What's your opinion on zotac?

What's your opinion on zotac?

I was considering an EVGA SC, but after i read on the capacitor fuck up and coil whine issues i'm looking at their 1080 EMP edition. I can't seem to find any negative things on zotac out there, and their price is competitive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mpxQaSjQclo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tldr tell me why i shouldn't buy one.

Are you going to stop talking to yourself if i do?

I'll do my best

Do i really have to samefag this much to get a reply on a GPU related question on Sup Forums?

They're OK. Their cards have the highest factory OCS out of any of the board partners.

i just wish the lighting on their cards was full spectrum rgb instead of just 7 color bullshit.

this does not need its own thread, faggot.

>They're OK.

But can you think of a reason not to buy one? I'm trying to justify that 30-40 bucks difference over EVGA

Fuck RGB. I wish this bullshit dies soon.

I have a 1070 AMP! Edition. It's good.

Does it sag?

Yes a bit. I can't take a picture but if thread is still alive later, I'll post one.

I have a Zotac GTX 970 and it's an amazing little card! I would buy from Zotac in the future. I have had zero issues.

Not sure about zotac. As far as EVGA goes though, I recently got a 1080 hybrid from them. It crapped out after only two weeks use. Defects like that aren't all that uncommon though. EVGA was fucking amazing though with customer service. Called them about it. They sent me to their RMA page. 5 min form and wothin a few hours got an approval email with shipping instructions. Only took a week including shipping there and back. They sent me a brand new in box card as a replacement. Plugged it in and haven't had any issues since.

Sure it's was really annoying for the first card to fuck up but those things happens. I can't speak highly engough about that customers service. Took less time for them to send me a new card than it took for me to get the original.

How much sag are we talking about? What's your case?

I have only ever bought zotac cards.
Good shit myang. No complaints aside from coil wine on a single 970 one time.

NZXT S340. Maybe 3mm, I only noticed it when I took a picture.

EVGA customer service is admittedly superior, but i'd rather have significantly less chances to need customer service in the first place.

I like their approach, and the fact that it is an american company, but even their administrators can't reassure me that i'll get a non-fucked card 3 months after they fixed their cap issue.

I've owned EVGA reference 770's and I currently own an EVGA 1080FE

I only bought an FE because I planned on watercooling, but that hasnt happened yet. Of course their coolers, and any cooler will be more effective than the blower style, unless you're in an itx scenario. I've never had any issues with my EVGA products, and will be purchasing more in the future. DESU when I bought my 1080 I was going to buy the Asus ROG one, but after I heard about the special bios cards going to reviewers, I went against ASUS for that purchase. their warranty service is quite good in my experience also, so to me it always feels like the potential risk is always inherently lower.

just realized that t b h turns into DESU, neat.

Fuck that's my case too. The elite version, i don't know if that makes any difference.

>I only noticed it when I took a picture.

Is it at least, firmly in place? My current Strix 970 feels like its going to crack my PCB if i slightly push it downwards...

desu

pascal stuff is locked to like 2100mhz so you can just use the crappiest cooler and it would clock you up to max

>special bios cards going to reviewers

The fuck what now? brb googling

(it's clever because t b h is usually a sentence finisher..)

I was more worried of hardware failures than temperatures

Yeah, it feels solid, I have not trying pushing it down but I have moved it up and takes a bit to go down. My motherboard is a gigabyte z170x ud5 so it has the PCIe slots shielded, maybe that helps.

My card gets to 2000 mhz by it self with 80% fan speed.

>still falling for the evga exploding meme
youtube.com/watch?v=mpxQaSjQclo

yea pa, on launch, Asus sent ROG edition 1080's to reviewers with even higher boost clocks.

It really disappointed me too, because not only was it the prettiest card imo, it already had the highest out of box clock speeds, so the fact that they had to go one step above to sell the card really rubbed me the wrong way.

but whatever, my rog maximus vii impact and maximus viii gene are still good boards, so I can't hate them desu

So just don't run furmark on my 1070 FTW?

no, you retard
all it was was just a bad batch of cards, plus all evga ftw cards now come with thermal pads installed even though that wasnt the issue

Bought mine from microcenter 4 weeks ago how fucked am i

This issue was months ago

OP :

>but after i read on the capacitor fuck up

>linking a video that concludes it was indeed a capacitor fuck up. 20:40

can't beat their customer support though

You could still be fucked if microcenter sold you a card that was stocked prior to November 1.

