because the first hammer cant be bought anymore.

So you're refusing to use a free hammer because your mental handicap forces to use the rental one.

bump

I have paintered Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

what is tax deduction.

if you're not making money with the software just pirate it, no one gives a shit. else just buy it and use it as a tax write off

Just pirate it m8

>what should frankly be criminal

Are you stupid? Nobody is forcing you to buy it, and there are free options readily available.

Let me guess: you voted for Bernie

There was a big split among yarr harrs

The idiots, who think it's stealing and try to "steal ethically", somehow (reddit)
The fedoras, who think "intellectual property" is the real affront to morals and share to stick it to *THE MAN* (stallman)
And the animals, who just do whatever doesn't offend them personally, with no agenda in mind except their personal benefit, and no guilt because of the zero to negligible impact of what they're doing (us)

>with no agenda in mind except their personal benefit
Surprisingly the scummiest group is the most honest group because of the lack of moralizing as an excuse. Where did I put my almonds.

hhahahah yes poor adobe, nasty nasty pirates :( :( :(

You people did this to yourselves with supporting proprietary software. That's what you chose and that's what probably will happen to computers (you'll have to pay rent every month) because of intem ME and other backdoors.

It's only scummy according to group A and media execs who want more money, who are both scummy according to group B, who are both fedora tippng edgelord faggots who accomplish nothing with their complaining according to group C, who actually accomplish the most despite not trying to.

This. By the time you upgrade to another product you will have spent less than $700.

The company I used to work for bought CS1, then CS2, then CS3. That's much more expensive than having paid $20 a month during the lifetime of those products instead.

>What the fuck happened to this planet? Fucking everything is rental services now.
The software is vastly more accessible this way, it makes far more sense than their previous strategy (i.e. Charge $1500 upfront).

I started using Adobe products a good 10 years ago and the only way to use it was to pirate the software, there was no other option for me. Nowadays there are student deals that allow people in education to pay a small amount monthly to use Industry standard software, it is far, far easier for people interested in creative technologies to pursue their interests and drive innovation in the sector without the hefty initial cost.

>They're both just hammers, after all.
Shit analogy. Creative Cloud is a massive professional toolbox and GIMP is a plastic toy hammer that no professional uses.

I fit into your Animal description, as I don't really give a shit about anyone else, and barely even myself (even though I think it's almost as bad as stealing), but you can bet your computer that if I was rich I would buy 100% of my software, just because it's so much better not having to look for it, crack it, worry about malware, deal with bugs and in general problems related to the fact that it's cracked, and having no support.

I work in music production, wich is a field that relies heavily on plugins, which are expensive third-party programs you use in your DAW (your master software, so to speak), and I can't count all the times I've had problems related to the pirated nature of said plugins.
For example that time I spent a whole day trying to install different plugins by the same manufacturer, because the activator of one would be in conflict with the other and either deactivate it or make them crash.
Or that time where I delivered past my deadline because the plugin instrument I used for numerous parts of the song suddenly decided to irremediably deactivate and I had to redo all the sound design from scratch to replace those sounds.

Paying for it would be so much comfier, and would prevent me from having all these small pains in my ass, that summed make it almost unbearable to use pirated software.
Too bad the most basic staple programs that I always use would cost me around $10k, while all the programs and samples that I have would go way beyond $100k, so I'm fine having all that for $0.