Free as in Freedom doesn't matter if you waste all your time on it

If you are going to live your entire life making sure that every action you do maintains your 'freedom', you have literally become a slave to the idea of freedom. You do not have freedom, you just get please out of thinking you do.

In reality, for most people, free as in free time is more important than free as in freedom.
If I had the choice between setting up Gentoo and spending time with my girlfriend, I would choose the latter because it is a better use of my time.

Prove me wrong.

This guy knows it.

Your waifu a shit. She will degrade with time and eventually cease. Not my gentoo.

When you say free time, do you mean libre time or gratis time?

Your a faggot, so a girlfriend is something you will never worry about, and I now have to spend more time de-botnetting windows, I might as well be using Linux. And you still have botnet after all that even. Fuck brown people and fuck their OS.

Libre time

Time to do what matters to you. To do what you want. Just as libre software lets you do what you want with it.

If you waste your time in the name of 'freedom' you literally lost all your time. And time is more precious that 'freedom'

And for most people, the botnet conspiracy doesnt mean shit when they could be enjoying life.

Assuming your "girlfriend" is your waifu-printed-on cum rug. And Linux, especially Ubuntu doesn't devour too much time once you know what to do.

News volumes, when?

Your post doesn't make sense. First you argue that free (libre) time is to do what you want but then you argue that if I don't do what YOU want then I'm not truly free (libre)?

Im not saying that you aren't free. Im saying the people who value their time more aren't free when they are doing stupid shit on gentoo and not having a phone, all this stuff that wastes your time in the name of 'freedom'

If you feel doing it makes you free you can ignore what I am saying

I CHOOSE to spend my time shitposting on Sup Forums using Firefox on Arch Linux, arguing with idiots such as yourself, so again explain how I'm not free despite fully choosing to spend my time like this.

You are free because that is your choice.

But there are a lot of faggots such as your self and Richard Stallman that will try to force their philosophy and opinion on others, and judge them if they don't value the same things.

I'm not judging you Im just telling you most people dont give a shit.

You are slave of own stupidity .

you called him a fagot and your not juding him?

congratulations you figured that out. But still, software being free/libre does not mean its shit and time consuming ,it just implies that at this point of time because free software is pretty niche compared to most popular non-free alternatives.
More people supporting free software / bashing proprietary software means better free software, so the more people use it the less time consuming it will become, at least ideally because you never know what the devs you support might do (this is also the case with proprietary software, just look at windows from 8 onward)

I thought it was more about privacy rather than freedom. To ensure your privacy you take all the steps and time. You are technically free to do whatever you want, but it all has consequences if you do not take steps to protect it.

>purchase laptop with Trisquel installed for you
>start using it out of the box
Where is the wasted time here? There's no tweaking config settings involved, there's barely any software installing to do (using synaptic so you don't even need a terminal), and everything just works, in freedom.

security privacy and other concerns (et al) are a journey not a destination

Yet here you are, wasting your time on Sup Forums.

Aah - the "Freedom is Slavery" meme.

You need to read more George Orwell.

What if libre software actually saves up my time?

No need to avoid botnet updates. No brolen, untested updated pushed to my stable release. I don't need to waste time making my OS not spy on me because it doesn't do that by default.

>gentoo
Nobody cares

>Implying running a program or 2 compares to do all kinds of hacks linuxfags do to make regular shit work

>If I had the choice between setting up Gentoo and spending time with my girlfriend
>spending time with my girlfriend
i cant speak for that but between setting up gentoo and watching animes or masturbating ill take the latter desu

>quoting that podcaster out of context

I have freedom and freetime. Stay cuck.

>I'm not judging you

Faggot. Ima not judging you.

>freedom is slavery
Hey, so long as that cage has gold bars...

>Implying free software is inconvenient
I have a 100% free system and I still have time for my girlfriend and family