Macbook Pro general /mbpg/

Is this the best laptop ever made?

Just bought one and holy fuck, it's amazing.

congrats
for me it's the imac, the best personal computer

Yeah? What do you like about it?

I'm seriously digging the battery life on this damn thing. 12 fucking hours? What the fuck.

I bought a thinkpad after owning a macbook and I laugh my ass off at how gullible I was. Those autistic faggots don't know what they are missing. The apple trackpad tosses the salad of every other laptop.

I prefer the 1998 hotwheels desktop

Congratulations, you got yourself caught while samefagging, what's the next step of your master plan?

as opposed to macbook, screen size and performance mostly

You're wrong, i know because i'm me and only posted once. nice try, douche

itt: op seeking justification for his purchase as the buyers remorse of his overpriced outdated fruity toy kicks in

>t. mactoddler

What model of the mbp would people here recommend? Or should i just get the razer blade stealth instead?

I'd wait for the next one if it gets any better, if not just jump the ship

Razer Blade if you actually care about battery life and don't want a throttling piece of shit.

t. former Throttlebook owner.

Macbook Pro 2015 is objectively the best model released in the last few years.

Next one's gonna have the piece of shit keyboard, no matter how good it may or may not be, it'll have that steaming pile of shit keyboard, so it's a lost cause. This "iteration" of macbooks is dog shit.

>throttlebook 2015 is the best applel can do

Why is Applel such a fucking joke? Even Acer makes better laptops.

>Shitposting for free

The tjmax on the CPUs in the 2015 macbook pro is 105c. Until I see some legitimate evidence it even can throttle with its current thermal solution.

If it is throttling then it needs repairs.

BTW they throttle on purpose when there is a hardware fault. So idiots who think it's throttling because it "sucks" need to stop dropping crumbs and sweat in their keyboard.

>t. mactoddler

>Next one's gonna have the piece of shit keyboard,
well, atleast it got a little better on the 2016 rMBP compared to the Macbook one, so I'm hoping it'll get somehow usable with the next iteration

i have the same one OP, its amazing. Much better than the newest one

>800mhz
>amazing

>I'd wait for the next one
that's what im doing
kaby lake or whatever better processor when..?

>the piece of shit keyboard
backstory

The 2016 Macbook Pro has an extremely shallow keyboard that feels cheap and ...shitty to type on.

I've got a microcenter near here, where I went and typed on the display model and it's fucking awful.

It feels a lot like the 12" macbook's keyboard they released in 2014.

That's too bad. I was thinking of getting one.

won't you just get used to it?

That's because it is

I wanted to get one, the touch bar IS pretty intuitive and handy, and touch ID on a macbook is great....But that god damn keyboard. Fuck.

Nah, it just feels so fucking cheap. I'm pretty picky about what I type on. Some people might, but I'm pretty much never gonna buy a macbook that has that style of shit keyboard on it.

this

when i was at the apple store i thought i was using the macbook air or someolder version of the mbp when i was typing on it. Wtf was apple thinking?

Should I get the entry model without the touch bar, or the one for 400 dollars more with the touch bar and 1ghz extra speed? Since it is such a large purchase I wouldn't want to make a mistake.

It's shit because I'm poor.

I feel like the touch bar is worth it, but the keyboard kills the deal. If you have a macstore or microcenter or friez electionics within driving distance, go fucking type on one and see if you can deal.

Also they raised the prices on 2016 macbooks, which sucks. Get the 2015. You'll be happier, I think.

I wish they'd just drop the "new revolutionary flat keyboard design", but we all know that's not going to happen

They went full retard this model with the unnecessarily huge trackpad, flat keyboard, touchbar meme, smaller battery and not to mention the dongle hell. Heck, I even miss the dumb glowing apple logo.

I guess I'll just end up jumping the ship.

yeah, that's exactly why I'm paying extra for a premium laptop, so I can maybe get used to its shitty abomination of a keyboard

>t. mactoddler

isn't the model without touchbar the old 2k15 model?

Gonna need proof

Doesn't make a difference since it'll throttle to 800mhz either way if you try to watch a youtube video.

you don't need the touch bar. it's dumb. nobody uses it. people only get it to look edgy. doesn't enhance your UX at all.

get a high end 2015 model, bud. they're better machines with more ports.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>acer
>making better laptops
they have the shittiest UEFI implementation ever (i can insert boot entries to the NVRAM with a thinkpad and a elitebook but on a Acer it "succeeds" but it never appears on the boot menu), they have crappy build quality, etc.

pls guys, tell me that this is all just a meme

I mean, it is. I'm typing on a mbp 2015 right now. It doesn't throttle.

it's running 46c right now, gets as low as 30c. Highest I've seen it was 83c while playing Fallout 4 on medium settings @ 45 fps.

Look it up, the tjmax on these CPUs is 105c. It's pretty much impossible to throttle unless something is physically wrong and it needs repair.

