Redpill me on watercooling pc's. When is it actually useful and not just a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHNFu3MM0PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never
a fucking meme and a waste of money

Hello this is dog

when aircooling is not enough

pretty much this unless you're running a house fire or trying to reach that extra 100mhz. thus running a house fire.

>hurr muh quietness
its #CURRENTYEAR. heatsink + fans are now whisper quiet
>HURRRRR
exactly.

>pic related
the water cooling industrial complex

>not just a meme
I would have answered you seriously, but you're retarded, so kill yourself.

>I can't justify my purchase so I lash out

Is word filtering redpill into spoonfeed too much to ask of the mods?

I don't have a watercooled system, but that's irrelevant. You're a retard that doesn't understand what the word "meme" means. You probably say things like "unironically" too.

>now that I've been called out I must proceed to embarrass myself

user stop, I just clicked on the thread to see if anyone had some good points in favor of watercooling.

You don't understand what the word "embarrass" means either.

Its only worth if if you're rich and want to throw money down the drain and play with tubes. If you're getting it prebuilt then kill yourself.

>I'll just keep shouting "UR DUM" without ever actually making any real points about the topic of the thread

My man you should reconsider your life a little.

boi u salty af
plz leave

(This my first post in the thread; I will be the 10th unique poster)

I have a watercooled system. CPU aswell as two GPUs. It is great if youre trying to get maximum number crunching. Not really practical unless you have extra money and really want to go all out.

>Havent had a housefire yet.

Watercooling just the CPU is pointless. Those all in one kits are shit.

Water cooling your CPU, and your SLI setup is worth it. Looks better, less dust, and is definitely quieter at full load.

Guts thread has some nice water cooling setups.

Prefilled CLC isn't worth it
Custom water cooling is, purely from that standpoint that it looks cool.

Otherwise, both are a waste of money when there's better alternatives.

Performance wise, I believe the term 'diminishing returns' comes into play.

I built a custom loop.

>Do you need the full loop?
No but I had money at the time to play with so it was more for the novelty and to fuck around with something new. My computer as a whole does run much quieter which is nice I guess but wasn't a huge change.

>Do you need a water-cooled CPU?
In my case, I bought a K processor so I could overclock as it aged to keep up with current times. That time has come and it was worth ever penny cooling the CPU now. I can run it as fast/faster then current model CPUs without an annoying air cooler blasting or reaching high temps.

Overall i would water-cool the CPU again but not the GPU. If you have the money and aren't an idiot I'd say build a costume loop for the CPU only. It's more or less fool proof.

every time someone in this thread says water I kill a nigger

cum in my mouth

If you aren't using top-tier hardware, water cooling is not worth it. The extra money should always be spent on better components instead, as the increase in performance will be far better.
If you have a 6700K or better and a 1080/titan XP, go for it. Otherwise, just upgrade your hardware.

with air cooling my 1080 doesn't see above 55 degrees C

idk why you'd want to go full loop unless there are literally no other options

water water water water water water water water water water water water water water water water

a h212 is better then almost any single fan rad clc
a noctua d15 is better then almost any 2 fan rad and many 3 rad fans if you can exhaust the heat out of the case effectively.

a clc really only comes into play if you have absolutely no fucking clearance but want to oc, like getting a micro atx case like a retard.

other then that, air is better till you get to 3 rads, and even then, not all 3 rads are equal.

now, on the topic of custom loops, for the most part all the metal parts are reusable from build to build unless the company that makes the shit goes under, so you buy it once you are good for 15-20 years, even if they go under, you can rig something that works.

this is good for one reason only, you can evacuate ALL the heat from your computer, ever wonder why they had those holes with rubber on them on so many cases, people dont use em much, but that is for putting the rads outside of the case. depending on how elaborate you go, you could actually run them through walls and into other rooms, so you dump all the heat outside of the computer. Or you could get a bucket of ice water, put the rads in it, and just ad some more ice every now and then, and you never have to worry about your room heating up.

but most retards put the rads inside the fucking case when they have literally zero reason to so do this because they are not limited in their options.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHNFu3MM0PA

set those up on the outside of the computer, and you have almost unlimited options because you are

1) not shackled to where you mount the rads for working on the case
2) able to put the pump, the rads, and fans outside of the room entirely, so you can use serious overkill shit in another room and not care.

cleaning is a bitch, tubes can cost money and need to be replaced every so often, but yea, there is good reason but NO ONE ever fucking does it.

can you open the javascript console and write

for(;;)console.log("water")

for me please?

It's worth it if you intend on SLIing 4 1080s.

Otherwise, no difference. It's a great backup if a fan breaks down though.

If you're not overclocking, then it's a meme.

I bought a 6600k for the same reason you did. But why a custom loop for just a CPU? Why shouldn't I just get an NZXT/Corsair AIO?

Aio coolers aren't any cooler than air coolers while being more expensive and more prone to failure(pump failure or leaks vs easily replaceable fan). You'll only really reach lower temps if you custom loop.