Another day wasted on Sup Forums when I've been meaning to learn web development for months now to finally make some...

>Another day wasted on Sup Forums when I've been meaning to learn web development for months now to finally make some valuable use of my time

>web development
>valuable
Oh boy.

>i'm gonna learn to program
>years pass
>ok now i'm going to learn
>watch ttc - the science of information, watch ttc - how to program, take harvardx's cs50
>200+ hours in 4 weeks
>didn't retain any of the information
>still can't program

How is it not?

Seems like a lot of jobs and growth seems to be forecasted as very good

Don't respond to trolls.

>upgrade to a hexacore Xeon cpu from i7 950 because want to work with virtual machines and finally get that Red-Hat cert
>end up playing video games instead because lol way more fps

>
my fucking life

daym

Try watching twitch instead of actually playing games. You can get work done at the same time and still get your fix.

Wut, watching streams of a games just makes me want to play that game

The key is to just start programming, immediately. Whatever you're learning, or whatever small project you want to do. Don't waste time on courses. Read books if you want, but make sure to code a lot

>wahhh im on Sup Forums too much
>i cant learn my HTML's
>muhh autismmmmmmmm

I endorse this meme.

Fuck it
I'm going to find whatever they're using to teach children to code nowadays and start from the bottom because I'm retarded and lack an attention span long enough to make sense of programming guides

>waste years on Sup Forums
>have no idea what the web really is
>apply for a low paying tester job because I'm not an entitled brat
>first IT job and first office job, no education and no experience in the field
>work as a manual QA for 6 months
>get familiar with the basics of web development, git and stuff, bits of html and css
>become the best manual tester they have
>switch to QA automation team
>have no experience in that whatsoever as well
>start fixing existing acceptance tests and writing new ones
>it's all Selenium tests with Codeception and little bit of PHP
>who knew you can learn stuff if you actually learn
>mfw I'm going for a trip to another country next week with my hard earned money

Shia Lebuff meme.jpg

i hope you suffocate on pussy on your trip

Do an online course preferably where there are (noncompulsory) assignment deadlines set for you. These deadlines are likely targeted at people in jobs (like each week will require only 5 hours of your time), so if you're NEET and can't stick to deadlines or even finish the course in half the allotted time then consider doing something else with your life. Take up an artistic medium perhaps. For maximum interest in the course make sure you A.) are actually interested in it, and B.) have some kind of use for it/see ways of applying it in the near future.

Don't do Web dev. Dont.

I recommend no one on this board do Web Development, it is a rapidly dying trade that is being simplified by drag and drop user friendly GUI's. If you're not using those then you're using libraries and ez mode "insert class here for RESPONSIVE" shit like bootstrap.

It will soon be a cheap and inexpensive labor that will in turn pay the same.

I took CS50 on edx, and some Free Code Camp, now I have an internship in webdev. AMA

Thanks, bro