Very true. It's all about your preference. Id rather get from a company where I have a slightly higher chance of getting a defect but great customer service than a more consistent build card with meh customer service. It's all about what works best for you. Truth is you really can't go wrong going with any of the major brands.

evga will send you new thermal pads for free or they will replace your gpu for you if you are too much of a pussy to take it apart

Still, i'd rather not have to deal with this shit when i'm paying 700 bucks for a GPU.

then get it online, you dumb cunt

they already recalled all their cards that had no thermal pads

Go EVGA, never had a problem with their cards.
I had to RMA an EVGA PSU once and it went smooth af, they just sent a new one and let me send the old one whenever.

Go EVGA ffs man, it's not fucking worth it, had so much bs from ASUS and others.

I'm in Europe. Calm down. Why are shilling so hard?

I know EVGA service is excellent. I'm just worried that they compensate for quality control

Never had a problem with an ASUS product, ever. But their service is indeed terrible. They really don't give a shit. That's why i thought i give a relatively new company a chance.

Are you there guy with the zotac card that could give me a pic on how it sags? I need to test my OCD levels.

I'm not at home yet. Will post it in build thread if this one dies.

Pretty sure zotac has the best cards for overclocking on 1070/1080

EVGA did have some problems with thermals or w/e for pascal but their customer service is fucking supreme. They also fixed the problems with their acx cooler for the 970s (although for the ssc they sold the backplate separately but you didn't need it if you weren't overclocking the memory).

I think it comes down to not choosing the reference cards EVGA puts out.

I just can't figure out zotac prices. They seem really well build, their temps are indeed superior, and they ask for their AMP edition 70~ less than what ASUS asks for their STRIX, for the same OC. (i think it's 1822 vs 1835)

Where's the fuck up? Could the fact that they're almost a dedicated GPU builder explain it?

zotac cards are great, I had a few, they always worked well. still, I bought Gigabyte, and ASUS was second, because they both offer 3 year warranty.

i think they offer expanded (free) warranty if you register your card. I'mm still confused on the details though.

Unecessarily oversized.

You may be right, but I bet it's US only.
ASUS/Gigabyte warranty is global.

Not saying they are better cards, again. Zotac was almost the best amongst the 1060s I checked. But then again, Gigabyte had all the same features, and more warranty. (ASUS had no on-off fan, which is just lame. It was only available for the McFuckLong cards.)

Corsair RMA is also fuckin A to be honest.
They honor lifetime warranty ram modules and shit.

I have a 1080 Sc. They come from the factory with the acx 3 fix already. I have had zero issues with it and I use it for folding. If it was going to break, I would have broke it. Great card.

to be honest, pascal does not overclock well and even a 100mhz overclock over their boost clock doesnt even do a thing.

Overclocking on these cards are not good especially since they cant go above 2100mhz

When did you order it? Realistically, if i order the SC from amazon now, what are the chances of being from an older, defective batch?

Oh fuck me. Now Nvidia has a promotion on EVGA and they give you For Honor with every 1080 purchase.

I was almost sold on the zotac and now my mind is full of fuck again.

I bought both a 1070 and 1060 mini for friends. All very happy. Total stability in every regard.

Recommended.

Slippery slip m8. The 1080 is for 2k+ really. Don't think you need it.

I had a 8400Gs of them, lasted me 7 years.

I got a stock 970 from them. It overclocks pretty well, +150gpu +400vram stable.

I've noticed a slight ticking sound from the card as of late, which I believe is being caused by an off-balance fan.

Zotac is manufactured in Mexico. I do not want Mexicans touching my video card.

No, i mean they give you "For Honor", the game, for every 1080gtx from EVGA / MSI purchase.

How's the temps on that EVGA SC?

Isn't Zotac just Sapphires' nvid arm or is that Palit?

I have 1070 amp edition Samsung vram and friend has 1070 amp extreme with Micron vram
no issues, no coil whine, they boost well with no oc

That's very decent, thanks.

Just get EVGA hybrid FTW dude. But if you really don't want water cooling then the msi gaming x is also a very good option