What's with all the hate on Arch?

What's with all the hate on Arch?

It's a meem bistro that brews skiddos that genuinely think they learned something important once they got through the tedious configuration.

I don't hate Arch but I don't really see the appeal because by the time I'm done configuring the system and adding my programs it's about as bloated as a vanilla ubuntu install

I agree it was very easy to setup, but that doesn't make it a bad OS.

It's a pointless distro with the worst userbase of any distro. Truly cancerours in their fanatical evangelism.

see

Don't install bloated DE then

I don't get it either. It has the best wiki. I found out about it because searching for linux problems always brought me to their wiki

>I'm just repeating words I don't understand that I heard from watching TV
>I'm trolling because I have nothing better to do and nothing meaningful to contribute

Choose only one

there's no difference. Whether I install a vanilla DE or configure a wm and then go and install office packages, a browser, file browser, terminal emulator, startup scripts, compositor and drivers, the bloat is there

... What did you expect? Does bloat to you mean you have less hard drive space remaining after installing software?

I didn't expect anything different. hence my original post

It's not bloat if you chose to install it dude.

ok, call it "a multitude of additional packages over the original system which pretty much negate the difference in size between arch and distros with preconfigured DEs distro"

Brainlets can't into arch, and Thats pretty much the extent of it.

That isn't Arch's mission statement. Congrats you trolled me.

I dunno. Maybe because many anime loving neckbeards here use it. However it is a good distro, rolling release and the AUR, which has everything make it really easy to use. I love it.

It's more people hating kids who think they're 1337 h4x0r5 because they could follow the instrucctions to install it.

Arch is an interesting distro to use. The software repository is huge. It's the user base that is a little cultish. I've never seen such a vociferous bunch of keyboard warriors in my life.

Saying that, the rhetoric is improving. The zero tolerance of their holier than thou attitude is paying off. I've seen far fewer instances of Ubuntu bashing from them recently. Perhaps they're learning.

It's memed hard on here for being so good when it's impractical for the average users who only browse here for consumer electronics.

Why do people hate on distros? Are they sports teams now? I use my system because I like it, and I do not give the smallest fuck about what anyone thinks about that. And the people who hate on it only react to the kids who think they can brag because they followed an installation guide.

People fail to follow simple installation instructions and get butthurt.

For me its the best distro i've used so far. The wiki is great and the configuration files are at conveniet locations (compared to fkn ubuntu on the other hand). I see that many people dont like Arch because of systemd but for me it has worked great. Boot time analysis, timers, easy to understand service files, systemd-boot. I never want to use a conventional init system again.