Apple is indeed a meme.

>brand new review unit out of box
>throttles
>B-B-B-BUT IT MUS B OLD N CRUSTY STOP USING IT RONG!!!1111

>t. mactoddler

What about the iMac? How are the 21.5 inch models?

Why does every college student buy a brand new macbook despite not needing one?
You can tell they're buying above their means because they baby the shit out of it with rubber covers and oftentimes, they'll even keep the foam sheet that came in the box to protect the screen from the keyboard.

>2015 model
overall better machine, but already 2 years old with 2 generations old processor and no usb-c, yet you're still paying the full price
>2016 model
worse in almost every way, but the keyboard is the true dealbreaker, unfortunately apple seems to be going this way

why couldn't they just take the 2015 model, add usb-c, newer processor and call it a day? why did they have to fuck up the only good laptop?

its still a really good processor. Very comfy a long with the SSD. literally no complaints.

Apple never had a good laptop.

Good processor doesn't mean jack when it throttles to single core performance because the street shitters at Apple can't even fucking design a cooling system as well as Acer.

I unironically prefer the 2016 keyboard to the mushy 2015 one.

>t. mactoddler

/thread

Because they like MacOS enough
>iTunes
>Apple Music
>FaceTime
>connects with iPhone perfectly
>looks pretty
>good enough hardware for Facebook/Netflix/dumb normie shit

yeah, it still is, now... but if you were to buy it now you're buying an already outdated machine at the full price

I almost call that lucky. I can't fucking stand it. And it looks like its gonna be the keyboard on the mbp for the next few years.

wtf is this video

The typical mactoddler in its native habitat.

>for the next few years.
then they completely revolutionalize the keyboard with no travel at all! just completely flat surface with haptic feedback giving you the impression that you're touching something - a fucking ipad in place of a keyboard... woohoo, what a future

JEsus christ how horrifying.

..will it dongle?

Say what you want about Macbooks but they have some of the best screens in laptops.

Macbook Pro 2016 is probably the worst fucking Macbook Pro ever made.

>t. mactoddler

>won't you just get used to it?
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

of course each has their own opinion which is awesome and all but id def say youre in the minority on this one

I"m a neet. Macbook pro or 27 inch iMac? They are basically the same price!

Hang yourself.

>asus

kys senpai

It's still a 16:9 screen with thick bezels.

i-i like your handwriting, sweetie

mbp for sure.

even acer shit would be preferable to mactrash

..uhh..

i was just saying that maybe you need some time before getting used to it.. i haven't even tried it irl so i don't really know awoo

LEAVE ME ALONE!

>connects with iphone perfectly
you cannot connect your iphone to your macbook anymore, by design

DONGLED
O
N
G
L
E
D

lol

bump

>t. mactoddler

id rather spend a week without my gf than my mbp

>macfag
>gf

Good joke.

Memes. Jokes. Puns

Got the trackpad sticker dimensions or website?

>trackpad sticker

Nice.

Too bad I love the way the trackpad feels.

I recognize that meme!

>T. Maccuck

From memory that's his reaction to his mother telling him he's getting a MacBook. It doesn't look it, but they're happy tears and shit.

> hey apple is best
> here's proof they're not
> kys
Average mactoddler argument

/thread

>kys

You need to go back

>That guy who just can't grow the fuck up and get over it.

Their tech illiterate parents but them one

t. College student with a touchbar macbook pro

What do?

is the donglebook still crippled?
hardware issues fixed yet?
parts still soldered on?

sell it and buy a 2015 mdoel.

Sell it and get a better laptop, then spend the rest on hookers and cocain.

>sell it and buy an 800mhz flaming piece of shit

Except (at least modern) macbook airs don't throttle
Fuck the 2013s don't even get that hot under load
It's only every single 15" with a dgpu (excluding the 2016 one somehow).
13" is ok, trackpad feels like ass and the keyboard has no travel.
15" is liquid dogshit 100% though
want a 15" with a dgpu that doesn't throttle under load? You have 2 options
1. any 2016.
2. a 2012 with turbo boost turned off.
to be fair his computer was absolutely fucked
most 2013/14s don't throttle until like 20 minutes under load and they rarely go below 2ghz when throttling.
and turning off turbo boost usually prevents them from throttling at all.
absolute shit
especially now that they only have 32 gig ssds for their "hybrid drives"
It's 2017 no mid or high end device should have a hard drive in it.
He's literally retarded
>gorgeous display
>amazing speakers
>doesn't throttle under load with a dgpu
Nigga it's pretty much perfect
Just give it a few years when everything is usb c thanks to apple
If only it had an nvidia gpu it would be perfect.

They'll find out and get uppity. I guess what I mean to say is, how do I deal with the cards I've been dealt? What do I do with this thing?

Linux support will never come, and windows 10 support for the touchbar is pretty flaky.

>t. mactoddler

Does microsoft pay you or something?